GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Her friend had a more genuine reaction and concern for Dan than she did.
I agree the friend had a true spontaneous reaction of shock, and utter disbelief.
She wasn’t really asking many questions...….But it just seems she was more worried about the wrong things.
Not only is she not asking questions; she is not listening. He has to explain to her several times at different integrals Danny is not going to make it.

The questions she does ask are telling. How did he get to the hospital? She wants to know if he is functioning and able to report the get away car. Asking who would do this without all the other standard questions is off, most people would assume a random act of violence: interrupted burglary or road rage. She can't disguise her hatred for him and she already knows the who and why.
She gave so much unnecessary information. I don’t know if that was nerves or what. If that was me and my ex was shot, I wouldn’t be giggling and offering up receipts.
I was appalled by the inappropriateness throughout especially when her friend arrived. Even under these circumstances they could not take a break from the I hate Danny club. I can see telling the detective that DM could be perceived as having an abrasive personality (it might aid the investigation) but my god her whole interview is peppered with little jabs aimed at him. She nicknamed him Jibbers well I am christening her Jabbers.

ETA: I also think she is trying very hard to appear helpful and transparent but did not take into account how unnormal it is not to ask the basics

Last edited:
I agree the friend had a true spontaneous reaction of shock, and utter disbelief.

Not only is she not asking questions; she is not listening. He has to explain to her several times at different integrals Danny is not going to make it.

The questions she does ask are telling. How did he get to the hospital? She wants to know if he is functioning and able to report the get away car. Asking who would do this without all the other standard questions is off, most people would assume a random act of violence: interrupted burglary or road rage. She can't disguise her hatred for him and she already knows the who and why.

I was appalled by the inappropriateness throughout especially when her friend arrived. Even under these circumstances they could not take a break from the I hate Danny club. I can see telling the detective that DM could be perceived as having an abrasive personality (it might aid the investigation) but my god her whole interview is peppered with little jabs aimed at him. She nicknamed him Jibbers well I am christening her Jabbers.

ETA: I also think she is trying very hard to appear helpful and transparent but did not take into account how unnormal it is not to ask the basics

Well said. People who seethe with perceived injustice and who are prone to hate never seem able to turn that tap off -- I have some colleagues of that type (ah, academia) and they are incapable of standing aside even when those they hate are clearly vulnerable or in danger.

She may or may not have known it would happen, but she absolutely knew it HAD happened, and still couldn't help herself. Deeply odd behaviour, and I wouldn't hire her to plunge my loo, even if I thought she could do it properly.

FWIW, I suspect she knew that CA's boast about the hitman was more than a boast, and the family kept her just far enough away from it that she had plausible deniability.

In 2018, Wendi Adelson was apparently employed by billionaire Fernandez’s group, the IMPAC Fund, mounting a “… successful public relations assault on a proposed state ballot measure aimed at cracking down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants.” (Marc Caputo, 2018, Politico dot com)

As a response to her employment question, Wendi Adelson said during her “witness stand” that she is a lawyer without disclosing for whom she works with/for. Where is Wendi Adelson employed now? Who are the people, such as billionaire Fernandez, hiring/working with her?

The answers follow:

“IMMIGRANT CHILD DEFENSE CORP has been set up 8/15/2019 in state FL. The current status of the business is Active. The IMMIGRANT CHILD DEFENSE CORP principal address is 100 MERIDIAN AVENUE, APT 244, MIAMI BEACH, 33139. Company number N19000008876. Company Type Domestic Non Profit

IMMIGRANT CHILD DEFENSE CORP Principals:

Nelson Hincapie Vice President, President Hincapie Nelson Address 601 NW 1ST CT #10, MIAMI, FL, 33136

Alan Abramowitz Vice President, President Abramowitz Alan Address 600 S. CALHOUN STREET, TALLAHASSEE, FL, 32301

David Lawrence Vice President, President Lawrence David Address 3250 SW THIRD AVENUE, MIAMI BEACH, FL, 33129

Registered Agent ADELSON WENDI J (p) Address 100 MERIDIAN AVENUE, MIAMI BEACH, FL, 33139”

(florida dot intercreditreport dot com)

I wonder, are these apparently important people aware of the allegations against Wendi Adelson and/or her family members? Do these people care about their own repute from potential negative effect/result of their association with her while these terrible allegations are not sorted out?
I think it is funny her apartment being used as the registration address (I sleuthed this a while back and was able to see the listing and match items from some Adelson online photos). Seems if she was such an important part of the organization she would have an office. Maybe I am foolish, it would be a pretty sweet deal to work from home.

I also enjoy the fact that in the Miami Herald article announcing the FUND, Charlie is mentioned. HA HA people are aware. They will always be tainted with this stink. Suspect. The billionaire must have received some backlash as he did realease a statement about the "scandal" which brought even more attention to her and the A's.

