MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where exactly the gun was found was new to me. I knew it was found at the cabin, but the way her sister describes where it was found paints a bit of a different picture.

Also mentions the theory that the family has about Ada going out the window onto the roof and there was also a ladder propped up on the side of the house where she was suspected to be on the roof. Sis thinks someone used the ladder to get up to her. I may have heard that previously but it got buried in my mind somehow.

Ladder is worrisome... Someone could have been hiding in the attic and someone else outside cabin? Or it was just one person who was outside and used the ladder to access the attic. If it someone who knew her well then it seems they would likely know she was armed before approaching the house. As sister reports she always carried her gun. And that seems risky to any possible perp.

I keep trying to imagine the scenario.

Where exactly the gun was found was new to me. I knew it was found at the cabin, but the way her sister describes where it was found paints a bit of a different picture...

I wondered about this, too. Was the gun deliberately hidden outdoors, or was it tossed haphazardly on the ground? By whom? Hopefully, there are fingerprints on the handgun that will provide evidence about who handled the gun.

I wondered about this, too. Was the gun deliberately hidden outdoors, or was it tossed haphazardly on the ground? By whom? Hopefully, there are fingerprints on the handgun that will provide evidence about who handled the gun.

At first when the sister said the gun was covered by leaves, it sounded as if it were hidden deliberately. Then I got to thinking that if someone did go up on the roof to get to Ada, then the gun could have fallen off the roof during a struggle. BUT in the interview, her sister starts talking about how the weather was during those days and mentions that the leaves were still on the trees, so I find it hard to believe that there were enough leaves that a 9mm could be dropped and hidden in the leaves accidentally. MOO.

At first when the sister said the gun was covered by leaves, it sounded as if it were hidden deliberately. Then I got to thinking that if someone did go up on the roof to get to Ada, then the gun could have fallen off the roof during a struggle. BUT in the interview, her sister starts talking about how the weather was during those days and mentions that the leaves were still on the trees, so I find it hard to believe that there were enough leaves that a 9mm could be dropped and hidden in the leaves accidentally. MOO.

True. I can't remember how the trees (around the home) looked in the news video at the time she disappeared.

I keep coming back to the mental break theory I posted earlier today... But reports from LE suggest foul play. It's been several weeks... Wish she could be found.

Ada said that she was in a gunfight, there is no evidence this is true. Ada said that she shot someone in the face, there is no evidence to substantiate this. Ada claimed that she saw a cougar, a cougar sighting in Michigan’s lower peninsula is so extremely rare that it seems to me that her reporting the sighting does no more than confirm that she was delusional.

I've no idea really, but just want to say she could have thought she saw a cougar, but in fact might have seen a bobcat, or a dog. Correct about cougar being pretty remote possibility. Also, probably coyote around..I'm an hour north and we have all of the above here. (Excepting the cougar..)(that I know of!)

I've no idea really, but just want to say she could have thought she saw a cougar, but in fact might have seen a bobcat, or a dog. Correct about cougar being pretty remote possibility. Also, probably coyote around..I'm an hour north and we have all of the above here. (Excepting the cougar..)(that I know of!)
Ada was a woman that was no stranger to the outdoors. I feel that she would know the difference between a cougar and a bobcat.

The photos here are of two different cabins; both family owned but the white one is the one that Adrienne stayed in. The other is her uncles and he and her cousins typically use that one.
Clarification: she had usually stayed at the white cabin but was staying in the green/tan (ish) cabin this time. Sorry, that initial comment was a bit muddled!

I'm thinking it may have been an altercation with a female. Maybe someone who objected to Adrienne's relationship with Lundy? Otherwise, I would think if it were a male, he would have slugged the guy and defended her. (Just speculating.)
It was a male. that i
I'm thinking it may have been an altercation with a female. Maybe someone who objected to Adrienne's relationship with Lundy? Otherwise, I would think if it were a male, he would have slugged the guy and defended her. (Just speculating.)
It was a male. Both Adrienne and her bf were injured and went to the hospital. There was a report filed.

Do the police still think this is foul play? Or have they changed their minds? I would think if they were looking in other directions now, they would say so. This is what gives me pause about a mental break.
You have an excellent point. I have been wondering why the search has not been ongoing. The weather would permit a search to continue so why has it not?

With it being 1:30 a.m. and extremely dark out at that time of night, how was she able to tell that it was a cougar?

Good point. During the interview on the podcast, Ada's sister said that all the lights in the cabin were on and that someone could see into the cabin, but she didn't think that anyone could see what was outside the cabin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member