IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Existence revealed of video believed to be of Huisentruit

SOLON, Iowa – Cold case investigator and media consulting executive Steve Ridge has revealed that Mason City, anchor Jodi Huisentruit boarded a ski boat with two men she did not previously know the weekend before she vanished in June of 1995. It has already been reported that Huisentruit went water skiing at Coralville Lake north of Iowa City with the primary person of interest in her disappearance, John Vansice, a man some 20 years older than Jodi. With them were Vansice’s son and two of Jodi’s friends.

Ridge says his investigation has discovered that Jodi had met two young men with a Master Craft ski boat. Ridge says he spoke with witnesses who were at the lake that Saturday in 1995. Ridge says he’s been told that while Vansice was clearly not enthused that Jodi left to spend time with the younger men, he did not overreact or cause a scene, as some claim Vansice was prone to do.

Ridge says that once aboard the other boat, Huisentruit and a female friend were observed drinking and eventually singing and dancing on top of the enclosed engine compartment. Ridge says the young women were captured on a video made by the boat’s owner.

KWWL was not able to obtain nor view a copy of that video as Ridge says it is currently in the hands of investigators.

Ridge says this particular boater, whose name he is not divulging, made it a habit of inviting young women to waterski, and then videotaping them on board the boat. That video is believed to be the last one ever made outside of Huisentruit’s workplace before she was reported missing.

Ridge says he’s exploring whether one or both of the young men might have visited or attempted to visit Jodi in Mason City the next day, or possibly the Monday night before she was abducted. Ridge believes it is plausible a confrontation occurred inside Jodi’s apartment the night before she was abducted, or in the parking lot, minutes before she was abducted. Ridge says such a confrontation could shed light on both a motive and a proximity to the long mysterious abduction.

Ridge says he is convinced the strongest clues in Huisentruit’s disappearance can be found in the critical days and weeks leading up to her disappearance. “A lot of unfortunate things came together in a relatively short period of time just before Jodi went missing”, Ridge asserted.

Huisentruit was a morning news anchor for KIMT when she failed to report for work on Tuesday, June 27, 1995. Personal belongings and evidence suggesting a struggle were found near her parked car.

Ridge emphasized that while he is working independent of authorities, he does not withhold any potentially valuable information from them. “Our common goal is to bring closure to Jodi’s family and friends”, Ridge said. “ultimately, we would like to bring Jodi home to a permanent resting place.”

Ridge says he is convinced the strongest clues in Huisentruit’s disappearance can be found in the critical days and weeks leading up to her disappearance. “A lot of unfortunate things came together in a relatively short period of time just before Jodi went missing”, Ridge asserted.

I wonder what unfortunate things he’s referring to?

I wonder what unfortunate things he’s referring to?
So do I, because I have no clue.

Existence revealed of video believed to be of Huisentruit

SOLON, Iowa – Cold case investigator and media consulting executive Steve Ridge has revealed that Mason City, anchor Jodi Huisentruit boarded a ski boat with two men she did not previously know the weekend before she vanished in June of 1995. It has already been reported that Huisentruit went water skiing at Coralville Lake north of Iowa City with the primary person of interest in her disappearance, John Vansice, a man some 20 years older than Jodi. With them were Vansice’s son and two of Jodi’s friends.

Ridge says his investigation has discovered that Jodi had met two young men with a Master Craft ski boat. Ridge says he spoke with witnesses who were at the lake that Saturday in 1995. Ridge says he’s been told that while Vansice was clearly not enthused that Jodi left to spend time with the younger men, he did not overreact or cause a scene, as some claim Vansice was prone to do.

Ridge says that once aboard the other boat, Huisentruit and a female friend were observed drinking and eventually singing and dancing on top of the enclosed engine compartment. Ridge says the young women were captured on a video made by the boat’s owner.

KWWL was not able to obtain nor view a copy of that video as Ridge says it is currently in the hands of investigators.

Ridge says this particular boater, whose name he is not divulging, made it a habit of inviting young women to waterski, and then videotaping them on board the boat. That video is believed to be the last one ever made outside of Huisentruit’s workplace before she was reported missing.

Ridge says he’s exploring whether one or both of the young men might have visited or attempted to visit Jodi in Mason City the next day, or possibly the Monday night before she was abducted. Ridge believes it is plausible a confrontation occurred inside Jodi’s apartment the night before she was abducted, or in the parking lot, minutes before she was abducted. Ridge says such a confrontation could shed light on both a motive and a proximity to the long mysterious abduction.

Huisentruit was a morning news anchor for KIMT when she failed to report for work on Tuesday, June 27, 1995. Personal belongings and evidence suggesting a struggle were found near her parked car.

Ridge emphasized that while he is working independent of authorities, he does not withhold any potentially valuable information from them. “Our common goal is to bring closure to Jodi’s family and friends”, Ridge said. “ultimately, we would like to bring Jodi home to a permanent resting place.”
That lake has been mentioned several times on here. What other ties did Jodi have to that area? Did she know someone who worked at that university?

That lake has been mentioned several times on here. What other ties did Jodi have to that area? Did she know someone who worked at that university?
Coralville reservoir is in the Iowa City area, where the U of I is located. Jodi's first broadcasting job was as the Iowa City bureau chief for a Cedar Rapids-based station, KGAN. So she knew Iowa City and obviously would circa 1995 still have had friends and acquaintances there....

