MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you or anyone else show me any evidence from MSM or LE sources that Ada has a history of drug use? She is 47 years old. She should have had multiple past arrests for drugs if she has struggled with it. Not many people decide to start experimenting with drugs all of the sudden at her age. Mental breaks can happen but, again, that's something that usually is not out of the blue at age 47. There would be warning signs with most mental illnesses. Her sister said she didn't have any mental health issues. MOO.
Although I appreciate your post, I'm 9 years clean from oxycontin and have a husband who died of an overdose of the same 10 years ago. I have NO drug related arrests. Sometimes we just fly under the radar so to speak.
*Had a husband

Thanks FangDelGato for sharing and challenging the incorrect assumption that there would be drugs all over the cabin if Adrienne was involved or experimented with them. Sorry for your loss. Keep up the good fight its so heart warming to finally hear a success story from these killer drugs out there legally now. How about free oxycodine at locations with the antidote on site? Other than that...............population control is obvious.

Her sister didn't mention this in the podcast, but why did Ada and the boyfriend need two cars for the trek up north? Why didn't they drive up together? Was there always a plan that Lundy would leave earlier with the supplies? How many more days was Adrienne planning to stay at the cabin alone? I don't understand why they needed two cars to do some repairs and close up the cabin for the winter. Were they on the road to Honor at the same time? Gas, wear & tear on two vehicles for an 8-hour round trip? Yet another peculiarity in this strange case...

Last edited:
Although I appreciate your post, I'm 9 years clean from oxycontin and have a husband who died of an overdose of the same 10 years ago. I have NO drug related arrests. Sometimes we just fly under the radar so to speak.
*Had a husband
I'm sorry for your loss. My late husband (20 years ago) was bipolar and abused drugs and alcohol, yet he had no criminal arrests related to drugs. What's on the surface may not be what's going on, in so many cases. When he finally "checked out" which he threatened to do (or kill me) the entire community couldn't believe it as they all thought he was just the greatest guy. I had the healing broken bones to prove otherwise. This poor woman may have had things in her life that no one really realized.

JMO
To me, I’m imagining Adrienne as somewho enjoys the outdoors, comfortable carrying a gun and using it. Intelligent, perhaps not easily panicked? Seeing the cougar earlier, heard noises, she went to the highest elevation to scan the surroundings.
I’m thinking she has been on the roof many times before looking at stars and observing wildlife.
It was not unusual for her to be on the roof, looking for and recording wildlife.

I keep going back to the "LE found the cabin was locked up", aspect of this case.

OK, if I'm a SHTF situation and someone is breaking into where I am at, I will wait until I have a clear line-of-sight towards the perps, before opening fire. I'd wait until they're breaking in or just inside the abode.

JMO

Kind of hard to wait for a clear shot when it was pitch black outside. Seems she was shooting at noises. I agree with you though, I would have made sure to save a couple of shots. Just sit in a corner and wait for them to come in, then blast away.

Bottom line though is that there is no evidence to suggest that anyone was actually there. She could have heard noises, but that could easily have been animals. She was panicked, blasting away aimlessly. When she runs out of ammo, her only option is to go to the roof where she can jump and run if someone enters the house. That is where the logic ends. Either someone caught up with her at that point or she hightailed it in to the wilderness.

So which option makes no sense? If she was going in to the woods, why did she leave the two items she needed most on the roof? Why hasn't she been found? Why couldn't the dogs track her?

If she was indeed taken, it makes sense that the boots and phone would be left there. The gun was on the ground below, possibly she drooped it after jumping down? But you have to ask yourself, if you were there to abduct her, would you continue with her shooting at you? There is no return of fire, so they were either unarmed or they didn't want to harm her. At some point she ran out of ammo, but how would the bad guys know that? Would you confront an armed person with only the assumption that her gun was empty? Even so, if they were watching through the window and saw her run out of ammo, how would they get in? No broken windows or locks. So the only possible scenario would be that she crawled on to the roof and the bad guys grabbed her there.

I suppose if somebody like the boyfriend knew about the weapons in the cabin, and was aware how many rounds were in that gun, they could create a situation where they knew she would fire. Count the shots then go get her. Of course you think that Lundy could have simply walked in the front door without risk.

My last theory would involve a domestic disturbance when Lundy left the cabin. A few nights later he leaves his phone at home and drives to the cabin. He forces Ade to make the distress call, then fires shots through the windows. My problem with this theory is that you don't get dumped by a woman and then haul a load of floor tiles to her condo. I guess it is possible that the tiles were already in his vehicle, or that it just made a good alibi for why he came home.