SO many employers use the internet as a tool now for background information on potential candidates and how awkward to say in an interview, oh by the way my family is being investigated for the murder of my ex. Thanks for your consideration.

snipped bolded from Miami Hearald

"Fernandez has hired immigration attorney Wendi Adelson as the fund’s executive director. Adelson is a former Florida State University immigration law professor who also directed FSU’s Human Rights and Immigration Law Project. Her brother has been investigated, but not charged, in connection with a criminal investigation into the high-profile murder of her ex-husband, the late FSU law professor Daniel Markel. Adelson herself has not been accused of wrongdoing."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article149797499.html#storylink=cpy
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article149797499.html
snipped bolded
In an email to supporters of IMPAC, which stands for the Immigration Partnership and Coalition, Fernandez never used the word “murder” or named Markel, and instead described the “loss of her former husband and young sons' father in July of 2014.”

Adelson “appropriately disclosed the terrible circumstances to us prior to her appointment as our Executive Director, and we made inquires that confirmed her lack of involvement,” he wrote. “We express our support of her as she navigates the impacts of this loss and media interest in the case. She continues to be a dedicated mother and leader of the IMPAC Fund despite these challenges.

“As prosecutors and investigators have concluded, Wendi had nothing to do with this tragic event,” Fernandez wrote.
Billionaire immigration crusader: Employee innocent in murder-for-hire plot

Last edited:
Well said. People who seethe with perceived injustice and who are prone to hate never seem able to turn that tap off -- I have some colleagues of that type (ah, academia) and they are incapable of standing aside even when those they hate are clearly vulnerable or in danger.

She may or may not have known it would happen, but she absolutely knew it HAD happened, and still couldn't help herself. Deeply odd behaviour, and I wouldn't hire her to plunge my loo, even if I thought she could do it properly.

FWIW, I suspect she knew that CA's boast about the hitman was more than a boast, and the family kept her just far enough away from it that she had plausible deniability.
:):Dhahaha plunge my loo Great one!
She was up in Miami quit3 a bit before the murder for CA's b'day and separately for her father's from what I gather for weeks at a time.

IMO that is when the plan was hatched whether she thought it would actually happen still unsure but strongly leaning she knew and was in on it, since it happened she certainly did not discourage it enough. I would tell my brother stop "joking" about my EX.

rsbm

I was totally appalled by that as well. Her friend did have a much more normal reaction (an audible gasp instead of a whiny "oh my god!"), but she (the friend) was even more nasty about Danny than Wendi was I thought, which was so very inappropriate, especially from a social worker! She had to reiterate everything Wendi said. If Wendi said Danny was abrasive, the friend chimed in with "VERY abrasive." Not necessary when a man is dying.

I did think Wendi had a genuine reaction when organ donation was mentioned by the cop. Like that's when it really hit home that he was definitely going to be dead.

I wonder why the investigators didn't bring up "Jibbers" at all during these 5 hours. They had her phone for a while and asked her about a lot of the numbers. Unless she had changed it back to "Dan" so that they would not see that.

I think it is funny her apartment being used as the registration address (I sleuthed this a while back and was able to see the listing and match items from some Adelson online photos). Seems if she was such an important part of the organization she would have an office. Maybe I am foolish, it would be a pretty sweet deal to work from home.

I also enjoy the fact that in the Miami Herald article announcing the FUND, Charlie is mentioned. HA HA people are aware. They will always be tainted with this stink. Suspect. The billionaire must have received some backlash as he did realease a statement about the "scandal" which brought even more attention to her and the A's.

SO many employers use the internet as a tool now for background information on potential candidates and how awkward to say in an interview, oh by the way my family is being investigated for the murder of my ex. Thanks for your consideration.

snipped bolded from Miami Hearald

"Fernandez has hired immigration attorney Wendi Adelson as the fund’s executive director. Adelson is a former Florida State University immigration law professor who also directed FSU’s Human Rights and Immigration Law Project. Her brother has been investigated, but not charged, in connection with a criminal investigation into the high-profile murder of her ex-husband, the late FSU law professor Daniel Markel. Adelson herself has not been accused of wrongdoing."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article149797499.html#storylink=cpy
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article149797499.html
snipped bolded
In an email to supporters of IMPAC, which stands for the Immigration Partnership and Coalition, Fernandez never used the word “murder” or named Markel, and instead described the “loss of her former husband and young sons' father in July of 2014.”

Adelson “appropriately disclosed the terrible circumstances to us prior to her appointment as our Executive Director, and we made inquires that confirmed her lack of involvement,” he wrote. “We express our support of her as she navigates the impacts of this loss and media interest in the case. She continues to be a dedicated mother and leader of the IMPAC Fund despite these challenges.

“As prosecutors and investigators have concluded, Wendi had nothing to do with this tragic event,” Fernandez wrote.
Billionaire immigration crusader: Employee innocent in murder-for-hire plot

Thankfully everyone has access to the Internet and lots of people are nosey to go form their own opinions about Wendi's innocent or guilt.

rsbm

I was totally appalled by that as well. Her friend did have a much more normal reaction (an audible gasp instead of a whiny "oh my god!"), but she (the friend) was even more nasty about Danny than Wendi was I thought, which was so very inappropriate, especially from a social worker! She had to reiterate everything Wendi said. If Wendi said Danny was abrasive, the friend chimed in with "VERY abrasive." Not necessary when a man is dying.

