GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing of note that May said in the press conference. A reporter asked if they had taken safety precautions for the people whose names were on PF's hit list. May said, "Absolutely. For those that you've heard about, and those that you haven't heard about... we've notified every single one of them and taken precautions."

I wonder what else they learned.
Who else did he want killed?????

As usual, I am endlessly behind and know I will never catch up, so thank you all.

I am so pleased that Kelsey's mom was able to express all that has been pent up inside since this horrible tragedy happened. I hope they will be able to move forward in their lives now and also have a chance to grief the loss of their beloved Kelsey while raising that beautiful little girl that is a part of her.

Have to tell you...this was the second time in about a month or so that I was waiting on a verdict and it came in as I was walking my puppy...now I know the trick for a verdict!!

Your puppy will be very happy, with many future walks, as these evil creeps are everywhere, slowly being removed from society.
Thank goodness there was a clear victory here today, and hope after your walks, there will be loads more.
Justice being served.

Featuring, among other things, the footage of her casually fixing her hair, putting on lip gloss, etc. in the Sonic drive-thru in preparation for her "post-cleanup", meetup with PF. I find that footage very chilling, and revealing of her casual cruelty.

Nasty. I do hope a good dateline episode features her. But she will likely change her name. Or use Lee which fewer recognize.

I hope the judge lets her know what he thinks.

His choking up today really made me forgive him for being so controlling when it came to his courtroom decorum decisions.

Also our dedication here.:):):)
So many posting here, right from the beginning, awaiting Justice for Kelsey.
I would think the Berreth family would know about the online support, for Kelsey.
I am hoping, now that this major hurdle has been won, the KKs, SFs and any others in the woodwork, will have their lives disrupted forever.
MOO.
I went back and read the first few threads - I think her family knew of WS IMO

This day is about Kelsey, but I can’t help but think of Shanann, CeCe and Bella today as well, how I felt that day when Watts was sentenced. I’m not sure if today triggered some of the emotions during the Watts trial for you, Colorado303, but it did for me. While there were cheers that Justice was served, at the end there was just that sadness that none of this had to happen, pointless...all this for NOTHING. It’s just a feeling of sadness.
I think of them every time I’m in a Kelsey thread. Or any thread. Not a day has gone by where I haven’t thought of them and that’s probably going to be true for the rest of my life.

It changed the way I look at the world, yet it feels wrong saying that when I know how much more it’s affected others who were closer to her or closer to the case. The crime was horrific and many people have a permanent hole in their lives because she and the girls are gone. But even if those things somehow magically went away the impact of the aftermath is mind-numbing for so many people. Her family and friends continue to be hounded by press and trolls. They’re hounded everywhere. At least one instance of someone with a dying family member who had to have their hospital room moved and fake name used because there are horrible people out there who just want to post whatever they can.

Kids have have been affected. Trust and security are gone. School’s different for them now. Grades have fallen. Bullies are born. Many will recover but some might not.

For so many people, life as they know it has forever changed and not for the better. Home purchases have had to be cancelled. Relationships get stressed. Mental and physical health suffers.

I needed to bring that up to answer your question. Because when I “watched” the trial what hit me the most were all these innocent people who’s lives are never going to be the same. Every one of those people on the paper towel list that know someone actively wanted them dead. Imagine finding out someone who you took under your wing wanted you dead. Imagine being his wife.

The people who worked w/Kelsey will be bonded by this horrible tragedy and reminded of it every time they try to recruit a new instructor. Her students—how many if them will be hit w/a wave of sadness out nowhere when flying a plane?? KK’s kids. KK’s friends. KK’s hospital. The woman who gave KB the baby gate and other neighbors will have a hard time selling their homes. Some may have been financially secure a year ago and in a financial pickle now.

It blows my mind, and yet that’s nothing compared to what KB’s family is in for. TV movies. True crime documentaries. Podcasts. Lots of podcasts. And Books. Maybe by KK. Maybe by jury members. Maybe by some random woman in the midwest who writes PF in prison. Who knows. It’s a nightmare that doesn’t stop.

I’d like to think the internet trolls and podcasters devouring anyone associated w/the Watts case and the comments they generate full of lies, mean things and the occasional death threat—will leave the Berreth family and associated innocents alone. There’s not as much controversy here. We have almost universal agreement that Kelsey was “good” while Patrick’s corner is empty. (though I’m sure he’s getting plenty of fan mail). Even his family has gotten pretty quiet so maybe folks in this case will be spared. Probably not. I’ve learned there are some people who are just so awful they’ll say just anything for clicks and thrills. They have no conscience and nothing can be done to stop them. It sucks.

When you see this stuff it’s not much of a leap to start thinking people suck. There are days now when I really feel that way. I hate it and I hate knowing with every new crime like this a new group of happy, innocent people are going to be tossed into that world.

I hope in the process of ranting I managed to answer your question.

Last edited:
In reality, her life has been greatly impacted in a very negative way. All of her friends and family, including her children, will know the horrible things she admitted too.

I would want to curl up and die if my young children knew that I helped a man, that I was cheating with, on their father, to plan a woman's murder, and even helped him cover it up, and cleaned up the bloody crime scene. And never warned her or the police, that she was in mortal danger?

How can her children ever look at her in the same way again. Even if they don't know the story now, someday they will.

How can her parents and siblings look her in the eyes and not think of her, as she willingly drove to Colorado to 'try' to kill a love rival?

She is not really walking away Scott free, in my opinion. It is true that she will receive very little prison time. But she will never have her life back, as a well respected, hard working wife and mother.

She will probably move to a small town, maybe change her name, and live a low key, quiet life, and try to enjoy the simple things she has left. Whatever freedom she has and whomever stays in her life in spite of learning what an evil streak she has. JMO

KK seems to know how to wrangle cows so I suppose she can pursue a career much like Patrick's with some donkey manicure skills added. Probably an opening near Cripple Creek, don't ya think?.

To have studied her way through the rigorous math and science of a nursing degree and be denied work in her field carries its own humiliation.

Even if she misses only 18 months of her children's lives while in prison, that's a whole lot of loss.

I wonder if she was the shining star in her family, what with being Rodeo Queen and all, and now she's the black sheep (which I suppose is especially bad on a cattle ranch)!

So, yes, her life is shot.

I went back and read the first few threads - I think her family knew of WS IMO

I just hope they know that people do care... all that happened would have shaken anyones faith in human nature..

To us Kelsey’s life mattered and I am so happy to read of the scholarship they are to set up in her name xx

No.
Not everyone.

I have always disagreed with the idea that there's some type of moral equivalency between what KK did and what PF did.

The 2 aren't even comparable.

KK's a vile, reprehensible woman.
But she's not a violent, brutal, vicious murderer.

PF solicited KK to kill KB multiple times, and she balked each and every time.
KK may or may not have wanted KB dead.
But even if she did want her dead, KK didn't want KB dead enough to kill her.

PF wanted KB dead enough to kill her.
And to do so in a most gruesome, excruciating manner.

PF is the one whose evil mind plotted KB's murder.
PF is the one whose evil hands executed KB's murder.

PF drove the bat into KB's body 15 times or more.
He relentlessly battered her.

So, when it comes to driving home the point that PF swung the bat, some of us here are not willing to give it a break.

That's a level of evil that's almost incomprehensible.

There's no moral equivalency here.

Not even close.

JMO.

Well, there you said it.

But I agree.

Patrick was a soulless killer. It was easy. And it may not have been his first time.

KK is what she is, we know what she is, which is is a horrible and weak human being; but I truly believe that she would not kill or be involved with a murder if she never met Patrick.

Last edited:
Bummmmm

Bummmmer!

Posted this morning....

FRAZEE TRIAL: It’s Day 11. We’ll hear closing arguments this morning. Each side gets 90 minutes. From there, Judge Scott Sells is required by law to read the jury instructions aloud to the jury, and the case will be in the hands of the jury.

I’ll plan on a Facebook live probably around 8:30 p.m. MT. That could change, of course, if a verdict comes down.

#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney KOAA 5

Sam Kraemer TV

I gather no Sam K report tonight.

10 minutes. He said he would do a live tonight.

I wonder if Ma F was on the list as her numbers were there. Maybe they kept that out?

Or maybe his brother!?!?

Ha, I think it's safe to say Ma was the only one NOT on that list, at this rate.

Thank you so much for going. I know it was last minute and you snuck your phone in but to know you were there for all of us made my heart happy - I couldn’t have thought of a better outcome based on what we had to work with and he’s never getting out - but I do believe he’s so arrogant he will petition for visitation - my hope is this judge will participate in that hearing - his rights need terminated ASAP and CB given the authority to decide who from his family has any contact - they should withdraw their custody petitions but somehow I don’t think they will
JMO
CB said she was going to begin the process of adoption, now. That is the perfect way to negate any of the Frazees from getting any visitation with that child.

Once she grows up, she may want to reach out to her uncle SF2, or his children, to learn more about the sane relatives on her bio father's side of the family. That is a normal response when a child grows up with no contact from half of the extended family. But that will be totally up to her, as an adult, and not something the courts would force on her.

I’m confused about the “finally” since pretty much everyone on these threads agrees. The full statement?:

Cheryl acknowledged Kenney’s role in getting this conviction, but said, “she shouldn’t have received a plea deal. She was an active participant in the murder. The only thing she didn’t do is swing the bat.”
Sam Kraemer (@SamKraemerTV) on Twitter

I think we all wish she could get more. But hopefully her life is ruined as a result of this.

I agree. KLs actions are reprehensible. I don't think anyone disagreed. I didn't post about it because I felt the hate or KL was taking over the thread and diminishing the importance of all other evidence. Although, what we say here only matters to us (we are the jury) I'm here for the facts/evidence and the truth as it leads to justice for the victim.

As I've said before, my job is to do investigations (not criminal). I can't let my emotions cloud my ability to get to the truth of what happened. When emotions take over, we end up going down the rabbit hole or as they used to say on old TV shows, we get sidetracked by the red herring.

I think sometimes our disagreements are little more than semantics and perceptions rather than actual opposing views (with some exceptions). KL will have her day in court. She may not get what she deserves in sentencing, but she will get what she deserves. I believe in court room justice and in a higher power justice. I can live with the idea that prison time might be the easier of the two. There is also the fact that KL is who she is and will more than likely continue to make stupid decision that hold unpleasant consequences separate for the rest of her life. I have no doubt that her involvement in the murder of KB and her light sentence will play a huge role in her future happiness. Maybe the rich dude who took in Casey Anthony will add her to his collection of depraved women!

I think of them every time I’m in a Kelsey thread. Or any thread. Not a day has gone by where I haven’t thought of them and that’s probably going to be true for the rest of my life.

It changed the way I look at the world, yet it feels wrong saying that when I know how much more it’s affected others who were closer to her or closer to the case. The crime was horrific and many people have a permanent hole in their lives because she and the girls are gone. But even if those things somehow magically went away the impact of the aftermath is mind-numbing for so many people. Her family and friends continue to be hounded by press and trolls. They’re hounded everywhere. At least one instance of someone with a dying family member who had to have their hospital room moved and fake name used because there are horrible people out there who just want to post whatever they can.

Kids have have been affected. Trust and security are gone. School’s different for them now. Grades have fallen. Bullies are born. Many will recover but some might not.

For so many people, life as they know it has forever changed and not for the better. Home purchases have had to be cancelled. Relationships get stressed. Mental and physical health suffers.

I needed to bring that up to answer your question. Because when I “watched” the trial what hit me the most were all these innocent people who’s lives are never going to be the same. Every one of those people on the paper towel list that know someone actively wanted them dead. Imagine finding out someone who you took under your wing wanted you dead. Imagine being his wife.

The people who worked w/Kelsey will be bonded by this horrible tragedy and reminded of it every time they try to recruit a new instructor. Her students—how many if them will be hit w/a wave of sadness out nowhere when flying a plane?? KK’s kids. KK’s friends. KK’s hospital. The woman who gave KB the baby gate and other neighbors will have a hard time selling their homes. Some may have been financially secure a year ago and in a financial pickle now.

It blows my mind, and yet that’s nothing compared to what KB’s family is in for. TV movies. True crime documentaries. Podcasts. Lots of podcasts. And Books. Maybe by KK. Maybe by jury members. Maybe by some woman in the midwest who writes PF in prison. Who knows. It’s a nightmare that doesn’t stop.

I’d like to think the internet trolls and podcasters devouring anyone associated w/the Watts case and the comments they generate full of lies, mean things and the occasional death threat—will leave the Berreth family and associated innocents alone. There’s not as much controversy here. We have almost universal agreement that Kelsey was “good” while Patrick’s corner is empty. (though I’m sure he’s getting plenty of fan mail). Even his family has gotten pretty quiet so maybe folks in this case will be spared. Probably not. I’ve learned there are some people who are just so awful they’ll say just anything for clicks and thrills. They have no conscience and nothing can be done to stop them. It sucks.

When you see this stuff it’s not much of a leap to start thinking people suck. There are days now when I really feel that way. I hate it and I hate knowing with every new crime like this a new group of happy, innocent people are going to be tossed into that world.

I hope in the process of ranting I managed to answer your question.

Beautiful, heartfelt post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member