I do have a couple of big questions though. The friend didn't know the address of the cabin and said that Ade didn't know it either. She said that Ade went to look for a letter that would have the address, but she still gave it incorrectly. The cabin was owned by the family for decades, you'd think Ade would know the address? Secondly, I understand why Ade called the friend, but when the decision was eventually made to call 911, why didn't Ade make the call?

So here's my theory. There was a fight and Lundy killed Ade. He disposed of the body long before this even started. He returns home and plans what to do. He and another woman go to the cabin. When they arrive, he uses her phone to text his at 1:40. Possibly he's got someone at his house to actually receive the text. Now he gets the girl to call the friend in hysterics. The friend hadn't seen Ade much over the previous year, and if they used speaker phone, it would account for why the voice was accepted by the friend. It would also make sense that the imposter wouldn't know the cabin address. Once that call was made, Lundy and the girl are on their way back home. Lundy's phone never left his bedroom, and Ade's phone will only ping at the cabin. So the question is whether there is any actual activity on her phone between the time Lundy left and 1:40 AM that morning?

Kind of hard to wait for a clear shot when it was pitch black outside. Seems she was shooting at noises. I agree with you though, I would have made sure to save a couple of shots. Just sit in a corner and wait for them to come in, then blast away.

Bottom line though is that there is no evidence to suggest that anyone was actually there. She could have heard noises, but that could easily have been animals. She was panicked, blasting away aimlessly. When she runs out of ammo, her only option is to go to the roof where she can jump and run if someone enters the house. That is where the logic ends. Either someone caught up with her at that point or she hightailed it in to the wilderness.

So which option makes no sense? If she was going in to the woods, why did she leave the two items she needed most on the roof? Why hasn't she been found? Why couldn't the dogs track her?

If she was indeed taken, it makes sense that the boots and phone would be left there. The gun was on the ground below, possibly she drooped it after jumping down? But you have to ask yourself, if you were there to abduct her, would you continue with her shooting at you? There is no return of fire, so they were either unarmed or they didn't want to harm her. At some point she ran out of ammo, but how would the bad guys know that? Would you confront an armed person with only the assumption that her gun was empty? Even so, if they were watching through the window and saw her run out of ammo, how would they get in? No broken windows or locks. So the only possible scenario would be that she crawled on to the roof and the bad guys grabbed her there.

I suppose if somebody like the boyfriend knew about the weapons in the cabin, and was aware how many rounds were in that gun, they could create a situation where they knew she would fire. Count the shots then go get her. Of course you think that Lundy could have simply walked in the front door without risk.

My last theory would involve a domestic disturbance when Lundy left the cabin. A few nights later he leaves his phone at home and drives to the cabin. He forces Ade to make the distress call, then fires shots through the windows. My problem with this theory is that you don't get dumped by a woman and then haul a load of floor tiles to her condo. I guess it is possible that the tiles were already in his vehicle, or that it just made a good alibi for why he came home.

I do have a couple of big questions though. The friend didn't know the address of the cabin and said that Ade didn't know it either. She said that Ade went to look for a letter that would have the address, but she still gave it incorrectly. The cabin was owned by the family for decades, you'd think Ade would know the address? Secondly, I understand why Ade called the friend, but when the decision was eventually made to call 911, why didn't Ade make the call?

So here's my theory. There was a fight and Lundy killed Ade. He disposed of the body long before this even started. He returns home and plans what to do. He and another woman go to the cabin. When they arrive, he uses her phone to text his at 1:40. Possibly he's got someone at his house to actually receive the text. Now he gets the girl to call the friend in hysterics. The friend hadn't seen Ade much over the previous year, and if they used speaker phone, it would account for why the voice was accepted by the friend. It would also make sense that the imposter wouldn't know the cabin address. Once that call was made, Lundy and the girl are on their way back home. Lundy's phone never left his bedroom, and Ade's phone will only ping at the cabin. So the question is whether there is any actual activity on her phone between the time Lundy left and 1:40 AM that morning?

