MO - Anand, 41, & Kourtney Torres, 29, found deceased at home, Lake Ozark, 10 Nov 2019

from Authorities identify Lake Ozark, Mo. couple found dead inside home

Deputies called in for a welfare check Sunday found their bodies inside.
. . .
"We need to interview witnesses and try to put the investigation together," Twitchel said. "We need to chase the evidence and make sure everything is being investigated properly."
. . .

Gattermeir said the work Anand and Kourtney did - being role models for so many local kids - makes this a tough loss for the whole community.
. . .

"Think about the number of kids that they both have touched. It's just devastating," Gattermeir said. "They both are very deep routed here and big, wonderful families that are going to be struggling."
Anand and Kourtney Torres leave behind three children. The sheriff's office says all three are safe with relatives.

Weird nothing from family in that initial article...

Does anyone know why they would wait until today to do the autopsies?

Puzzling story. Are people leaning towards homicide or murder/suicide? These two seemed like good people with a large footprint in their community.

It is odd that each of their obituaries mentions very little about their marriage and relationship to each other. Does make me wonder about murder/suicide.

It is odd that each of their obituaries mentions very little about their marriage and relationship to each other. Does make me wonder about murder/suicide.

I thought both obituaries mentioned their marriage and blended family at least as much, if not more, than the average obituary. Their services are also being held jointly. I would think if family for either side suspected murder/suicide, they wouldn’t want joint services, but people do strange things when someone they love dies.

I do wonder if maybe they ingested some illegal substance. While I can see one person dying in their sleep, when there is two, it's a unicorn for them both to die by natural causes. I do wonder if their kids were home. If not, maybe carbon monoxide. Strange, strange case

I thought both obituaries mentioned their marriage and blended family at least as much, if not more, than the average obituary. Their services are also being held jointly. I would think if family for either side suspected murder/suicide, they wouldn’t want joint services, but people do strange things when someone they love dies.

True. But, it just seems odd that they would have two separate obits if they were being honored together. It just feels odd to me. If my spouse and I died at the same time, I would imagine our families would combine everything. I wonder if we will ever know what happened.

True. But, it just seems odd that they would have two separate obits if they were being honored together. It just feels odd to me. If my spouse and I died at the same time, I would imagine our families would combine everything. I wonder if we will ever know what happened.

I think with blended families, some things are just more complicated. I face this reality regularly, since my husband is divorced with kids, but this is my first marriage and I dont have any kids. Everyday little things that “in tact” families (I hate that term, but just trying to keep it simple) don’t even think about can be tricky for blended families. Them having separate obituaries isn’t odd to me at all. Especially since they had only been married for a few years.

Toxicology can take a while. We didn’t get my brothers autopsy results for months. I hope their results come in quicker, for the family’s sake. The wait was excruciating for my mom.
I'm sorry for the suffering your family has gone through, bears10. I'm remembering that the toxicology on my neighbor took about 6-8 weeks and it was a suspected (and clarified after toxicology) suicide.

I have Kourtney's obit still open on one of my tabs so I remember to check for news. So far, nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back