GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a kind and generous soul, quite clearly, which is admirable.

I, on the other hand, feel zero sympathy for this crusty old bint.
  1. She tossed KB out of her house once she learned of her pregnancy. WHO DOES THIS?
  2. She called KB a hooker.
  3. She didn't let CB see her own grandbaby, despite knowing that CB was worried sick over her daughter's disappearance and needed comfort. WHO DOES THIS?
  4. She very likely knew about KB's murder, the fire - and now we learn that she may have known about her son's plot to get rid of witnesses.
I fully acknowledge that I am judgmental and hardhearted for saying that I couldn't care less if she cries at night. If she feels alone. If she loses her franch. If her bilious blockheaded son is sent away for life. In fact, I hope so.

Further, if there is one shred of evidence tying her to Poof's jail-time-hit-list and/or Bentley's bond, I pray that she lands in a concrete cell of her own.

The horses have been taken care of and the elk hunt was successful. Pffft.
I can't deny many of the things you said. And much of it is probably true. But I still wonder about her. Maybe because she's getting up in age and maybe because she's currently having
family legal fighting over her ex's estate, I still
feel for her, even if she's a mean old coot.
Will she look back at her life with regrets? Oh,
I think so, most mothers do as they age.
It's just such a sad way to have the last chapter of your life be so sordid. And so disappointing.

I’ve been mulling over in my mind the whole chain of events with The Bounty Letters (see what I did there?). And what I’m coming up with is, we are going to hear a lot more about this conspiracy to commit murder. And THERE will be fallout.

Others are weighing in on the bond for Bentley, and who paid it. I myself have been thinking about how PF came by the info he provided to Bentley. Think about this. How did PF get his hands on the current physical addresses of people like Michelle Stein and Gregg Slater?

“In their passed notes, Frazee asked the man to kill witnesses — Kenney, Michelle Stein (Kenney’s friend in Idaho), John Moore (Frazee's friend who previously testified), Wendi Clark (Moore’s significant other) and lead Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater — and described where they live now and what they look like.

In testimony, Slater confirmed the descriptions of each person and their places of residences were all accurate.”

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses

PF is not personally acquainted with either Stein or Slater. So how did he get their addresses? Bentley gave no testimony that indicated he helped with that, or got someone on the outside to help. PF doesn’t have access to the Internet, right? I doubt he has anyone visiting him other than his legal team and his mother. So I think there are three possibilities:
  1. He had access to documents belonging to his defense team which listed the addresses of witnesses. I find this unlikely but still possible. If it happened this way, how incredibly stupid for the defense team to ever have that information out where the accused could see it. But, it would help explain why the defense did not object to authenticity of the letters, if they figured out that PF took the address information from their own files.
  2. PF got SF to look up the addresses (or find someone else to do it) and get them to him.
  3. PF got Bentley to ask one of his visitors such as his girlfriend to look up the info. I just don’t think this is how it happened. I think it would have come out in Bentley’s testimony.
So in my mind, he had to have gotten that info from one of those two sources, right? And there would HAVE to be ramifications. Either his attorneys would have to answer to the judge and possibly the Bar for making that info accessible knowingly or unknowingly, or else SF would be prosecuted for getting that info and passing it to an accused murderer when there would be no doubt why he would ask for that info.

Do jails not inspect papers that pass from visitors to inmates? How easy would it be for SF to slip a note to PF? I think it is unlikely that the attorneys would be responsible, so ultimately I’m thinking this MUST be SF. And how do you let something like that go and not prosecute?

I just think we haven’t heard the last about these letters. Not by a long shot. Am I off track here?
Bam!!!
Bam!!!

Too bad someone couldn’t have grabbed his notes and said “look, does the handwriting in the letters match the handwriting on these notes?” I know that would be against all court rules, but it would have been hilarious :D
Well that's attorney client privlege terroritory I believe, but still they can't really challenge it,because I'm sure there would other samples of his writing presented. They know they would match.
MOO

"Listen, we know how bad all this looks for our client, and by "all this," we mean the voluminous evidence pointing directly to our client's guilt.

Things aren't always what they seem, though.
So, we're asking you not to look at any of that damning evidence, and focus your collective attention instead on other things in that jury room.

Like the clock on the wall, or Judge Sells' portrait. Whatever catches your eye.

Basically, anything but the evidence is okay for you to look at during deliberations, is what I'm saying.

Better yet, go ahead and close your eyes in that jury room.
It's been a long, tough, exhausting trial.
You guys all deserve a nice nap.

