GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! What on earth could the defense even say?

"Listen, we know how bad all this looks for our client, and by "all this," we mean the voluminous evidence pointing directly to our client's guilt.

Things aren't always what they seem, though.
So, we're asking you not to look at any of that damning evidence, and focus your collective attention instead on other things in that jury room.

Like the clock on the wall, or Judge Sells' portrait. Whatever catches your eye.

Basically, anything but the evidence is okay for you to look at during deliberations, is what I'm saying.

Better yet, go ahead and close your eyes in that jury room.
It's been a long, tough, exhausting trial.
You guys all deserve a nice nap.

We fully realize the overwhelming number of neon flashing bread crumbs our client left behind him like a homing beacon are hard, and by hard, I mean, completely impossible, to ignore.

But just because something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck and IS, in fact, a duck, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge that it's a duck.

Use your imaginations, people!
Transform that duck into a beautiful unicorn in your minds' eye.

Pretend the unicorn is our client, and then set the unicorn free.
Set It Free.

Look.
At the end of the day, the entire case all boils down to this:

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."
The fact that we didn't actually have our client try on any gloves, notwithstanding.

Now, if you'll excuse us, the defense team members have some Walmart applications we need to submit as soon as court is adjourned. The good news is that they're doing a lot of seasonal hiring, so whichever way you guys decide to go here, we're good."

Wow. Not bad at all, if I do say so.
Looks like I missed my calling.

I should have been a defense attorney.

Last edited:
I would love to chat w/ MaF and see what's really truly going through her mind.
On one hand, I feel some sympathy for a mother having to endure watching your baby be
in such serious trouble and potentially being
sent away for life.
And knowing your own life is about to change also since she probably can't keep up w/ living
on the franch. Surely the animals are all gone
now. And she's apparently all alone out there
in the wilderness. Locals and neighbors may
distance themselves from her after this.
And since none of us really know her, I wonder what she's like? Is she sitting home all alone crying herself to sleep at night? Only to wake up to this continued nightmare?
I wish a local could answer these thoughts.
I almost always take this stance myself in situations like this- we know that one bad apple doesn't spoil the rest of the bunch. I truly realize that it is devastating, humiliating, and very emotional for families of murderers. They're on the bad side of it, the cause and blame, etc.

It's her own actions that cause me in this case, not to have any compassion towards her. Has anyone noticed that no one has ever come forward on her behalf in the media? No friends, former co-workers- no one has said that Patrick came from a great family, come to think of it. There's reasons why, I am sure, that this is the case. One of two of Patrick's friends made it on his hit list. Along with a few other people that were allegedly close to him, including Krystal. I haven't seen anyone say that the mother was a great mother, devoted to her family and friends, loving, caring, kind, generous, nothing. No one has ever stood up for her- here, social media, anywhere.

"Listen, we know how bad all this looks for our client, and by "all this," we mean the voluminous evidence pointing directly to our client's guilt.

Things aren't always what they seem, though.
So, we're asking you not to look at any of that damning evidence, and focus your collective attention instead on other things in that jury room.

Like the clock on the wall, or Judge Sells' portrait. Whatever catches your eye.

Basically, anything but the evidence is okay for you to look at during deliberations, is what I'm saying.

Better yet, go ahead and close your eyes in that jury room.
It's been a long, tough, exhausting trial.
You guys all deserve a nice nap.

We fully realize the overwhelming number of neon flashing bread crumbs our client left behind him like a homing beacon are hard, and by hard, I mean, completely impossible, to ignore.

But just because something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck and IS, in fact, a duck, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge that it's a duck.

Use your imaginations, people!
Transform that duck into a beautiful unicorn in your minds' eye.

Pretend the unicorn is our client, and then set the unicorn free.
Set It Free.

Look.
At the end of the day, the entire case all boils down to this:

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."
The fact that we didn't actually have our client try on any gloves, notwithstanding.

Now, if you'll excuse us, the defense team members have some Walmart applications we need to submit as soon as court is adjourned. The good news is that they're doing a lot of seasonal hiring, so whichever way you guys decide to go here, we're good."

Wow. Not bad at all, if I do say so.
Looks like I missed my calling.

I should have been a defense attorney.

BBM <Just because something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck and IS, in fact, a duck, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge that it's a duck.>
Oh my, this is a bright spot in a very sad trial. Thank you for the laughs!

I have a funny feeling though, that someone, somehow, will be on here to state that that duck is actually a unicorn, with the added comment that there is no proof that it is not actually a cow!

Last edited:
I would love to chat w/ MaF and see what's really truly going through her mind.
On one hand, I feel some sympathy for a mother having to endure watching your baby be
in such serious trouble and potentially being
sent away for life.
And knowing your own life is about to change also since she probably can't keep up w/ living
on the franch. Surely the animals are all gone
now. And she's apparently all alone out there
in the wilderness. Locals and neighbors may
distance themselves from her after this.
And since none of us really know her, I wonder what she's like? Is she sitting home all alone crying herself to sleep at night? Only to wake up to this continued nightmare?
I wish a local could answer these thoughts.

