CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post, GK !
And I think it's reasonable to surmise that Ma F came up with the bail $$$ and assisted in explaining (LE have certainly listened to any phone calls and letters/messages from mommy dearest) which names for PF to write down on his "kill list".
A KILL LIST.
Whiles he's in jail on trial for at least one murder that we know of.
Unbelievable.
Imo.

What's really unbelievable is that he's telling his jailmate that he's being railroaded for a murder he did not commit - and the only way to defend himself is to murder innocent people.

Yes. He knew he was being recorded, and SF relaying those phrases would allow that information to fly under the radar.

Of course anyone actually listening to those conversations, would be like “what the hell?”

This guy loves his elk:

The two young men also testified that they helped #PatrickFrazee dispose of a metal trough that prosecutors say Frazee used to burn #KelseyBerreth's body. Frazee never told them anything other than wood and deer or elk antlers were burned in the fire.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

I think that "taking care of the horses" was the actual murder, and the "elk hunt" was the destruction of the body. His use of elk/deer antlers to explain a smattering of bone-like substances in the fire pit is a big "tell" for me. IMO

JMHO, but I don't think John Doe ...
Rsbm
I'd like to think he can turn his life around and start doing the right things for the right reasons, but he sounds like a career criminal. But you never know. MOO

Perhaps he can follow in the footsteps ofJeremy Ray Meeks?

Oh, yes, I totally get but allow me to flesh out my thinking on it. It's that since they were conducting Kelsey's murder investigation, ANY teeth found would have to be tested, right? Therefore, some answer must have been arrived at. They weren't Kelsey's, obviously, but if they were unknown (no DNA profile to match them to) I would think LE would be very interested in who they belonged to since we're talking about a killer, here. I guess they must have been identified (family) but just wanted to confirm that, yes, they were tested.

If you watched Sam's video yesterday you heard him say the teeth from inside the house were tested and they had female DNA.

If they offered any proof in the case I'm sure they would have been used by DA May.

If they offered any proof of Patrick's innocence the defense would have introduced them.

Judges don't allow evidence to come in just because it made someone go "hmmmm".

Well, who the hell did they come from??? While it may irrelevant to this case, I'd like to know.I mentioned before possible trophies. I'd at least like to hear that was ruled out (as in the state does know whose teeth they are).

Keep an eye out and maybe you can buy them on eBay soon!

If I had to guess why anyone had a bag of teeth I'd assume someone brought them home after a trip/trips to the dentist, dropped them in the dresser drawer and forgot about them.

Ah, good post. I for one had wondered if the defense was just throwing in the towel with the new evidence, thinking the best thing they could do for their client at this point is to let the appeal team take it on. But you make good points.

Is it possible that in the closed door sessions, the defense filed motions that the judge denied? Or did they gather in chambers and argue it out without the formality of motions? Just wondering if there will be a paper trail that we can read when this is all said and done.

I’m sure they tried to keep out the letters altogether on those grounds via motions in limine that were denied. But one thing is to try to keep it from even being addressed before a jury. That’s a motion in limine to exclude evidence before the other side tries to admit it.

Another is objecting based on various grounds during testimony. “Contemporaneous objections”. You don’t just do one. You do both.

Because the motion is to exclude the evidence. If it’s not granted that doesn’t mean the evidence is automatically admitted. It’s just not excluded prior to testimony. They’re two different things.

ETA: Defense attorneys don’t throw in the towel in the hopes of an appeal. They preserve the record for appeal. Those are very different.

I wonder if a lawyer could weigh in here. (@gitana1 ?:))

Is it possible they left SF out of the trial so that PF's murder case (the most important) could go on without any hangups, and not showing their hand beforehand, while fully intending to go after her later? Is there a time limit on that?

There is a time limit. Probably years. I think they left her in the hall in order to leave her in the hall. Because they didn’t want her able to show support. They don’t like her, IMO.

I don’t think they had any intentions of asking her about the letters/murder spree plans. She’d rightfully clam up.

@gitana1 What about this?

We know that the defense and prosecution had closed door meetings regarding the introduction of those letters.

What if there was actually a recording of PF arranging the bond being posted for Bentley (I’m sure there is), and a deal was made that the defense wouldn’t question the legitimacy of the letters, if the prosecution didn’t play that tape?

Or something along those lines anyway.

Oh I so hope there was. While I doubt it will have any future play into PF's trial, if things do appear to not be legal. I have faith LE will follow up....how can they not??

On a side note, and while we are waiting for the PF case to resume on Monday.... can we all take a minute to say a prayer for the young U of GA student photographer who was on the sidelines just now during the UA/UG game and one of the players caught the ball and ran out of bounds....only to hit her square on with a full force knee coming up under her chin.... knocked her out for a good while and she is not moving extremities as of yet..... Prayers for the Berreth family and prayers for this young girl.....

ITA PF’s plan (if we can call it that) was so preposterous that I’m sure even John Doe had a good laugh at it.

And that was supposed to be “gánster”. Sometimes my language is switched to Spanish and autocorrect will give me the closest. Although in this case it gave me gánster with an accent?

I wouldn’t be worried except there are Frazee’s on the outside and I’m thinking of the Rhoden case.