We fully realize the overwhelming number of neon flashing bread crumbs our client left behind him like a homing beacon are hard, and by hard, I mean, completely impossible, to ignore.

But just because something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck and IS, in fact, a duck, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge that it's a duck.

Use your imaginations, people!
Transform that duck into a beautiful unicorn in your minds' eye.

Pretend the unicorn is our client, and then set the unicorn free.
Set It Free.

Look.
At the end of the day, the entire case all boils down to this:

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."
The fact that we didn't actually have our client try on any gloves, notwithstanding.

Now, if you'll excuse us, the defense team members have some Walmart applications we need to submit as soon as court is adjourned. The good news is that they're doing a lot of seasonal hiring, so whichever way you guys decide to go here, we're good."

Wow. Not bad at all, if I do say so.
Looks like I missed my calling.

I should have been a defense attorney.
:D:D:D

I can't deny many of the things you said. And much of it is probably true. But I still wonder about her. Maybe because she's getting up in age and maybe because she's currently having
family legal fighting over her ex's estate, I still
feel for her, even if she's a mean old coot.
Will she look back at her life with regrets? Oh,
I think so, most mothers do as they age.
It's just such a sad way to have the last chapter of your life be so sordid. And so disappointing.

Again, your post is evidence of your magnanimous heart.

The only thing I truly wonder about Maw is along the lines of how could she? How dare she?

IMO, she is as dead and remorseless inside as is her son. And maybe her daughter.

I think she regrets that PF was caught, but not that he killed someone. Not that he turned out to be a pyscho/sociopath.

I think Ma is sorry about losing.

Admittedly, what do I really know of her? Not much.

But I've seen enough to make me discount any curiosity about her thoughts or feelings.

I feel nothing but contempt for her.

Honestly, I'm glad you're here to balance the animosity I'm spitting at her. Because I'm generating a whole lot of it.

Snipped for focus
Also it's entirely possible that people who knew either ma F. or PF may have been fearful of them ?
Considering the especially cruel and heinous way Kelsey was murdered -- are there other crimes PF has committed that haven't yet come to light ?
Well I suppose we can glean from it that they weren't reputable characters to begin with, long before Kelsey came into the picture. :eek:

I got behind. I don't actually understand sf's participation. I need to do more research about that JDoe code/ptowel/elk hunting thing, and her pleading the 5th. I thought someone said that pleading the 5th was just something they overheard from the judge but she didn't do. My poor brain! I got busy and behind on the discussion.
Anywho, what I meant earlier about her son being a murderer, is that it doesn't necessarily mean she's a villain too because she also has an LE son. So we can't have it both ways.
And her saying 'I love you' to pf is typical of mothers who have sons who kill. I think she's known he's off for a very long time.
Well, I'll probably get caught up after Monday at this rate. :)

I’ve been mulling over in my mind the whole chain of events with The Bounty Letters (see what I did there?). And what I’m coming up with is, we are going to hear a lot more about this conspiracy to commit murder. And THERE will be fallout.

Others are weighing in on the bond for Bentley, and who paid it. I myself have been thinking about how PF came by the info he provided to Bentley. Think about this. How did PF get his hands on the current physical addresses of people like Michelle Stein and Gregg Slater?

“In their passed notes, Frazee asked the man to kill witnesses — Kenney, Michelle Stein (Kenney’s friend in Idaho), John Moore (Frazee's friend who previously testified), Wendi Clark (Moore’s significant other) and lead Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater — and described where they live now and what they look like.

In testimony, Slater confirmed the descriptions of each person and their places of residences were all accurate.”

PF is not personally acquainted with either Stein or Slater. So how did he get their addresses? Bentley gave no testimony that indicated he helped with that, or got someone on the outside to help. PF doesn’t have access to the Internet, right? I doubt he has anyone visiting him other than his legal team and his mother. So I think there are three possibilities:
  1. He had access to documents belonging to his defense team which listed the addresses of witnesses. I find this unlikely but still possible. If it happened this way, how incredibly stupid for the defense team to ever have that information out where the accused could see it. But, it would help explain why the defense did not object to authenticity of the letters, if they figured out that PF took the address information from their own files.
  2. PF got SF to look up the addresses (or find someone else to do it) and get them to him.
  3. PF got Bentley to ask one of his visitors such as his girlfriend to look up the info. I just don’t think this is how it happened. I think it would have come out in Bentley’s testimony.
So in my mind, he had to have gotten that info from one of those two sources, right? And there would HAVE to be ramifications. Either his attorneys would have to answer to the judge and possibly the Bar for making that info accessible knowingly or unknowingly, or else SF would be prosecuted for getting that info and passing it to an accused murderer when there would be no doubt why he would ask for that info.

