AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree that it's highly likely. LE isn't warning parents on a regular basis to keep an eye on their kids when out in public. Either they know something or they've been advised not to create a panic. Why else would no one - LE, the FBI, the mayor, local advocates - clearly state that a predator may be still in the area. Instead they are saying Dulce may no longer be in the area. What does that even mean? All the waiting is frustrating. Sigh. :(
I’m afraid they won’t wake up and take things seriously until a little girl goes missing with no questionable legality issues. Sorry to type this..IMO

This person that took Dulce very well could have seen her at the park before and fixated on her,he might be someone that plays b-ball there or just hangs out in the park..What i meant as in random i might not have expressed very good..what i was saying is i do not believe it was mom,her family or bio dad. i guess a random pervert could even be someone the family knows, but i just do not feel in my heart her family caused her any harm or took her away.moo

This person that took Dulce very well could have seen her at the park before and fixated on her,he might be someone that plays b-ball there or just hangs out in the park..What i meant as in random i might not have expressed very good..what i was saying is i do not believe it was mom,her family or bio dad. i guess a random pervert could even be someone the family knows, but i just do not feel in my heart her family caused her any harm or took her away.moo
And he will do it again. The first time (if this was his first) is the hardest.

"The case of a 5-year-old Bridgeton girl who disappeared from a local park in September is receiving fresh attention thanks to the Dr. Phil TV show.

The mother of Dulce Maria Alavez was interviewed for the program and will appear on the Nov. 21 episode, family spokeswoman Jackie Rodriguez confirmed.

Alavez Perez and Rodriguez traveled to New York City a few weeks ago to record the interview with Dr. Phil McGraw, Rodriguez said."

Dr. Phil to feature story of missing N.J. 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

Last edited:
"The case of a 5-year-old Bridgeton girl who disappeared from a local park in September is receiving fresh attention thanks to the Dr. Phil TV show.

The mother of Dulce Maria Alavez was interviewed for the program and will appear on the Nov. 21 episode, family spokeswoman Jackie Rodriguez confirmed.

Alavez Perez and Rodriguez traveled to New York City a few weeks ago to record the interview with Dr. Phil McGraw, Rodriguez said."

Dr. Phil to feature story of missing N.J. 5-year-old Dulce Alavez
Oh my! How wonderful!

I am beyond disgusted about how Dulce’s case had been handled. Come on LE step it up! Let me know this isn’t a racist or poor people’s problem.Cause that’s sure what it feels like! It seems you have a predator on your hands. Own it.

Imo, LE will never give up trying to find Dulce or her perpetrator either.

While the public at large can be impatient at times, those in LE are not, and methodically continue to investigate, and solve cases for as long as it takes.

I pray someone calls in the tip that breaks this case wide open. It only takes one credible tip sometimes.

Bless them all.

Imoo

You are correct. Cumberland County never forgets.

I think one of the biggest problems was that police did not arrive until about 45 minutes after she was taken.
The family searched for Dulce themselves, which is common since probably the last thing parents think is that their child was kidnapped.
I think even LE believed she may have gotten lost. Once they got there they questioned all the witnesses.

Imo
Politely cut to quote.

This is what my minds eye has been telling me.

In an earlier post, I mentioned my personal take about the 911 call.
It was sloppy. Not so much that the operator would catch a civil/criminal case.

She was sharing to whom ever was also in the room, thats whatever.

I personally heard zero chatter until well into the call.
Police are to be dispatched immediately. Was taught that it should ALWAYS destination vs crime.

I don’t know how long she’s been in dispatch but. You Start radioing and checking the address. It’s OK to have to radio in information as you get it.

I can finally say, in My PROFESSIONAL opinion

(Jackie) Rodriguez believes fear in the community has resulted in an unwillingness to talk and a lack of awareness.

“(The family) doesn’t have their papers,” Rodriguez said. “They’re not legal here. They’re scared. They’re not the only ones that are scared. There are many out there in the city of Bridgeton that feel the same way. I feel like a lot of people are afraid to speak because of that problem.”

Family of Dulce Maria Alavez says fresh search coming with divers, dogs

(Jackie) Rodriguez believes fear in the community has resulted in an unwillingness to talk and a lack of awareness.