You are a kind and generous soul, quite clearly, which is admirable.

I, on the other hand, feel zero sympathy for this crusty old bint.
  1. She tossed KB out of her house once she learned of her pregnancy. WHO DOES THIS?
  2. She called KB a hooker.
  3. She didn't let CB see her own grandbaby, despite knowing that CB was worried sick over her daughter's disappearance and needed comfort. WHO DOES THIS?
  4. She very likely knew about KB's murder, the fire - and now we learn that she may have known about her son's plot to get rid of witnesses.
I fully acknowledge that I am judgmental and hardhearted for saying that I couldn't care less if she cries at night. If she feels alone. If she loses her franch. If her bilious blockheaded son is sent away for life. In fact, I hope so.

Further, if there is one shred of evidence tying her to Poof's jail-time-hit-list and/or Bentley's bond, I pray that she lands in a concrete cell of her own.

The horses have been taken care of and the elk hunt was successful. Pffft.

Last edited:
I just want to give a big THANK YOU to the mods
for the time they take moderating this thread, as well as others.

.........................:) :) :)
So true, the mods have to do so much! I panicked when the thread was locked this morning, so hopefully we will have positivity and no more shutdowns as we come to the end. I can’t stand missing everyone’s thoughts on the PF trial ... great group here at WS who have made this particular case better than I could have imagined, since it hasn’t been televised. Thanks everyone!

Yeah, the "elk hunt" note plus pleading the 5th really sealed it for me.
I found it incredibly telling that KK was told to text "I'm ready to look at the horses" meaning I'm done here I am ready to meet you.

Then PF ask a John Doe to speak in code to his mother (horses are fed-- meaning to me the horses are taken care of..., the elk hunting was good-- meaning to me these were shot and dead).

Its not a coincidence that these individuals were told to speak code and terms are so much alike.

KK's statement and my moo

Still Missing - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Indeed! Prosecution has the burden of proving PF authored the paper-towel chronicles. And defense clearly believes that burden has been met.

I too look forward to closing arguments. Can’t wait to hear the defense attempt to persuade jurors those hoofbeats aren’t horses but striped, three-legged unicorns. Occam’s Razor be damned!

Looking equally forward to meeting back here after the verdict is in. This is my first WS trial and assuming jurors unanimously find PF guilty, I’m curious if some will think the jury got it wrong. I suspect some might.

Thanks to decorum order, colored pencil bans and curbside circus tent our case knowledge has been limited to second-hand reports on a subset of facts. If anyone continues to believe the real culprit was not PF, I’ll be eager to understand why their conclusion is sounder than that of the jury. The jury—12 people who saw all the exhibits, heard every word of testimony and were able to observe tone/facial expressions/body language, etc.

12 people likely to be heard, polled, thanked, released and home in time for dinner tomorrow.

HaHa. The hit list is further proof. The prolific scribe sat everyday writing,and writing, And .... Right next to his defence team, they know his writing. They got PF Dead to Writes. Literally.
MOO
Ha! I completely forgot that Sam posted on Twitter that Patrick was taking notes throughout the trail. I bet that is what nailed him! Excellent! Glad you brought that up.

There’s no doubt that SF didn’t like Kelsey, as she called her “a hooker,” and kicked her out of the house after learning she was pregnant.

She did intend to plead the Fifth during the preliminary hearing, when DA Dan May tried to call her to the stand.

Pleading the Fifth isn’t a crime, but it does send a strong signal that a crime was committed. I just don’t think the evidence is there that she did do anything criminal. But I absolutely believe she did.

Those letters also seem to indicate some involvement with her son’s efforts to have witnesses killed, and she might be in jeopardy there.
JINX!

*Forgot to add pleading the 5th to my bullet list, though. Dadgummit.

1. She tossed KB out of her house once she learned of her pregnancy. WHO DOES THIS?
  3. She didn't let CB see her own grandbaby, despite knowing that CB was worried sick over her daughter's disappearance and needed comfort. WHO DOES THIS?
  4. She very likely knew about KB's murder, the fire - and now we learn that she may have known about her son't plot to get rid of witnesses.
I fully acknowledge that I am judgmental and hardhearted for saying that I couldn't care less if she cries at night. If she feels alone. If she loses her franch. If her bilious blockheaded son is sent away for life. In fact, I hope so.

Further, if there is one shred of evidence tying her to Poof's jail-time-hit-list and/or Bentley's bond, I pray that she lands in a concrete cell of her own.

Whozzy, I echo every single sentiment you've expressed here in your post.

"WHO DOES THIS?"

"MA! THAT'S WHO."

Furthermore, your avatar is my favorite quip ever.
In fact, I love it so much that I am officially adopting it as my "Life Motto of the Day."

JMO.

