GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lll

this getup is a total insult to my man Steve and his dog Blue

This is especially hilarious to me as I’m currently at home watching the new reboot with my daughter.

(We have Josh now, lol)

On topic-

$3-4K a day for court transcripts is a fortune for us regular folk, but I’m sure it’s pennies for the media, especially if they pooled their resources.

I do wish we could listen to closing statements! DA May’s last nail in the coffin for PF!

Agree. Audio would be nice. Still don't understand the strict rules?
Me neither. One baby killer, CW, accepts a plea deal, sentenced to life in prison WP several times over. Yet much of the discovery is released a few days later when there wasn't even a trial.

This creep has a trial, yet it's all hidden, and all we have are reporters' interpretations of what is going on.
So the FOIA or whatever they used in the Watts case doesn't work, for Frazee, even after the trial?

Last edited:
This is especially hilarious to me as I’m currently at home watching the new reboot with my daughter.

(We have Josh now, lol)

On topic-

$3-4K a day for court transcripts is a fortune for us regular folk, but I’m sure it’s pennies for the media, especially if they pooled their resources.

I do wish we could listen to closing statements! DA May’s last nail in the coffin for PF!

There was a case here on WS where the media and WS actually shared the cost of getting documents, the Teresa Seivers case. But that was done before trial when the media still was getting information out and could do clicks on it due to Florida Sunshine laws.

For this case, it would be an expense that they may not get the information for weeks later, and by then, interest would have waned for the main audience especially if it was competing with information contained in the expected evidence document dump which doesn't require transcription.

MOO

(We have Josh now, lol)

On topic-

Me too, dang it! The State may be summarizing the bombshells as we speak (aka closing statement, lol). :p MOO

I missed that. Is there a link?
Also, why wouldn't (or didn't) they want to talk to him?
I think it was the other way around. Once he realized he called the wrong number, he wouldn't tell them anything and hung up.
They probably figured it out anyway. All they had to do was ask PF.

Imo

BBM
Do you know what case it is?
Also, didn't he go to PF's defense team first, before going to the prosecution?
I don't. I'm thinking it's not related to PF, but nothing known about that Weld County case.
Yes, he did call PF's defense team first. This report used the word accidentally.

Bentley first spoke to the Fourth Judicial District Attorney’s Office over the weekend, and said he tried to approach them sooner but on cross-examination he admitted he accidentally called Frazee’s public defenders initially and refused to speak with him.

Link: Inmate: Kelsey Berreth murder suspect had asked for help murdering Krystal Lee before trial

Relevant Sam notes from the FB live that night:

John Doe actually met Stiegerwald when he bonded out of county jail in October 2019.

Doe apparently looked up the attorneys on the Frazee case. Called Stiegerwald. They talked for two minutes. Stiegerwald said Doe didn’t want to talk to him, even though he called him. Stiegerwald asked if he knew anything about this case, that he would like to know. And Doe said no.

Stiegerwald points out that Doe has another subpoena in Weld County, for a person he was incarcerated with that is facing charges for trying to get someone killed.

Prosecution asked Doe about the Weld County case, and Doe says he’s actually testifying on behalf of the defendant, not the prosecution.

“He would pass me notes if his information was too sensitive,” the man said, according to ABC News.

Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater read several of the alleged notes that had been recovered in court.

“I’d really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head,” read one. "No video, no weapon, no body, no forensics."

Frazee allegedly wanted the inmate to eliminate at least 10 people, including Kenney’s parents, her ex-husband, his friend Joe Moore who testified last week about damaging conversations that pair had after Berreth’s 2018 disappearance and Slater himself, NBC News reports.

"They all need to disappear or be unseen until at least Nov. 22 until after the trial," Slater testified that one of the alleged notes, which were written on paper towels and napkins, read.
Patrick Frazee Tried To Arrange For Key Witnesses To ‘Disappear’ Before Trial, According To Inmate's Explosive Testimony

I was wondering about this last night. I know the prosecution has to turn over information to the defense but it's the prosecution that is putting on the case and the defense tries to refute what they present.
Yes, there is no reason why the defense would not have wanted to know what information Doe had and every reason why he did NOT want them to know.
He hung up as soon as he realized he called the wrong number, if I remember correctly.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member