GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutor shows last picture of #KelseyBerreth alive -- one at a Safeway. "This is not consistent with someone who's suicidal. It's consistent with someone who believes she has a future. A future with the man who is about to kill her."
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee

And prosecutor Beth Reed showed a photo of #PatrickFrazee's truck after he apparently leaves #KelseyBerreth's house on Thanksgiving Day last year. The box, Reed says, is in a different position.
@csgazette

"Because #KelseyBerreth is in that box. Her beaten and battered body is in that box. And he's going to take it to his house, where he keeps it in the back of the truck while he eats Thanksgiving dinner with his family," prosecutor says.

Prosecutor Beth Reed sought to bolster the testimony of her star witness, Krystal Lee, who was #PatrickFrazee's mistress. Lee endured an aggressive cross-examination from Frazee's defense team that hit on her credibility and motivations for testifying.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

"Everything Krystal Lee said, testified to and told you about on the stand, is corroborated by all the the other physical evidence, and evidence this case," said prosecutor Beth Reed.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
BBM

POWERFUL. This gave me goosebumps. MOO

Oh my, this is heartbreaking all over again, hearing the emotional description of what PF did to KB and how he took her in that tote and then actually ate Thanksgiving dinner with his family and KB’s little girl ... it sounds like the prosecution has given a concise and heartfelt account of that awful day. Of course, I expected nothing less from this great team ...

I really liked how they put his own words out there for the jury... no body no crime.. she's never coming back... masterful IMO
I was a little surprised DA May didn't handle the closing - but it sounds like she did a great job and since the jury is 7/5 (women/men) it could be a shrewd move IMO
Sounds like they still have 30 mins of their allotted time left. Maybe May will go up again after defense?

Ashley Franco on Twitter
The prosecution just finished up their closing arguments. Beth Reed with the DA’s office delivered the argument, stating “everything the defendant said contradicts the evidence.” @KKTV11News #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
10:04 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Jennifer Kovaleski on Twitter
Prosecutors in #PatrickFrazee’s murder trial deliver closing arguments. Attorney spends about an hour laying out timeline & evidence, ends w/ “the evidence compels you to one verdict and one verdict only and that is the defendant is guilty of 1st-degree murder...” @DenverChannel
10:05 AM - 18 Nov 2019 from Colorado, USA
media updated

Prosecutor shows last picture of #KelseyBerreth alive -- one at a Safeway. "This is not consistent with someone who's suicidal. It's consistent with someone who believes she has a future. A future with the man who is about to kill her."

And prosecutor Beth Reed showed a photo of #PatrickFrazee's truck after he apparently leaves #KelseyBerreth's house on Thanksgiving Day last year. The box, Reed says, is in a different position.
@csgazette

"Because #KelseyBerreth is in that box. Her beaten and battered body is in that box. And he's going to take it to his house, where he keeps it in the back of the truck while he eats Thanksgiving dinner with his family," prosecutor says.

Prosecutor Beth Reed sought to bolster the testimony of her star witness, Krystal Lee, who was #PatrickFrazee's mistress. Lee endured an aggressive cross-examination from Frazee's defense team that hit on her credibility and motivations for testifying.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

"Everything Krystal Lee said, testified to and told you about on the stand, is corroborated by all the the other physical evidence, and evidence this case," said prosecutor Beth Reed.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
media updated

Can someone explain to me why there are TWO charges of 1st degree murder?

I'd like him to get two lifetime sentences. In solitary. Just him and a bat. And paper towels. So he can clean up his own mess.

MOO

I'd like him to get two lifetime sentences. In solitary. Just him and a bat. And paper towels. So he can clean up his own mess.

MOO
Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May said he filed two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation against Frazee.

He said two first-degree murder charges were filed under separate theories of how the alleged murder may have taken place.

“Obviously, there’s only one murder in this case,” May said. “Under Colorado law, we file separate counts under different theories of first-degree murder. We filed under two theories: One is deliberation for murder. And the other is felony murder.”

One of the murder charges alleges that Frazee caused Berreth's death with the intent to do so. The other count alleges that Frazee, and possibly others, committed a robbery or attempted to do so, and that Berreth was killed in that incident, according to court documents.

Frazee formally charged in missing Woodland mom case

“Second degree murder does not apply in this case,” Reed said. “There is nothing about this case that screams degree murder. Everything is premeditated. Everything is deliberated. Do not check that box on your verdict.”

Reed also backs up Krystal Lee’s character, trying to prove to jurors she is someone who they can trust.

“She didn’t have to come forward at all, but when she did come forward she told us everything,” Reed said. “Including the things that subject her to criminal prosecution.” Reed continued by saying everything Kenny said can be backed up by evidence. “Everything the defendant said is contradicted by the evidence.”
Prosecution rests after closing statements in Patrick Frazee trial

MOO
One murder charge is an aggravator -- PF killed KB during a robbery (phone, purse, keys, etc) which counts as an additional murder charge.

I'm sure i missed some tweets to the media thread - but wanted to have them posted for those that can only stop in briefly and check. I thought she did a great job based on what I'm reading regarding the tweets - but wondering if she stressed the brutality of the crime with the baby right next door???

If this wasn’t so horrible it would be laughable.

He really thought he was the man. FGS. He blabbed to everyone and their mothers about his plans pre and post murder. What an imbecile (moo)

...yet again, MOO, he is hoisted by his own petard. and...
giphy.gif

PF’s petard must be plumb worn out with all that hoisting.

Another vote for guilty, 1st degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member