The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)
I also enjoyed Victoria with Jenna Coleman, but I’ve fallen a full season behind and I’m not sure if they’re continuing with it or when.

I haven't seen that either. I hardly ever get enough free time to sit and watch anything but I'm going to make the effort now my baby is getting a bit older. I love Jenna Coleman, she's a fantastic actress.

I can't believe how very convincing Claire Foy and Matt Smith are, I feel like I'm actually watching Elizabeth and Phillip! It's going to be strange getting to series 3 and watching Olivia Coleman and Tobias Menzies, although Tobias is my favourite actor so I can't wait to see what he is like as Phillip.

I wonder if Fergie encouraged PA to do the interview....
Hoping PH and MM take a long good look on what they need to do in the next 6 weeks...

I feel bad for the Queen!
Anything Sarah Ferguson says or does has to be reviewed knowing she is living in a Royal palace, a Swiss chalet, and numberous other luxe properties on the largess of Prince Andrew.

Anything Sarah Ferguson says or does has to be reviewed knowing she is living in a Royal palace, a Swiss chalet, and numberous other luxe properties on the largess of Prince Andrew.
But according reports, PA did not go through the proper chain of command for this interview...… nothing surprises me anymore

But according reports, PA did not go through the proper chain of command for this interview...… nothing surprises me anymore

BBM : It doesn't appear that many of them do anymore. It seems to be a bit of a free for all at the moment and it's not a good look.

No disrespect to the Queen but you have to wonder how much she can really deal with in her advanced years. My husband's grandmother is the same age as her and she has trouble understanding things that were quite simple to her just a few short years ago.

I don't think it's possible that HM would ever step aside but I do wonder whether it would be a good idea for Charles and/or William to take on more of a caretaker role and give her at least a few years rest in the twilight of her life.

Don't mean to be negative here, but to me this gown is just slightly "off". Especially love the black (velvet?) trim, the shape of the neckline and the whole shape/line of it, but the main fabric to my eye looks a little... lingerie-ish.

I just find most of her attire things that I would "like to love", but it doesn't quite get there. Here is a similar "lace effect" dress, if that's what you'd call it, which I think is just....better. This is Queen Max, who is just stunning when she gets it right! If this photo, in my opinion she got it right, and more. (See thumbnail.) I do think black lace can be a challenge, to keep it from looking like lingerie.

21167768-7698843-image-a-54_1574102061487.jpg

Attachments

• another photo of q maximas beautiful red dress.jpg
    another photo of q maximas beautiful red dress.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Any thoughts here on succession? Like when and who? From what I can tell, HM is fairly frail these days, but still sharp and with excellent energy for her age. She's never given any indication of stepping down and so, couldn't this go on for a few more years? If it goes on for five or six, PC would be getting up towards 80 upon coronation! I think that is when many monarchs consider abdicating these days, ala Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, who abdicated at 75 years of age.

This is a strange time for monarchies, where the whole concept goes against the grain of the egalitarian spirit of the day, and the fact that people live SO long! Pretty soon we'll be coronating kings and queens at....90?

BBM : It doesn't appear that many of them do anymore. It seems to be a bit of a free for all at the moment and it's not a good look.

No disrespect to the Queen but you have to wonder how much she can really deal with in her advanced years. My husband's grandmother is the same age as her and she has trouble understanding things that were quite simple to her just a few short years ago.

I don't think it's possible that HM would ever step aside but I do wonder whether it would be a good idea for Charles and/or William to take on more of a caretaker role and give her at least a few years rest in the twilight of her life.

AllyBee, I hadn't read this before I posted regarding succession! I see we're thinking alike. Yes, she is advanced in age, and I've read somewhere that she had an assistant who was very central to the operations inside the RF, but has left in the past year. Those two items may be why it seems like things are a bit out of control lately.

Also, maybe part of it is that there isn't the same strict adherence to protocols, etiquette, hierarchy, etc. any more. I've read that those things have really relaxed over the years. Either way, I sort of see a real conflict between the more "visible", Sussexes (who both seem to be extroverted and gregarious) and the Cambridges, who will be the ruling monarch and wife-of, and who both are more introverted. Without those strict protocols, I can see a hard row to hoe ahead, or at least some choppy water.

Don't mean to be negative here, but to me this gown is just slightly "off". Especially love the black (velvet?) trim, the shape of the neckline and the whole shape/line of it, but the main fabric to my eye looks a little... lingerie-ish.

I just find most of her attire things that I would "like to love", but it doesn't quite get there. Here is a similar "lace effect" dress, if that's what you'd call it, which I think is just....better. This is Queen Max, who is just stunning when she gets it right! If this photo, in my opinion she got it right, and more. (See thumbnail.) I do think black lace can be a challenge, to keep it from looking like lingerie.

21167768-7698843-image-a-54_1574102061487.jpg

Agree. Maybe a black on charcoal? Where the lace is hinted at? Like the lace on her arms. The fit and movement are great.

Love her earrings.

Any thoughts here on succession? Like when and who? From what I can tell, HM is fairly frail these days, but still sharp and with excellent energy for her age. She's never given any indication of stepping down and so, couldn't this go on for a few more years? If it goes on for five or six, PC would be getting up towards 80 upon coronation! I think that is when many monarchs consider abdicating these days, ala Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, who abdicated at 75 years of age.

This is a strange time for monarchies, where the whole concept goes against the grain of the egalitarian spirit of the day, and the fact that people live SO long! Pretty soon we'll be coronating kings and queens at....90?
Prince Charles has been waiting All His Life to become King.

I don't see any way he won't assume the throne, assuming he is in fairly good health.

I think William will become King when he is middle aged.

Could Prince Charles cast his brother into the Windsor wilderness? Heir to the throne has long wanted to streamline the monarchy. As Prince Andrew's interview plunges the Royal Family into crisis, RICHARD KAY asks if now is the time to act
  • Prince Charles' royal trip to New Zealand overshadowed by the BBC interview
  • Charles has made no secret of a slimmed down monarchy when he takes throne
  • For ten years up until 2011, Andrew's official role was as trade envoy to Britain
RICHARD KAY asks if now is the time for Prince Charles' plan of streamlined monarchy? | Daily Mail Online

Looks like Charles would like nothing more than a monarchy lite...

Good for him.

Andrew needs to fade out. What was conspicuously absent from the interview was any sympathy for the slew of victims in Epstein’s case. That’s very arrogant.

I’m sure the Queen may feel that a denial on public record may have been a good idea? You know, the people will see he’s so sincere? But I think the Queen is one of the very few people who actually like Andrew... as she may be finding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam