GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but feel for this jury. In addition to the requisite stress, disruption to their own lives and the burden of carrying so many disturbing images in their minds, there's this:

Since Friday's PaperTowelGate, I imagine a similar scene playing out in 12 (plus a couple alternate) households in Teller County...

Several times a day, a family member, out of nowhere, bursts into a fit of incredulous laughter. When asked "What could be so darned funny?" they can only shake their heads and answer "l'll tell you after we reach a unanimous verdict"

JMO
Love this!

All the jurors may be holding their aching sides Monday and no one involved in the trial will have to ask why!

He's a great guy, a wonderful father, that even took his daughter to work whenever he could.
He is a family man, a man of God, that stayed on the ranch to take care of his disabled mother, and had his own business which helped local ranchers. And he volunteered to help save the burros. And he cannot fathom why all of this is happening to him now
..... or some nonsense like ^^^^that. :rolleyes:

They will also probably 'remind' the jury that the surveillance cams from the neighbour does NOT pick up everything. And it is quite possible that other people were coming and going from that apartment.

And of course hit home the fact that the body was never actually found, for sure.

I don't think that will actually be enough though. His own words, that he said to many others, will do him in. His many lies and his phone texts will nail his coffin shut, imo.
Patrick identifies as a human being, you must acquit.

Here! Here!
I feel the same, whoizzit, and please know I missed your wit.

Your avatar is the best and I just shared it with a cancer support group I lead. It will really speak to them.
OT:
Luckily, I was able to still enjoy yours!

I hope the avie gives them a smile while also assuring them that on tough days, 'some' is more than enough!

Here's another fave they might like.

Attachments

• IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Again, your post is evidence of your magnanimous heart.

The only thing I truly wonder about Maw is along the lines of how could she? How dare she?

IMO, she is as dead and remorseless inside as is her son. And maybe her daughter.

I think she regrets that PF was caught, but not that he killed someone. Not that he turned out to be a pyscho/sociopath.

I think Ma is sorry about losing.

Admittedly, what do I really know of her? Not much.

But I've seen enough to make me discount any curiosity about her thoughts or feelings.

I feel nothing but contempt for her.

Honestly, I'm glad you're here to balance the animosity I'm spitting at her. Because I'm generating a whole lot of it.

Yes. That compassion helps keep me in check.

To be honest, I don't think the witnesses are as shocked as the rest of us.

After PF was arrested last December, Dan May's office actually sealed the arrest warrant affidavit and filed a motion to prohibit PF's defense attorney's from sharing the content of the affidavit with PF.

Not only did the Prosecutor want to protect the case information and ongoing investigation, but the DA also wanted to protect any witnesses from possible retaliation by PF.

I think they've been looking over their shoulders from the beginning. We can't forget that PF solicited KK to murder KB three times without skipping a beat.

MOO

Even though we know the Paper Towel Tales were only brought to the DA last week, I wonder if audiotapes of conversations between Patrick and Ma F were shared with the court early on.

The fact that she was possibly giving addresses at Patrick's request could have inspired keeping everything sealed.

This may also explain why everything happened so fast in this case.

When has a murder case (especially one without a body) been wrapped up in less than a year?!

He said that PF was late for Thanksgiving dinner, arriving at 5:00, and that he parked on the side of the house which was unusual for him. (he had the tote with Kekseys body in the truck)
He also said PF prepared dinner in the kitchen for himself and the baby and spent most of the time outside doing "chores."

Best of all, he gave PF a look of disgust as he walked out of the courtroom.

Imo

Good for him.

I'm not sure; I just don't understand why they won't say ANYTHING at all. I get that they are not required to, but in a trial with this much at stake, at least get up and make a case that matches up to what you promised in your opening. Instead they choose to rest with the damning paper towel chronicles as the last thing the jury hears. Obviously doesn't matter, given the rest of the evidence likely sealed the deal prior to that anyway, but you sent home a jury after that??? Insane.

I do think that they will argue in closing for manslaughter. They'll say that even IF it happened, it was a heat of the moment situation during a custody exchange on Thanksgiving Day and it wasn't planned; she was going to bake something and bring it to dinner, then we were gonna get a tree, this wasn't supposed to happen. I don't think it'll work. But I do think they'll try and say the prosecution hasn't met a BRD burden for murder 1 in that mere chatter about wanting to kill her months prior doesn't equal premeditation. That is what their reach will be I think. I could be way off though. What do I know? I'm a prosecutor haha.

If you were defense who would you have put on as a witness and for what purpose?

Also thank you so much again for sharing your expertise as a prosecutor. You uniquely know more than any of us about how this all works.

He's a great guy, a wonderful father, that even took his daughter to work whenever he could.
He is a family man, a man of God, that stayed on the ranch to take care of his disabled mother, and had his own business which helped local ranchers. And he volunteered to help save the burros. And he cannot fathom why all of this is happening to him now
..... or some nonsense like ^^^^that. :rolleyes:

They will also probably 'remind' the jury that the surveillance cams from the neighbour does NOT pick up everything. And it is quite possible that other people were coming and going from that apartment.

And of course hit home the fact that the body was never actually found, for sure.

I don't think that will actually be enough though. His own words, that he said to many others, will do him in. His many lies and his phone texts will nail his coffin shut, imo.
Sooo many lies. Just a few off the top of my head that could be instantly quashed - he told so many people so many different lies about KB. He told Longmire, the case worker, that he was the sole bread winner and didn’t mention KB’s employment at Doss. He told Slagle that KB was on the verge of being terminated by her employer. Even though everyone at Doss testified under oath what a great employee she was. He told Longmire about a series of texts and calls with KB from Thanksgiving evening through Saturday - even though phone records show none of these phone exchanges, not even fake ones from KB's phone, ever took place.

He told random people that he had figured out a way to kill her. He went around after killing KB trying to collect video of himself. He tried to get a prison gang to kill an entire list of people, including an FBI agent, and wrote it down.

No wonder the defense has barely said anything at all.

I need a Sam fix tonight.

I was just watching some old YouTube videos that Sam had on his channel which had drone footage from when the CBI and LE were (with KKL?) at the franch.

We heard testimony that she had on an FBI uniform when she was at the condo, so I was looking to see if I could see her in that drone video with all the people walking around at the franch.

Sam is up to 14,000 viewers on his live feed Friday, I wonder how many he's going to get on Monday after the verdict.. nice Resume Builder for him and I'm happy for him as he's done a great job covering this case.

ETA corrected the views of his Facebook feed and it was 14,000 right now

Oh yeah, that would rattle just about anyone.

I have no concerns about this guy ever pulling anything like that off, but that’s not a lot of comfort to these poor people.
Sickening thought--what if he approached others who haven't come forward, and who have major screws loose. Someone who might think this is something they'd like to do. This has to have occurred to the people on his "hit list," and law enforcement.

@riolove77, how could his attys argue for manslaughter if he won't produce the body? I know you said "even IF it happened", but it seems bizarre to even hint it should be less than 1st Deg Murder if he won't produce the body. It would seem he would have to stick with "What?? Who me??" that he had nothing to do with anything...or give up where the body is.

But we have him soliciting KK: premed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member