“(The family) doesn’t have their papers,” Rodriguez said. “They’re not legal here. They’re scared. They’re not the only ones that are scared. There are many out there in the city of Bridgeton that feel the same way. I feel like a lot of people are afraid to speak because of that problem.”

Waitttt so the family is here illegally? I remember reading several articles stating otherwise. If that is true that could explain the lack of support from LE, possibly the community etc. Not excusing it just think that would add another layer to this case.

There is a 35 minute video of the vigil posted on YouTube if anyone wants to watch. I found it more aggravating how disorganized it was and by a few things that were said ..
Jackie the translator/spokesperson reads the signs written in Spanish that Norma and Camila are holding - when someone asks her to translate them in English she says she will try - I think maybe she speaks Spanish but maybe doesn’t read/translate well. Someone else steps in and translates only Camilla’s sign.
Norma speaks in Spanish and Jackie summarized only a few words in English - does not translate verbatim
A man also speaks Spanish - I don’t hear them identify who he is (multiple people are speaking at same time) and everyone is so bundled up it is hard to see who it is. She does not translate at all what he says in English.
When a reporter asks why they are holding the vigil on private property- the woman volunteer from Philly who does a lot of the speaking - responds that city hall required a permit to turn the lights on and suggested having it at 3pm- which would make having a candle light vigil difficult since it would not be dark. Also mentions the city worker responsible for turning on the lights is on vacation? City refers them to salvation army? The woman from Philly mentions another volunteer who is not present but has been emailing for help - mentions that the mayor was emailed and did not respond.
It seems the k9 and dive teams are agreeing to search based on these ladies sending emails - the town has approved but the family needs to sign off ?
The woman from Philly mentions the community has not been asked to search their property.

So frustrating -what in the world is going on here ?

I am rarely critical of LE efforts, but in this case I definitely see a marked difference between other missing children cases and this one. Most LE departments are very vocal when a child is abducted from a public place - at least for the first week or two they have DAILY pressers to keep the public informed and urgently looking for all signs of the child/suspects; they speak passionately about the victim and urgency to find; and then keep the requests for information and searches ongoing. I'm not sure if they are underfunded, inexperienced, or uncaring, but in my opinion they have sort of sat back instead of being really proactive.

Although I at times find Dr. Phil distasteful, I am happy that Dulce's family will have a platform to get more attention and awareness to spread the word.

Continued prayers for Dulce and her family!

I am rarely critical of LE efforts, but in this case I definitely see a marked difference between other missing children cases and this one. Most LE departments are very vocal when a child is abducted from a public place - at least for the first week or two they have DAILY pressers to keep the public informed and urgently looking for all signs of the child/suspects; they speak passionately about the victim and urgency to find; and then keep the requests for information and searches ongoing. I'm not sure if they are underfunded, inexperienced, or uncaring, but in my opinion they have sort of sat back instead of being really proactive.

Although I at times find Dr. Phil distasteful, I am happy that Dulce's family will have a platform to get more attention and awareness to spread the word.

Continued prayers for Dulce and her family!

i don’t care for dr Phil but believe the platform will give the case more attention.

However I find it interesting that Noema is to shy to speak to local media and fears criticism but will appear on Dr Phil
Also not clear what value Jackie would bring to the show. Noema understands and speaks English better than Jackie translates ..

Not understanding why? Supposedly she was abducted by a "stranger". Not seeing the reasoning. LE has not asked for searchers, professional or volunteer.

I'd say everyone is acutely aware of dulce missing, and alot of other things, imo

And that is what is causing Dulce's disappearance to not be solved.

How is this LE's fault, when people may have information but won't talk?

they could use snail mail and send it in anonymously, instead of having this family suffer like this and Dulce's location unknown. We don't know for sure if she's alive and well or was tortured and killed on the first day.

It could also be that no one truly knows what happened to Dulce. Maybe everyone at the park told all that they saw and knew of that day, and nothing truly stood out as a kidnapping to them.

I think part of the problem is that the Mom called the brother first to bring his dog down, and they searched for her for 45 minutes before calling LE. That's a lot of time for a perp to get away, they could have been three or four towns over by the time LE gathered information and started searching.

I just think that LE's hands are tied. They have no new leads, and if anyone does know what happened to her, they aren't talking. Where does LE go from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member