OH - Rosemarie Essa, 38, dies of cyanide poisoning, Gates Mills, 24 Feb 2005

GUILTY: Jury delivers verdict in Yazeed Essa aggravated murder trial
By Leila Atassi, The Plain Dealer
March 05, 2010, 1:11PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A Cuyahoga County jury convicted Yazeed Essa of aggravated murder today for poisoning his wife, Rosemarie.

Essa, a 41-year-old former Gates Mills doctor, faces a sentence of life in prison with no chance for parole for 20 years.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/03/jury_delivers_verdict_in_yazee.html

Thank goodness! I didn't wanna have to think about this scum out on the streets again.

Thank goodness. The right outcome. The jurors did a great job.

Man, I just saw this trial on InSession, and I'd forgotten about it and that I'd started the thread. I didn't realize it took place a year ago. :doh:Thank goodness justice was served. What a pig! :loser:He really thought he could cover it up with a car accident, and when that didn't work and he discovered she called her friend as she's dying and tells her her forced her to take the Calcium, he flees to Lebanon!

"Your lack of remorse is unreal... unreal," said the judge. I am so glad that you are leaving my courtroom and I hope to never have to see you again."

And the judge sentenced the scum to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 20 years (maximum penalty allowed).

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/sentencing-today-for-doctor-who-poisoned-his-wife

Oh My Goodness! The impact statements by the two brothers is heartbreaking. :(

I can't even imagine how they feel.

Looks like the judge doesn't like the defendent. I've never seen a judge say that before. Good for her!

JMHO
fran

Man, I just saw this trial on InSession, and I'd forgotten about it and that I'd started the thread. I didn't realize it took place a year ago. :doh:Thank goodness justice was served. What a pig! :loser:He really thought he could cover it up with a car accident, and when that didn't work and he discovered she called her friend as she's dying and tells her her forced her to take the Calcium, he flees to Lebanon!

I too watched this trial, didn't know there was a thread on this..

I am so glad he fled the country, which truly shows guilt.

This proves to me, jurors listen intently and they arrive at the right conclusion and render a just verdict. Had he NOT fled the country, I don't think he would have been found guilty. I also feel he was trying to set up his "friends with benefits" girl (Marguerite) when he had her handle the calcium to check the expiration date. He showed no remorse for he claims innocence...He has no respect for woman and Her Honor gave it to him and more...

I was also very impressed the very same family members who helped him flee, came to Rosie's defense, once they found out she was poisoned...good for them...:clap:

My heart broke at hearing the children's impact statement...I do hope the DiPuccio family will be at every parole hearing and he spends the rest of his sorry life in prison. This is a man who vowed to perserve life and used a horrible method of getting her out of the picture so he could be free to either marry that nurse or continue on with the playboy life...just verdict!

Justice has been served for Rosie and her family...

Just watched this again on 48 hours and at the end it said he tried to sneak a women in, posed as an attorney. :floorlaugh: He should have though about what his actions would have cost him.

In Session is going to be showing the appeal starting tomorrow, June 7, 2012.

Oops, now I read above that they rejected the appeal....

Well, In Session is showing something to do with the case tomorrow.

Oops, now I read above that they rejected the appeal....

Well, In Session is showing something to do with the case tomorrow.

Its confusing when they do this! So I guess this is old coverage?? :)

Ohio Supreme Court rejects appeal in Yazeed Essa cyanide case

Published: Thursday, November 03, 2011, 8:01 AM

article at link .............................. http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/11/ohio_supreme_court_rejects_app_1.html

I remember this case very well. Essa is a disgusting human being. Even if it's a canned presentation, I will be glued to it. I want to see how

Defense lawyer Stephen Miles had contended that the trial judge made errors that turned jurors against Essa.

Like, his own brother ended up testifying against him because of his own charges in the case. Likewise at least one other witness.

If the defense said the judge made decisions that allowed the jury against him? LOL! Not much was presented to show the wonderful, loving, human being he is. Wonder why? :what:

Court TV has the complete trial (87 videos) in TRIALS ON DEMAND
OHIO v. YAZEED ESSA (2010) - Court TV

OHIO v. YAZEED ESSA (2010)

Parole Hearing in nine years - NOV 2028
Offender Search

https://appgateway.drc.ohio.gov/OffenderSearch/Search/Details/A582383
YAZEED ESSA
Number A582383
DOB 09/06/1968
Gender Male
Race White
Admission Date 03/11/2010
Institution Ohio State Penitentiary
Status INCARCERATED

Sentence Information
Mandatory Sentence 20 years
Indefinite Sentence Min 20 years
Indefinite Sentence Max Life Sentence
Expiration of Max Sentence Life Sentence

Parole Hearing Information
Next Parole Board Hearing/Review Month - November 2028

This is the most interesting trial I've ever watched. The cast of characters is like something out of a movie.

This is the most interesting trial I've ever watched. The cast of characters is like something out of a movie.
Agree! It is extremely fascinating with all of the characters.
I initially watched Openings, Closings, Verdict, and Sentencing.
Then I watched the one video that caught my attention:

37 - FIRAS ESSA RECALL
I wondered 'why the recall?' ! ! ! !
After watching the recall testimony of the defendant's brother, I then watched the 5 videos of the original testimony of FIRAS ESSA
9 - FIRAS ESSA

10 - FIRAS ESSA PT2
11 - FIRAS ESSA PT3
12 - FIRAS ESSA PT4
13 - FIRAS ESSA PT5
I am now slowly making my way through every video.
It is tragic and mind-boggling, yet very entertaining.

Agree! It is extremely fascinating with all of the characters.
I initially watched Openings, Closings, Verdict, and Sentencing.
Then I watched the one video that caught my attention:

37 - FIRAS ESSA RECALL
I wondered 'why the recall?' ! ! ! !
After watching the recall testimony of the defendant's brother, I then watched the 5 videos of the original testimony of FIRAS ESSA
9 - FIRAS ESSA

10 - FIRAS ESSA PT2
11 - FIRAS ESSA PT3
12 - FIRAS ESSA PT4
13 - FIRAS ESSA PT5
I am now slowly making my way through every video.
It is tragic and mind-boggling, yet very entertaining.

I think my sequence is similar to yours. I did the first video of Firas, then saw the recall and watched that bombshell of a video. Holy cow! Right now I'm watching the cross of Jamal Khalife and his entire testimony is crazy.

I absolutely love the prosecutor and the judge cracks me up. She's like the hostess with the mostest:)

OMG I just found out about this case and the whole trial is on CourtTV site. I'm watching Firas Essa's testimony now. He comes off so slick. Almost innocent. But clearly he's downplaying his involvement and his brother's affair with Michelle. I don't really have time to watch the whole thing from beginning to end. If anyone still has a good memory of this trial and can point me to the most revealing witnesses, please let me know. TIA!

OMG I just found out about this case and the whole trial is on CourtTV site. I'm watching Firas Essa's testimony now. He comes off so slick. Almost innocent. But clearly he's downplaying his involvement and his brother's affair with Michelle. I don't really have time to watch the whole thing from beginning to end. If anyone still has a good memory of this trial and can point me to the most revealing witnesses, please let me know. TIA!

The entire trial is extremely fascinating, but this 44-minute Court TV special is an excellent summary:

MEDICAL MYSTERY

SOMEONE THEY KNEW WITH TAMRON HALL​

Rosemarie Essa appeared to have died in a car crash. But when police learn this was no more than a low speed fender-bender, they begin to suspect foul play—by someone who knew what they were doing.

The entire trial is extremely fascinating, but this 44-minute Court TV special is an excellent summary:

MEDICAL MYSTERY

SOMEONE THEY KNEW WITH TAMRON HALL​

Rosemarie Essa appeared to have died in a car crash. But when police learn this was no more than a low speed fender-bender, they begin to suspect foul play—by someone who knew what they were doing.
Thanks. I recently watched the 48 hours episode on this case actually! Just happened to be on Pluto and it came on. But I had ended up watching a lot of the testimony after I made my post. The cross of the guy from Lebanon who harbored him was the most entertaining. The girlfriends’ testimony was sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back