GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, that the murder didn't take place at the townhome. What happened to that? :rolleyes: MOO

can they actually claim things in their opening arguments that they know cannot be corroborated? If so, they did a whole bunch of that and it was terribly misleading. Is there some sort of fine or reprimand that can be used when attorneys do this?

Noooo Way -- can't believe they pulled on the sympathy of deceased father that PF had no relationship with! Don't forget how many "father figures" PF had including RS and JM

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Referring to the jail notes, Stiegerwald says that’s “proof of (Frazee) being an idiot. Not proof of him doing anything.” He says he’s dealing with a lot, including the death of his father and sibling battle for his father’s assets. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

10:31 AM - 18 Nov 2019
JM whom he tried to kill (along with his partner, for her money apparently) no less.

hmm wonder which picture of him entering the condo it is? a specific one or do they just want to make sure he was there? of course, if a bat was revealed in the photo(s) the prosecution would have said that. Did KK testify about the bat?

JMO

previous TOTAL=36 Votes for 1st Degree Murder
Guilty in the first degree.

If you’re still counting, I vote first degree murder. Totally premeditated.

1st degree murder.

Guilty 1st degree

I'm 15 pages behind! Need to catch up before the tweets start!

PF’s petard must be plumb worn out with all that hoisting.

Another vote for guilty, 1st degree.

I'm behind, but add me in. Guilty, 1st degree.

Guilty on all counts is my vote. MOO

Also, so curious what the defense will say. It sounds like the prosecution closing was pointed and perfect!

NEW TOTAL= 43 VOTES for 1st Degree Murder

bbm
@gitana1
Would this be a reason for a mistrial or appeal?

Have you seen the my client is an idiot defense before?

I realize that's all they got, but really....

Moo..

No. Not at all. It’s true. The notes were authenticated as in his handwriting. And the defense failed to challenge that.

can they actually claim things in their opening arguments that they know cannot be corroborated? If so, they did a whole bunch of that and it was terribly misleading. Is there some sort of fine or reprimand that can be used when attorneys do this?
Yes, but I don't think it's good strategy. The jurors expect to hear those things during testimony and when they don't (assuming they were paying close attention), they realize they've been led down the garden path, so to speak. No fines AFAIK. MOO

Even just the little pieces we have heard show the public defenders are filing all the appropriate motions, argued to have the felony murder/robbery charge dropped, argued for lesser charges, etc. It seems like they are making all the appropriate arguments. The judge listens -- then makes his ruling, not in their favor. But it doesn't mean they didn't try. I fully agree with you - I don't think the public defenders are incompetent -- just that their idiot client has given them almost nothing to work with.

It would be too stupid to kill her on Thanksgiving and not the night before in the middle of nowhere.... but we agree, our client is stupid.

Also, who knows maybe that was his plan to kill her the night before if not for his stomach issues...

Wow! Good catch and smart thought!

Clayton Sandell

The jury, now in deliberations, asked to see the security camera image of #PatrickFrazee leaving #KelseyBerreth's condo, per
@CarolAMcKinley

The jurors just asked to see the photo of #PatrickFrazee entering #KelseyBerreth’s condo on Nov. 22, 2018. Prosecutors said he was hiding a baseball bat in a sweatshirt, the defense says he didn’t have anything in his hand.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
One tweet says asked to see camera image of him leaving, the other says entering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member