Thanks FangDelGato for sharing and challenging the incorrect assumption that there would be drugs all over the cabin if Adrienne was involved or experimented with them. Sorry for your loss. Keep up the good fight its so heart warming to finally hear a success story from these killer drugs out there legally now. How about free oxycodine at locations with the antidote on site? Other than that...............population control is obvious.
I was at Walgreens picking up a prescription recently. They actually had pamphlets on the counter offering Narcan/Naloxone (the reversal agent for opiate overdoses.) I was impressed. That's something only paramedics carry normally. I live in New Mexico and Oxy abuse is rampant here. It wouldn't have saved my husband because the final (third) time he overdosed he aspirated on vomit, but it could save other addicts.
PS thank you all for the support and love you showed. On the outside I look like a professional 40 year old woman, but I know my history and don't judge others struggling with addiction because of this.

IMO, I don't think it's weird she didn't know the address. I have been going up to my parent's cabin in mid-Michigan for 20 years and I couldn't tell you for the life of me what the address is. I know the street name, but that's about it. I know how to get there from memory, so I've never had to use the address. If the family owned 2 properties on that street, it's possible the letter or piece of mail that she found was actually from the other house? Just a thought.

IMO, I don't think it's weird she didn't know the address. I have been going up to my parent's cabin in mid-Michigan for 20 years and I couldn't tell you for the life of me what the address is. I know the street name, but that's about it. I know how to get there from memory, so I've never had to use the address. If the family owned 2 properties on that street, it's possible the letter or piece of mail that she found was actually from the other house? Just a thought.
I agree, there is no need to know the address. There is no mail delivered to that location, no deliveries, not ordering pizza. There is not even a mailbox.

Cougar | National Geographic

...Cougars like to prey on deer, though they also eat smaller animals such as coyotes, porcupines, and raccoons. They usually hunt at night or during the gloaming hours of dawn and dusk. These cats employ a blend of stealth and power, stalking their prey until an opportunity arrives to pounce, then going for the back of the neck with a fatal bite. They will hide large carcasses and feed on them for several days...

Cougars require a lot of room—only a few cats can survive in a 30-square-mile range. They are solitary and shy animals, seldom seen by humans. While they do occasionally attack people—usually children or solitary adults—statistics show that, on average, there are only four attacks and one human fatality each year in all of the U.S. and Canada...

Could Adrienne actually have seen a cougar and climbed on the roof to escape it?
Only one has ever been reported as a sighting, in lower Michigan. And not in this area at all. Could it happen? Sure. Most likely not though, in my opinion. An article posted further up page talking about Cougars in Michigan (published in 2018) mentions this very thing, and comments that in the upper peninsula is where one might be more likely to see a cougar (though not many..). Being well versed in the woods myself..I have never encountered or seen a cougar. I have however run right into a bobcat. Both are elusive. Just my opinion.

If I were in a situation like that I don’t think I would mention a cougar I would jump straight to the fact there were people in my house when calling someone. Also, if she had time to call 3 people and talk for that long it seems like perhaps she wasn’t being chased or anything That being said I also would have just called 911 so who knows, we all act differently in situations but my real problem with it being an abduction is the time she spent on the phone. I still personally think a mental brake is the most likely in this situation.

Well - yes, unless you initially thought it was a cougar (so I'm proposing that maybe she did?) Then she decides it's humans and starts shooting?

Cougar wasn't chasing (and why she'd call anyone just because one was outside her cabin, I can't really figure out - that's where her mental state gets hard to understand). If she was on the phone while figuring out that people were after her (and no cougar), then she certainly isn't completely focused on her shooting (she needs to hang up the phone!)

Mental break is possible, but without a prior history, I'd wonder what about the cause of such a break. I too have plenty of experience with an (ex) spouse who flew under the radar with his addiction (and I was living with him and was pretty observant - I was just very naïve 30 years ago). Many people are "functioning" addicts of hard drugs, until they are not. The years take their toll and the brain doesn't always handle drugs in the same way.

I know a man in his late 20s who was clean for 7 years and then went out one night and did some meth. The next day he was walking around the house peeking through the curtains. He would stand on furniture to peek out the top of the window and then bend down low to peek out the bottom. He started going on about helicopters and army men in trees. He even pulled me over to the window and pointed at a dogwood tree in the front yard. He kept asking me if I could see them. It was terrifying to watch. I didnt know what was wrong at first. I was freaking out trying to get someone to call an ambulance because I thought he was having some kind of episode from PTSD. He finally admitted to his family member that he had taken drugs.

So yes, I can see how this could turn out to be something along those lines. I just have to wonder if there is more about this story that we don't know. I just feel like LE would let the public know if they had cleared the BF and/or if they no longer thought foul play was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee