AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, FlossyMay. I’m praying whatever happens on his show, it brings people that will help, instead of driving everyone away.
He’ll be supportive. He isn’t going to drive away a whole part of his viewing audience by reinforcing negative stereotypes. Further, he may offer to get her some “life skills” support to give her a better chance at success in life; maybe some vocational training as a start.

amateur opinion and speculation

He’ll be supportive. He isn’t going to drive away a whole part of his viewing audience by reinforcing negative stereotypes. Further, he may offer to get her some “life skills” support to give her a better chance at success in life; maybe some vocational training as a start.

amateur opinion and speculation
I hope you’re right, Roses. I’m just nervous about it after seeing how this is being handled.

I don't see Dulce's name mentioned on Dr. Phil's weekly episodes line-up. The Nov. 21st episode is written as:

Terrorized by Technology: Held Hostage by Our Smart Homes

IN THE NEWS

Brooklyn, Arjun, and Andy all say they had the terrifying experience of having their smart home camera systems hacked: Brooklyn had complete strangers talking to her 8-year-old daughter, and Arjun’s smart thermostat was raised to 90 degrees while his 7-month-old son was asleep. In a surprising twist, also meet Hank, who hacked Andy’s system. Learn why he says he did it, and get a chance to see this scary situation from a hacker’s point of view. Then, cybersecurity expert and “the world’s most famous hacker” Kevin Mitnick demonstrates some methods hackers use to access sensitive information, and gives valuable tips to keep yourself safe in the cyberworld.

2019-11-16 to 2019-11-22

I just noticed this too while trying to find more info about the Dr. Phil episode. I wonder why?

I don't see Dulce's name mentioned on Dr. Phil's weekly episodes line-up. The Nov. 21st episode is written as:

IN THE NEWS

Brooklyn, Arjun, and Andy all say they had the terrifying experience of having their smart home camera systems hacked: Brooklyn had complete strangers talking to her 8-year-old daughter, and Arjun’s smart thermostat was raised to 90 degrees while his 7-month-old son was asleep. In a surprising twist, also meet Hank, who hacked Andy’s system. Learn why he says he did it, and get a chance to see this scary situation from a hacker’s point of view. Then, cybersecurity expert and “the world’s most famous hacker” Kevin Mitnick demonstrates some methods hackers use to access sensitive information, and gives valuable tips to keep yourself safe in the cyberworld.

2019-11-16 to 2019-11-22
:confused::confused: Add this to the list of odd things happening here!!!

I couldn’t even finish it :confused: This is such a damn mess! They really need a translator & an experienced spokesperson:mad: MOO
Just a thought, I am not being argumentative in any way...
Perhaps they (family, friends, community) don't feel they need a translator. Perhaps the majority of them understand what is being said and written. I may be way off on the purpose of a vigil, but it seems like a deeply personal, sad, shared experience for those close to this child (or any missing family member). I periodically pop in here to see if this little one has been found. I do think LE can be trusted and they are doing what they can with what they know, and I could care less what is being said at her vigil. What's important is that there IS a vigil if that gives some comfort to those that care for the child.

IN THE NEWS

2019-11-16 to 2019-11-22
Maybe Noema's segment is tentative based on whether or not Dulce is found by the 21st. Or it may be slated for part of the show.

Perhaps they (family, friends, community) don't feel they need a translator. Perhaps the majority of them understand what is being said and written. I may be way off on the purpose of a vigil, but it seems like a deeply personal, sad, shared experience for those close to this child (or any missing family member). I periodically pop in here to see if this little one has been found. I do think LE can be trusted and they are doing what they can with what they know, and I could care less what is being said at her vigil. What's important is that there IS a vigil if that gives some comfort to those that care for the child.
Didn’t take it as you were, we’re all here for Dulce.
I agree, I just mean that they really need to have the ability to reach the public & surrounding communities with clear messages & pleas. The current spokesperson is not helping with that IMHO

JMO
I would attend a vigil held at a park, school or church.

Was the purpose of the vigil to show support for the family and pray with them? Or to raise awareness of Dulce’s disappearance?

The community might not feel comfortable driving to an unknown person’s house after dark.

I am beyond disgusted about how Dulce’s case had been handled. Come on LE step it up! Let me know this isn’t a racist or poor people’s problem.Cause that’s sure what it feels like! It seems you have a predator on your hands. Own it.
I agree. It’s been a mess; starting with the 911 operator. MOO

(Jackie) Rodriguez believes fear in the community has resulted in an unwillingness to talk and a lack of awareness.
“(The family) doesn’t have their papers,” Rodriguez said. “They’re not legal here. They’re scared. They’re not the only ones that are scared. There are many out there in the city of Bridgeton that feel the same way. I feel like a lot of people are afraid to speak because of that problem.”
Family of Dulce Maria Alavez says fresh search coming with divers, dogs
There seems to be a lack of urgency by the community and LE in this case; like I’ve never seen before. MOO
What I find extremely troubling is, the sick pedofiles out there will sure know what areas to target. The seemingly apathetic attitude surrounding this case infuriates me. MOO

You may be very on point. Everything is very accommodating here. When I worked out there, it was so difficult sometimes to have so many people calling on the phone and I could not speak it and could only maybe understand a word or 2. On the phone you can't make gestures to help get what you're saying across. Also there are plenty of businesses that the staff exclusively speak spanish so more gesturing.
It was sloppily translated to English because of how dominant spanish speaking is. As a plea to the community, truly what mattered was getting across to the people.

I keep forgetting to hear the slightest bit of if LE is still heavily working on it as much as the family was upset about.

Best friends fiance is an officer.

I have to say that watching this vigil play out was one of the saddest things I've seen in a good long while on so many levels.

WHERE IS LE and the PROSECUTOR?

It appears that LE and the Prosecutor have simply vanished into thin air and I hope this is not the case?

Is anyone tweeting or contacting on FB the Gov. of NJ or the AG who IMO created the mess on the issue of non documented people in the first place?

Missing cases are tough for LE and this case has been challenging from the get go IMO due to the community issues in place, but I find it hard to believe that LE has zero and that the family aren't getting support from the Prosecutors office to hold a simple vigil on public property so that others can attend?

Is there someone from the Prosecutors Office that is tasked to be a Family Liaison person and to assist with issues such as posting flyers and vigils? The idea that the Family was allegedly told that they needed a permit or lights turned on etc. is IMO nuts given the overall situation that is going on.

IMO the Family need help and IDK if the Prosecutors Office or some other agent within the City of Bridgeton can assist here but this is honestly heartbreaking to watch as the local government seems absolutely tone deaf to the community issues that are playing out in front of their eyes? Perhaps there is a religious organisation in town that can assist the family? IDK, grasping for ideas here but it seems like the family needs help and guidance.

MOO

And where the heck is Noema’s boyfriend, she’s pregnant with his child (7 months?) and needs him standing by her side, providing emotional support, being there with her at searches and vigils.
I haven't seen him in any of the pictures posted by the Press for weeks.

Does anyone know if he is still around or was he deported by ICE?

Or, is he being held in ICE detention?

How is Noema financially surviving? Has the City offered any assistance financially?

SBM for focus, and BBM.

I am glad that the FBI will be focusing on water searches. I have always felt that if Dulce is no longer alive, that is the most likely nearby location for her remains. I just hope we are not dealing with a disposal at sea, in which case the chance of recovering her is slim.

I find the clergy's unwillingness to participate in a vigil heartbreaking. One particular pastor not being available is understandable - but NONE of those in town or nearby? It reinforces the sense that there is something truly unusual or "off" that is causing people to stay at arms' length. And I feel that as long as Websleuthers don't know what that is, we're missing a huge part of the story. I just hope the police and FBI are far more in the loop about the dynamic surrounding this family and community than we are.

I am thinking of going to the vigil, to attempt to show some outside support for the search for this little one. It will depend on the weather (my asthma has been terrible lately). But Dulce María deserves to be found, to be remembered and valued by humanity, regardless of the unfathomable currents swirling around the town of Bridgeton and her family. If I get there I definitely will report back here.

bbm
I hope you will be (were) able to go, @janewall. If I were her mother or other relative, it would make me feel good to know that a number of outsiders (you and your fellow WS'ers) care about little Dulce.
I did not understand why clergy was/is reluctant to be there to support this little girl and her family when I read the article initially, and I still don't understand. Why/how could anyone refuse? (And yes, there must be "something" strange about it.) I would think Dulce's family would need a clergy person there for support, hope and comfort.
Thinking positive thoughts for you and for Dulce's family.

Last edited:
I can’t tell you how many times I have face palmed myself while reading here & saying WT??? I could care less if Dulce’s family is here legally or not SMDH That stuff needs to be put on the back burner! I get LE is concerned. I get the community being concerned, but people need to really drive it home that it does NOT MATTER RIGHT NOW! Call me crazy, but KIDS COME FIRST! MOO
Living in a community with constant ICE raids, it is sadly understandable. Not liked, but sadly what some people fear every waking moment.

Are there gang problems, fear of LE, customs or ICE, problems with people in the neighborhood, or previous problems with molesters or kidnappers in the neighborhood, etc., etc., that might make neighbors or friends afraid to volunteer information? We see it everywhere. Neighborhood folks can be very protective of each other -- we see it often. Have outsiders scared or threatened family members or their friends, etc.? It could be anything or nothing that makes this case appear so tough.
ICE came in immediately and detained Moms boyfriend. I’d say that is a huge disconnect from the community.

Police released a sketch of a man they want to speak with in connection with the case. Cumberland County prosecutor’s office officials say it’s a composite sketch of a man who they say was reportedly seen in the park around the time when the girl went missing. Officials said he was reportedly with one or two children under the age of five.

Officials said they are not referring to the man as a suspect or person of interest.
5-year-old NJ girl has now been missing for more than two months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members