I haven't seen anyone say that the mother was a great mother, devoted to her family and friends, loving, caring, kind, generous, nothing. No one has ever stood up for her- here, social media, anywhere.
Snipped for focus
Also it's entirely possible that people who knew either ma F. or PF may have been fearful of them ?
Considering the especially cruel and heinous way Kelsey was murdered -- are there other crimes PF has committed that haven't yet come to light ?

@riolove77 Do you think the defense was planning to actually put one on, and perhaps decided not to after those letters came to light?

Also, do you think the defense is merely going to argue for lesser charges during closing, and not dispute that PF did this?

I can't help but feel for this jury. In addition to the requisite stress, disruption to their own lives and the burden of carrying so many disturbing images in their minds, there's this:

Since Friday's PaperTowelGate, I imagine a similar scene playing out in 12 (plus a couple alternate) households in Teller County...

Several times a day, a family member, out of nowhere, bursts into a fit of incredulous laughter. When asked "What could be so darned funny?" they can only shake their heads and answer "l'll tell you after we reach a unanimous verdict"

JMO

HaHa. The hit list is further proof. The prolific scribe sat everyday writing,and writing, And .... Right next to his defence team, they know his writing. They got PF Dead to Writes. Literally.
MOO

Too bad someone couldn’t have grabbed his notes and said “look, does the handwriting in the letters match the handwriting on these notes?” I know that would be against all court rules, but it would have been hilarious :D

I'm not so sure about her being worried about her other son being in LE.

To be honest, I think she may have expected her other son to lie on the stand. Blood thicker than water and all that happy horse crap. If those letters from PF to Doe were accurate in terms of the call he was supposed to make to her (given both landline and cell phone number), then that tells me she was expecting this to occur. She was to know what the horse and elk comments were in reference to.

To me, her only concern was getting PF out of jail, regardless of whether or not he killed Kelsey.

Her cold demeanor in not allowing the Berreth's to see Baby K speaks volumes to me. She filed for custody after the baby was taken from her and Patrick was in jail.

Krystal didn't feel comfortable enough to ask if she could rest in her home, after a long drive, cleaning up the condo, getting the tote with Kelsey's body in it, and starting a fire with Patrick.

Sorry, but I sincerely doubt that she was worried about her son, the LE officer. If anything, I think she was hoping to use his influence on LE in this case, and is probably not too pleased with her admirable son, who didn't lie on the stand for his brother and was clearly disgusted with him. Then the other day, Doe took the witness stand- that must be upsetting for SF2, and I am sure he is glad that he didn't attempt to cover for his brother. I feel for him, out of them all. I don't recall him ever bashing Kelsey since she went missing. Just the three of them- MaF, Patrick, and his sister.
I sat on the couch Friday reading out loud to my husband the posts as fast as I could. They were coming in at incredible speed.

The tweet about the horse/elk made hubby say..."what? wait a minute? hun go back and find that text from his mistress about horses." I said "NO I'm can't catch up the way it is!" He told me it was important. So I did.

He agreed with your quote: "If those letters from PF to Doe were accurate in terms of the call he was supposed to make to her (given both landline and cell phone number), then that tells me she was expecting this to occur. She was to know what the horse and elk comments were in reference to."

He said: "Uh uh no way was that mother ignorant. She knew everything. She knew to expect phone calls or any communication. She knew to expect those horse/animal terms."

I'm not so sure about her being worried about her other son being in LE.

To be honest, I think she may have expected her other son to lie on the stand. Blood thicker than water and all that happy horse crap. If those letters from PF to Doe were accurate in terms of the call he was supposed to make to her (given both landline and cell phone number), then that tells me she was expecting this to occur. She was to know what the horse and elk comments were in reference to.

To me, her only concern was getting PF out of jail, regardless of whether or not he killed Kelsey.

Her cold demeanor in not allowing the Berreth's to see Baby K speaks volumes to me. She filed for custody after the baby was taken from her and Patrick was in jail.

Krystal didn't feel comfortable enough to ask if she could rest in her home, after a long drive, cleaning up the condo, getting the tote with Kelsey's body in it, and starting a fire with Patrick.

Sorry, but I sincerely doubt that she was worried about her son, the LE officer. If anything, I think she was hoping to use his influence on LE in this case, and is probably not too pleased with her admirable son, who didn't lie on the stand for his brother and was clearly disgusted with him. Then the other day, Doe took the witness stand- that must be upsetting for SF2, and I am sure he is glad that he didn't attempt to cover for his brother. I feel for him, out of them all. I don't recall him ever bashing Kelsey since she went missing. Just the three of them- MaF, Patrick, and his sister.
Definitely possible.

4. She very likely knew about KB's murder, the fire - and now we learn that she may have known about her son's plot to get rid of witnesses.

My guess is possible conspiracy charges might be coming IMO

If court starts promptly tomorrow, I anticipate there could be a verdict tomorrow afternoon ... the very latest Tuesday. I’m sure these jurors, having the entire weekend to think, will come to deliberations with solid questions and comments, ready to move to a quick verdict. I hate to say I’m excited because it’s such a tragic situation, but I can’t wait for the verdict and sentencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.