Custody of a child makes people insane. So does losing.
It's a proven fact that Kelsey's mother Cheryl was on the hit list.
That alone should ensure that this child is kept safe from the Frazee's and possibly in an undisclosed location ?
Every day until she's of age or possibly beyond this little on will be in danger from the F. family.

PF's rage knows no bounds-- and if he or someone who unconditionally loves and supports him (I know, "Boke" --thanks to a previous poster :) ) is willing to do him a solid.....

I am so sorry the Berreth's are going through this despicable travesty.
They deserve to be somewhere safe after the trial is finished and not have to look over their shoulder constantly !

Because with PF's temper and his mother's love and full support (re. possible instability ) --- kidnapping will be a very real threat and not just when baby K is growing up-- but after she's an adult as well.
Anything to get back at the Berreth family.
Sadly they now have enemies and although it'll be difficult for PF to do much while locked away-- he has family and friends to do his bidding.

Well some friends.
Pretty sure Joe and his wife Wendy the cash cow aren't planning to speak to the Frazee's anytime soon ! :eek:
Not to mention it's somewhat rude to refer to a woman as a 'cow' , even if it's in reference to the money PF wants to collect from her death.
Imo.

@gitana1

What will happen to the person who paid the bail money for the jailhouse witness?

Do you think there will be charges ?

There could be. Depending on what evidence they have. And they should have a lot since PF was in jail and his communications were recorded.

I mean bailing the “hit man” out is a step in a conspiracy which is a crucial element of the crime.

@gitana1 What about this?

We know that the defense and prosecution had closed door meetings regarding the introduction of those letters.

What if there was actually a recording of PF arranging the bond being posted for Bentley (I’m sure there is), and a deal was made that the defense wouldn’t question the legitimacy of the letters, if the prosecution didn’t play that tape?

Or something along those lines anyway.

I don’t see a deal like that being made. I’ve never heard of that kind of deal.

How could they question who write it? It contained personal information about witnesses only PF knew about. Who needs someone to discuss how all the letters are written consistent with his known handwriting and no stop and start line indicative of a forger? His guilty knowledge is like his mental DNA. We knew he was an abusive narcissist, but I think the savage murder of KB took him to vindictive serial killer who loved manipulating others to do his dirty work and take the blame for him, too.

I will have a hard time thinking logically in future cases now because this case actually does read like a bad novel!!

My heart breaks for KB’s family. Poor little KB will only be able to hear stories of her awesome mom. Hopefully, they will be able to raise her to be a strong, caring woman like they did her mother.

Sometimes evil blindsides good simply because good can’t wrap its mind around the depths evil can descend.
So much truth in your final sentence!

There could be. Depending on what evidence they have. And they should have a lot since PF was in jail and his communications were recorded.

I mean bailing the “hit man” out is a step in a conspiracy which is a crucial element of the crime.

@gitana1

Thank you for answering.

I'm always happy to see you on a thread. I learn so much from your expertise :):cool::)

What's really unbelievable is that he's telling his jailmate that he's being railroaded for a murder he did not commit - and the only way to defend himself is to murder innocent people.
We need an emoticon for "Irony"....
Quite a lot of that in this trial.

I think that "taking care of the horses" was the actual murder, and the "elk hunt" was the destruction of the body. His use of elk/deer antlers to explain a smattering of bone-like substances in the fire pit is a big "tell" for me. IMO
Very interesting.
I hadn't made that connection.

Also wonder if this was PF's first 'rodeo' ?
Any other bodies out there rotting on the Franch ?
And who else would know if there was ?

Me too I’m wondering if he didn’t admit it to his attorney ? And I also wonder if he called on the recorded line and there’s that evidence too
JMO

I think he told his attorneys. They went directly to the jail when they got the news and asked him if they should attempt to challenge authenticity and what the consequences of that would be.

It was a tactical decision to file a motion in limine but otherwise not object or cross because it would go nowhere.

Gigi, so sad that your sister died, leaving her boys.
Hope you have contact with the kids, and have enjoyment together.:):)
Similarly with Kelsey, if the Berreth's are able to receive money, to help with Kelsey's child, this would be an added bonus.
Yes! We get to see the boys during thanksgiving break! I am so excited about it! That said, my heart goes out to the Berreths who will never get another thanksgiving with their precious Kelsey :(
I fully believe they will be receiving those benefits, and I hope her insurance will payout to that sweet baby even if they never find her body. Does anyone know if that is a possibility?

I want to be respectful of your POV. But I don’t understand it. How is it that you’re still riding the same horse as back in Feb. How is it that all that testimony - and then the paper towel kill list - doesn’t sway you one iota?

“There is something about the whole plot that, for me, reeks of female scheming. And KK has an identifiable motive where PF's is unknown and only guessed about.

It makes no sense to me that KK was in a relationship with PF 15 years ago, has always carried a torch for him, hooked up with him again in 2016, the love of her life - then in 2018 he is now suddenly evil incarnate, may have killed before, is soliciting KK to commit murder for months, threatening her, threatening her children, and KK is blabbing all this to her BFF to spread the word that PF is going to murder KB - then KK goes to CO to help dispose of evidence.

It looks like KK was setting up PF for months.”

Yes, show us some months-old KK-crafted paper towel letters outlining her plans to set up PF for Kelsey's murder and I'm all in!

It's so important in any case to keep an open mind and follow the evidence rather than hold on by the teeth (no pun intended) to one's own early thoughts before actual evidence was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74