Do jails not inspect papers that pass from visitors to inmates? How easy would it be for SF to slip a note to PF? I think it is unlikely that the attorneys would be responsible, so ultimately I’m thinking this MUST be SF. And how do you let something like that go and not prosecute?

I just think we haven’t heard the last about these letters. Not by a long shot. Am I off track here?
I don't think you are off track. I mean, isn't law enforcement under an obligation to investigate further? I would think the people on the hit list would demand it.

"Listen, we know how bad all this looks for our client, and by "all this," we mean the voluminous evidence pointing directly to our client's guilt.

Things aren't always what they seem, though.
So, we're asking you not to look at any of that damning evidence, and focus your collective attention instead on other things in that jury room.

Like the clock on the wall, or Judge Sells' portrait. Whatever catches your eye.

Basically, anything but the evidence is okay for you to look at during deliberations, is what I'm saying.

Better yet, go ahead and close your eyes in that jury room.
It's been a long, tough, exhausting trial.
You guys all deserve a nice nap.

We fully realize the overwhelming number of neon flashing bread crumbs our client left behind him like a homing beacon are hard, and by hard, I mean, completely impossible, to ignore.

But just because something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck and IS, in fact, a duck, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge that it's a duck.

Use your imaginations, people!
Transform that duck into a beautiful unicorn in your minds' eye.

Pretend the unicorn is our client, and then set the unicorn free.
Set It Free.

Look.
At the end of the day, the entire case all boils down to this:

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."
The fact that we didn't actually have our client try on any gloves, notwithstanding.

Now, if you'll excuse us, the defense team members have some Walmart applications we need to submit as soon as court is adjourned. The good news is that they're doing a lot of seasonal hiring, so whichever way you guys decide to go here, we're good."

Wow. Not bad at all, if I do say so.
Looks like I missed my calling.

I should have been a defense attorney.
You win post of the day!

I don't think you are off track. I mean, isn't law enforcement under an obligation to investigate further? I would think the people on the hit list would demand it.
Especially when you consider that they were going to prosecute KK for being an accessory after the fact, until she reached a plea deal. They can’t very well do that on the one hand but then on the other hand do nothing at all if the suspect’s mother becomes an accessory BEFORE the fact of an attempt to murder case witnesses.

First -- I think you're forgetting that PF is not the typical defendant and by that I mean a defendant on trial for murder that actually communicated his desire to have the witnesses in his murder trial wacked!

You can't make this stuff up....

And if that was not enough, PF went on to share his interest to make the witnesses disappear in writing with a fellow inmate with gang connections.

Seriously, how many hometown inmates actually solicit murder from their jail cells!

As for PF's defense lawyers -- they are not stupid, and this is not on them for discipline from the bar. They followed the law.

A defendant is entitled to his case file as the charges are against him and that includes the complete names of both the prosecution and defense witnesses. Withholding any of his case files without a written order would be a violation of the defendant's constitutional right of due process (14th Amendment).

I recall there was only one motion of this sort in the very beginning when PF's defense lawyers were prohibited from sharing the arrest warrant affidavit which was sealed (although his lawyer's could see it).

To DA Dan May's credit -- he did write in a motion filed by his office Dec. 21 that disclosing the affidavit to PF posed a serious risk of jeopardizing the ongoing investigation and the safety of potential witnesses. bbm

Prosecutors and defense attorneys argued over the affidavit’s release at a hearing before the Judge late January.

From what I recall, the potential witness pages in the arrest affidavit were also redacted or deleted from public view prior to release.

I think that much of the shock here about the jailhouse solicitation is that reasonable action was in-fact taken and PF still surprised everybody.

I'm more curious about how inmate JD was able to get the napkin letters out of jail. Did he pass them to his own lawyer during consults or did he smuggle them outside upon his release or earlier. That's what I'd like to know.

MOO

Withholding Patrick Frazee arrest warrant affidavit violates rights, expert says

Last edited:
I sat on the couch Friday reading out loud to my husband the posts as fast as I could. They were coming in at incredible speed.

The tweet about the horse/elk made hubby say..."what? wait a minute? hun go back and find that text from his mistress about horses." I said "NO I'm can't catch up the way it is!" He told me it was important. So I did.

He agreed with your quote: "If those letters from PF to Doe were accurate in terms of the call he was supposed to make to her (given both landline and cell phone number), then that tells me she was expecting this to occur. She was to know what the horse and elk comments were in reference to."

He said: "Uh uh no way was that mother ignorant. She knew everything. She knew to expect phone calls or any communication. She knew to expect those horse/animal terms."
Thank your hubby for me for taking an interest in the case. My hubby is just too disgusted by Patrick and members of his family to even follow anymore, but told me to let him know the verdict.

In my heart, she's known all along, and she's approved of this. Just my opinion. What makes me wonder about her thought process being a bit skewed here, is that she doesn't appear to be afraid of her own son, even after the evil that he has done. What does that tell you all?

Much as I love my own son, if he did all of those evil things, I would not want him out of jail. It sure would be hell on earth for me, if my son was responsible for murdering a lovely young lady, but then plotting others deaths as well? I wouldn't want him out.

Makes you wonder how much, if at all, she's involved in all of these hits that he wanted performed. At what cost, would she go to, to help that occur, if Doe hadn't turned witness instead of carrying out all those hits, whether alone or with other people?

How deep does this go, and for how long? Are we to believe that Kelsey was his first violent episode, especially after seeing how he treats animals, calling the poor dogs *advertiser censored* in a mean manner? Has this happened before, is there any other victims of his that isn't known just yet?

All these secret code words and sentences- those aren't new. We know that from Krystal. I have a hinky feeling that mother and son had those code sentences already planned before he went to jail, just in case he was arrested. There's more than what meets the eye here.

I am disgusted for all of those who he wanted to put a hit on- most especially, Kelsey's Mom. Sick jerk. If his mother was down with this hit list, then she needs to be arrested and locked away permanently as well.

Sorry, but I sincerely doubt that she was worried about her son, the LE officer. If anything, I think she was hoping to use his influence on LE in this case, and is probably not too pleased with her admirable son, who didn't lie on the stand for his brother and was clearly disgusted with him. Then the other day, Doe took the witness stand- that must be upsetting for SF2, and I am sure he is glad that he didn't attempt to cover for his brother. I feel for him, out of them all. I don't recall him ever bashing Kelsey since she went missing. Just the three of them- MaF, Patrick, and his sister.

Snipped for focus. Me too. Can you imagine growing up with those vipers? It doesn't surprise me at all that he became a LE officer. The "second family" of the force and the structure and atmosphere of literal law-and-order must have been a relief for him after all the narcissism, depravity, and dysfunction he grew up around. I see why that appealed to him. He mentioned that he hadn't been close to PF in several years before all this. I get the sense he was trying to build a stable, sane life and family away from crazy town on the Franch. And then all this. Poor guy.

No. I think the jury will reach a verdict in the afternoon. Morning will be eaten up with closing arguments and jury instruction.
Colorado court rules and procedures require the Judge to read the complete jury instructions to the jurors.

There are several charges against PF and between closing arguments and these instructions, I'm not seeing a verdict before Tuesday.

MOO

You are a kind and generous soul, quite clearly, which is admirable.

I, on the other hand, feel zero sympathy for this crusty old bint.
  1. She tossed KB out of her house once she learned of her pregnancy. WHO DOES THIS?
  2. She called KB a hooker.
  3. She didn't let CB see her own grandbaby, despite knowing that CB was worried sick over her daughter's disappearance and needed comfort. WHO DOES THIS?
  4. She very likely knew about KB's murder, the fire - and now we learn that she may have known about her son's plot to get rid of witnesses.
I fully acknowledge that I am judgmental and hardhearted for saying that I couldn't care less if she cries at night. If she feels alone. If she loses her franch. If her bilious blockheaded son is sent away for life. In fact, I hope so.

Further, if there is one shred of evidence tying her to Poof's jail-time-hit-list and/or Bentley's bond, I pray that she lands in a concrete cell of her own.

The horses have been taken care of and the elk hunt was successful. Pffft.
Oh my....yes spot on.

Now add:
* SF wanted to take away the baby from CB by fighting for custody.
* SF was fighting her own daughter for said custody.
* SF didn't hand out any missing persons flyers, let alone help in making them.
* SF refused to go to the candlelight vigil.
* SF refused to go and take part in the press conference.
* SF looks like she refused to allow KK nap inside her home, let alone eat pizza in the home.
* Her NOR any family member went to the birthday party in Oct at KB's home. (other than PF)
* There is nothing indicating that SF offered to go to KK's and figure out what happened. CB had asked PF to do this and he told her he couldn't because he had to tend to cattle.
* CB and her son took Uber from the airport to KB's home. Sure would have been kind if someone would have been there to pick them up --somebody who actually cared about KB.

I (we) could go on an on....

We are told we reap what we sow, SF is reaping and will continue to reap what she has sown.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members