JSHuisentruit1.jpg
JSHuisentruit2.jpg

JSHuisentruit3.jpg
JSHuisentruit4.jpg

JSHuisentruit6.jpg

Jodi Sue Huisentruit
Missing since June 27, 1995 from Mason City, Cerro Gordo County, Iowa.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: June 5, 1968
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"-5'4"; 110-120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Jodi Huisentruit, an anchor at KIMT television station in Mason City, Iowa, disappeared from outside her apartment as she left for work
at approximately 4:00 on June 27, 1995. Initially a missing person case, Huisentruit's disappearance was soon classified an abduction. When investigators arrived at her apartment complex they found her red Miata convertible in the parking lot. A pair of red women's dress shoes, a blow dryer, bottle of hair spray, car keys and earrings were scattered beside the car. The key was found bent and out of the door lock. Witnesses indicate that they heard screams at 4 o'clock that morning. Investigators are looking for a white mid 1980s Ford Econoline van. Foul play is suspected.

Huisentruit grew up in Long Prairie, Minnesota, where she was active in sports, excelling in golf. She earned her bachelors degree in 1990 from St. Cloud State University with a double major in TV Broadcasting and Speech Communication. Huisentruit worked for Northwest Airlines immediately after graduation, followed by a broadcasting position at KGAN-TV Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She then returned to Minnesota for a position at KSAX-TV in Alexandria, before joining KIMT-TV in Mason City.

The Jodi's Hope Fund has been established to help youngsters in Long Prairie, Minnesota — where Jodi Huisentruit grew up — develop their writing and speaking skills. To learn more about the fund and how to contribute, go to www.jodishopefund.com.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Mason City Police Department
641-421-3636
Iowa Missing Persons Clearinghouse
1-800-346-5507

NCIC Number: M-844559811

Source Information:
Iowa Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Namus
Find Jodi
Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office
Unsolved Mysteries
The Doe Network: Case File 1326DFIA

Sorry for taking such a long time to get back to you. Just wanted to let you know I've made some progress on the diagram. Here it is in it's current state (20 mins of work - just information from Jodi Huisentruit - Wikipedia added). I'll try to improve it over the weekend and (hopefully - please don't hold me to it!) finalise it by Sunday evening:
s16yj71muxy31.png

(You may note that the diagram looks different - that is because I am trying another diagram software)
I'd appreciate any feedback!

Here's the updated version with today's work (still incomplete). I am quite proud of it myself, though it is a bit wild and will need to be organised:
ghd6zrzby4z31.png

As always, any thoughts/input appreciated!

For what it is worth, I think the birthday party was held not at home but at a local rest/bar known as The Other Place.

For what it is worth, I think the birthday party was held not at home but at a local rest/bar known as The Other Place.
This is so excellent. It will be helpful to those who are new to this case. If you read about the Iowa man who is suppose to be executed on January 15, you may want to add him as a person of interest. Your work on this is greatly appreciated.

Ah thank you very much! I didn't find any mention of where it was so I assumed (not good) it was at his house. I'll change that now.

Nicely done, thanks for that easy -on-the-eyes diagram!
This is so excellent. It will be helpful to those who are new to this case. If you read about the Iowa man who is suppose to be executed on January 15, you may want to add him as a person of interest. Your work on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the great feedback and information! I will look up the Iowa man too - I didn't find any mention of him in the articles I have read up to now. Do you happen to know of a good article detailing his possible involvement?

Ah thank you very much! I didn't find any mention of where it was so I assumed (not good) it was at his house. I'll change that now.

Thanks for the great feedback and information! I will look up the Iowa man too - I didn't find any mention of him in the articles I have read up to now. Do you happen to know of a good article detailing his possible involvement?
Just noting that there is a short thread concerning D. Honken.
GUILTY - IA - Three adults, 2 children found in shallow graves, Mason City, 1993 *Killer to be Executed*

Dustin Honken and Angela Johnson timeline • Find Jodi Huisentruit

"This episode discusses some peoples theories that Jodi was investigating a story about drugs and may have gotten mixed up with the wrong people by accident, or trouble came to find her. Also, we focus on Dustin Honken, a Mason City drug kingpin at the time, now serving a life sentence for several murders. (11/2004)"

Just noting that there is a short thread concerning D. Honken.
GUILTY - IA - Three adults, 2 children found in shallow graves, Mason City, 1993 *Killer to be Executed*

Dustin Honken and Angela Johnson timeline • Find Jodi Huisentruit

"This episode discusses some peoples theories that Jodi was investigating a story about drugs and may have gotten mixed up with the wrong people by accident, or trouble came to find her. Also, we focus on Dustin Honken, a Mason City drug kingpin at the time, now serving a life sentence for several murders. (11/2004)"
I'll add any information from the video into my diagram and hopefully post an update later today. Thanks again!

Today's update - I think I've included all (significant in the case) people. Still quite happy with how it's coming along, and I think it's displaying the information nicely.
pk8e8q8ywbz31.png

Still many more details to add - alibis, better reconstruction of events, ect. (more I haven't thought of yet).

Today's update - I think I've included all (significant in the case) people. Still quite happy with how it's coming along, and I think it's displaying the information nicely.
pk8e8q8ywbz31.png

Still many more details to add - alibis, better reconstruction of events, ect. (more I haven't thought of yet).

Looks great- thank you!

This is interesting. Read this link from 2015 and note the statement from MCPD that they never overlook any leads, including psychic leads: Case remains open 20 years after Jodi Huisentruit disappeared - Radio Iowa

And then read the 2016 story of a State representative's experience with real, non-psychic leads that are being ignored by MCPD. Kooiker: Disappearance of Huisentruit remains troubling

And then check this article out that posted this week. Mason City revises psychic ordinance with long history.

If the MCPD would have put as much energy into this case as they are doing undoing a silly psychic ordinance, this case would have been solved by now. And nothing will change until the Media becomes angered by the inaction and starts pressuring MCPD to come clean about how it's handled this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla