Found Deceased KY - Ella Jackson, 48, Richmond, 20 Oct 2019 *arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
57-year-old Ella Jackson’s phone, dog and car were all found at her home on Westwood Drive in Richmond, but say she has not been seen on social media since last weekend.

Police say that everyone who interacted with Jackson said she had been in a good mood, and that there was no indication that predicted her disappearance.

Police say they have not been able to rule out that Jackson’s disappearance may be connected to a domestic incident with her husband, Glenn Jackson. Investigators say the two have a troubled marriage.

Search on for missing Richmond mother - ABC 36 News

ELLA-JACKSON.png

Missing Richmond woman’s home, property searched for answers in disappearance

On Tuesday, investigators entered into the missing woman’s home on Westwood Drive where her and her husband live. Search K-9s could also be seen walking the property.

Richmond Assistant Police Chief Rodney Richardson says the search is part of the department’s protocol when investigating any missing person. Richardson says the search includes looking for any clues and speaking with neighbors.

[...]

Richardson says no substantial evidence was found or can be released. He says Jackson’s husband and entire family is cooperating with the investigation.

Oh no... hate where this is going. No one leaves home without their beloved son and beloved sick dog. She left everything behind??? Nope I’m not buying it... the first post said troubled marriage and that’s where the answers are imo...

John Lordan's Searchlight for Ella:

Current husband looking very suspicious. Law enforcement saying very little, media publicity slowing down early on. All quiet, especially the current husband, looks like LE has maybe made its mind up and is building case behind scenes?

Richmond mother has now been missing for one month

Investigators say Jackson left behind her phone, dog, car and five-year-old son.

Police were out at her and her husband's home not long after she disappeared. They even used K9s to search her home and property.

[BBM]
"Nine days after Jackson disappeared Richmond Police searched in and around her Westwood Drive home."

Some might consider that the search took place "not long after she disappeared."
IMO, nine days would allow for destroying evidence at a leisurely pace.

Madison County woman still missing

Oh no... hate where this is going. No one leaves home without their beloved son and beloved sick dog. She left everything behind??? Nope I’m not buying it... the first post said troubled marriage and that’s where the answers are imo...

I'm with you. Just wondering why the dog is sick. Hope someone is not poisoning him.

*modsnip*

Watching the video of Ella’s adult son broke my heart:

“Her adult son said the two talked or texted daily. He shared a message she sent him of her walking one of her dogs at Million Park Sunday around 1:30pm. That's the last time Phillip Hans said he had any communication with his mother.”

I can’t tell for sure because only parts of the message can be seen in the video at the link, but it looks like perhaps Ella was asking her son for advice (“Do you ... want him? Cz ... extremely miserable ... I am considering ....”).
Son suspicious of mother's disappearance
0A1EF384-0163-4CEB-B722-3673BCC826C7.jpeg 5963C34C-FF58-40D7-A29E-8B71ACBD8E6C.jpeg

That, along with the Assistant Police Chief Rodney Richardson’s comment, “The facts that are leading to what took place at their residence that day, I don’t think is something we would want to get into right now,” in a video five days after Ella was last seen, have me extremely worried about her.
Police searching for missing Richmond mother - ABC 36 News

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know who reported her missing? I searched an update but found nothing.
In the video at the link below (around 0:25), the reporter says, “Monday, Richmond Police were notified by her husband, Glenn, she was missing.”
Police searching for missing Richmond mother - ABC 36 News

ETA: A little more information here:
Oct 25, 2019
“[SBM]

According to Rodney Richardson, assistant chief of police for RPD, they were contacted the day after she was last seen by her husband. On Tuesday, police were contacted by Jackson's son and decided to move forward with a missing persons report.

Richardson stated that as of now, this case has nothing to do with any other cases, nor is there any evidence to indicate that this incident is related to any others.

[SBM]”
RPD asking for help in locating Richmond woman

Last edited:
I’m sorry for blowing up the thread! Just one more (I don’t think this has been posted yet):

Oct 30, 2019
“Jason Hans, former husband of missing mom Ella Jackson, has known the 47-year-old Richmond woman for 17 years and describes her as a gentle person and a kind soul.

[SBM]

Jackson was reported missing last week and was last seen on Oct. 20 at her Westwood Drive home in Richmond, leaving behind her phone, car and dog. Her 5-year-old son was left in the care of her husband, Glenn Jackson, a senior lecturer of English at Eastern Kentucky University.

[SBM]

Jackson was declared missing on Tuesday, Oct. 22, and according to Hans, the family spent the whole evening at the Richmond Police Department answering questions and trying to figure things out.

He stated police told them they would be working on the case and that it may take some time to figure things out.

‘We didn't hear anything for the first couple of days, and we were not hearing anything, and we were frustrated and decided if they won't let people know she's missing then we will,’ he said, prompting the family to send out their own news release of Jackson's disappearance.

In the release, it states ‘that everyone who interacted with Jackson in the days leading up to her disappearance have described her as being in a good mood, going about her normal day-to-day business, and making plans for the future. In short, there was no indication that anything was amiss or that foreshadowed her disappearance.’

He told The Register that part of the difficulty is that the family does not know what to do now to help find Jackson.

‘Since Friday we have had a lot more interaction with detectives, and we are constantly giving information and answering questions,’ he said. ‘We are trying to get information from any perspective that we can, and telling them about various things to look at and into -- people, places, whatever it may be. It's difficult, because we don't know where to go or what to do. We are trying to figure out what to do next and not really knowing.’

[SBM]”
Search continues for missing mom 

Ella's NAMUS profile: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Circumstances of Disappearance
According to her husband, Glen Jackson she told him to take their son and dog for a walk at a local dog park (Million Park). He states he was at the park for a few hours and when he came home she was gone. She left her vehicle, her phone and did not appear to pack any clothing or make-up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back