I did think Wendi had a genuine reaction when organ donation was mentioned by the cop. Like that's when it really hit home that he was definitely going to be dead.

I wonder why the investigators didn't bring up "Jibbers" at all during these 5 hours. They had her phone for a while and asked her about a lot of the numbers. Unless she had changed it back to "Dan" so that they would not see that.
Agree the enormity of what they have done is hitting her. Some emotions seem real.

SUCH CONCEIT in that interview as well, all her theories involve HER

She brings up her stupid book several times as well. Seems to be trying to impress the young advocate. The young advocate did not hear her first reference to the book but WA manages back into the conversation when discussing Lacassee. I did not look this when you saw my lecture. Brings up her FSU position a little too much for my liking...gag
Loved when the detective pointed out she wears colored contacts.

I thought she was trying to charm him and impress the advocate.

Did anyone catch the little blip when Isom said her lunch was last minute and she said how do you know that? I think she choose to go as a further alibi and have a reason to be on the road to check out the crime scene.

I would love to know what ISOM thought of that interview.

Last edited:
rsbm
The funny thing is WA is the common denominator in each relationship, who is really the big bad wolf? Perhaps Wendi!
Both men are reacting to her actions, funny how she has had two emotionally abusive relationships back to back. What are the odds.

Lacassee with the cheating, he feels betrayed, but he has become a stalker! Typical type that flips the situation and blames the other party for their own bad actions.

DM is heart broken. He thinks they are making progress with the counseling. The deposition are a means to punish her, lash out at her but again a reaction to her immaturity and unwillingness to discuss things maturely.

She is a drama queen. She accuses DM of disparaging her in the workplace creating a hostile environment but she has done the exact same thing.

It is normal to discuss your relationship with your friends but damn she must have laid it on pretty thick, she had the woman thinking she was called into the police station as DM has assaulted her. AND I might add WA seemed pretty pleased by this. She also implies everyone is contacting her because they are concerned something has happened to her at the hands of DM.

ETA: I think the timing is telling. Like MentourL pointed out the next big depo was regarding the fraud, the hiding of her funds.
Also I think she was shocked DM had actually gotten over her. He was moving on.

Last edited:
Oh no look at the new motions for discovery. Hope this helps the case. Could be some nutter out there inserting themselves into the case. There is a nut on Facebook making claims. Correspondence coming in AFTER trial. I wish we could see the content of these.

Anoymous Letter
several Emails titled the Real Dan Markel Murder

Attachments

• anoymous_Letter.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 57
  • emailtherealdmmurder_11_5_2019.pdf
    22.4 KB · Views: 30
  • emailtherealdmmurder_11_7_2019.pdf
    22.4 KB · Views: 23
  • emailtherealdmmurder_11_7_2019_additional response.pdf
    22.8 KB · Views: 17
Did anyone catch the little blip when Isom said her lunch was last minute and she said how do you know that? I think she choose to go as a further alibi and have a reason to be on the road to check out the crime scene.

I would love to know what ISOM thought of that interview.

I'd really like to know how he knew she was at the restaurant!

Oh no look at the new motions for discovery. Hope this helps the case. Could be some nutter out there inserting themselves into the case. There is a nut on Facebook making claims. Correspondence coming in AFTER trial. I wish we could see the content of these.

Anoymous Letter

Hmmmmm, wonder what this is about!

I'd really like to know how he knew she was at the restaurant!

Me too. You could not find anyone that quickly in Houston. I wonder if they were concerned for her and the children's whereabouts. It sounded like they knew the children were OK as they told her at the restaurant. How did they know that? I would not tell a mother that unless I knew for sure. They also thought they were still married.

I think she was caught off guard by everything happening so quickly. She underestimated the abilities of TPD. It was very impressive. NONE of them thought this would ever be linked to South Florida.

Hmmmmm, wonder what this is about!
Most likely some nut. I HATE that.

But it would be wonderful if it was something GOOD. Highly doubtful. I think anyone with good intentions surely would come forward before trial. BUT fantasy thinking, maybe they are so pissed by the outcome they came forward.

search world for harmony facebook or the real markel murderers

His wording is similar. NUTSO

Anoymous Letter

I wonder if its about this post on the Justice for Dan FB page. A certifiable level 25 whack-a-doo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 8.11.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 8.11.52 PM.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 80
I wonder if its about this post on the Justice for Dan FB page. A certifiable level 25 whack-a-doo.
YEP that's the facebook nut. It is probably him his wording is the same. He pops up here and there. People have told him to contact LE. Nothing better to do....freak

ETA: in one post he claims to have been kidnapped o_O:eek:

Maybe the neighbor who found Dan and called 911 told the cops at the scene about Dan's apparent next of kin -- Wendi. They may have then called Wendi and learned she was at the restaurant and met her there.
ALSO Dan's friend on the phone could have had mutual friends that knew her location.....from what WA said it was a standing weekly lunch she had not attended in awhile.

Maybe the neighbor who found Dan and called 911 told the cops at the scene about Dan's apparent next of kin -- Wendi. They may have then called Wendi and learned she was at the restaurant and met her there.

But she asked them in the interview how they knew where she was. She was surprised to see them there at the restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288