The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw part of the Interview. I could not watch any further. What a cluster….

Prince Andrew is quite possibly one of the wealthiest people, and he "had to stay with Jeffrey Epstein"? Geez, he seems to hardly be short of funds that he couldn't afford a hotel? Prince Andrew needs to "couch surf", bumming a place to sleep from friends? Say what?!

Other "cringe worthy" quotes...oh, I love people who "don't recall" things...and the embellishment of lies...they just don't know when to stop.

Don't mean to be negative here, but to me this gown is just slightly "off". Especially love the black (velvet?) trim, the shape of the neckline and the whole shape/line of it, but the main fabric to my eye looks a little... lingerie-ish.

I just find most of her attire things that I would "like to love", but it doesn't quite get there. Here is a similar "lace effect" dress, if that's what you'd call it, which I think is just....better. This is Queen Max, who is just stunning when she gets it right! If this photo, in my opinion she got it right, and more. (See thumbnail.) I do think black lace can be a challenge, to keep it from looking like lingerie.

21167768-7698843-image-a-54_1574102061487.jpg

I like the silhouette, and the fit is amazing, but I don't like the layout of the lace design around her lady parts.

ANNUS HORRIBILIS 2

Prince Andrew crisis is taking its toll on the Queen, 93, with both Charles and Philip away

The 93-year-old monarch — who went riding at Windsor Castle yesterday — has been struggling without the companionship of Prince Philip, 98.

On Monday night a royal source revealed: “The Queen is under strain. She’s telling everyone she’s fine because that’s what she does.

“But she’s 93 and it’s obvious this is going to take a real toll, so everyone is incredibly concerned.

“A couple of years ago she seemed very content. Charles and Camilla were sorted, William and Kate were doing well and then Harry finding a wife. But now her problems are piling up, both inside and outside the family.

“She’s trying to hold a country together post-Brexit and the Scottish independence referendum.

“And now the crisis over Prince Andrew follows all the heartache over her grandsons.

“It’s certainly going to be a strange Christmas for her — and does she really deserve this after all she’s done?”

Prince Andrew crisis puts pressure on Queen with Charles and Philip away

I feel so sorry for Her Majesty it would be horrendous if anything happened to her or Prince Philip and the family was in crisis.

KPMG has not renewed its sponsorship of the Duke of York's entrepreneurship initiative, Pitch@Palace.

The accountancy firm is thought to have made the decision at the end of October.

The controversy over the prince's ties to the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein is understood to have been one reason behind the decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50467019

I
don’t think many companies or charities will want to be associated with him anymore. His conduct and interview have been an absolute disgrace.

The interview with PA is mostly being described as a train wreck in Australia, tonight we hear of the first parting of ways...........

A Queensland university has severed ties with Prince Andrew in the first Australian fallout to the Duke of York's controversial BBC interview.
While the university has no formal relationship directly with him, it indicated it would no longer be a part of the Pitch@Palace Global, an initiative Prince Andrew founded.
Australian university cuts ties with Prince Andrew

I think the Queen sees the institution of Monarchy as bigger than any single individual. I am sure she's wise enough by now to know that things happen, no one is perfect, people have marriage and relationship issues, people are human and sometimes make bad decisions in the moment. But the Monarchy goes on.

But the monarchy itself is like a winding path that goes on, down through the valleys and up and over the hills. The King is dead, Long live the King.

The interview with PA is mostly being described as a train wreck in Australia, tonight we hear of the first parting of ways...........

A Queensland university has severed ties with Prince Andrew in the first Australian fallout to the Duke of York's controversial BBC interview.
While the university has no formal relationship directly with him, it indicated it would no longer be a part of the Pitch@Palace Global, an initiative Prince Andrew founded.
Australian university cuts ties with Prince Andrew
What was he thinking ? I think he’s done as a patron and we may see resignations and a break from royal duties - what a mess he’s made IMO

The Toxic Duke: Standard Chartered is latest big name to cut ties with Prince Andrew - as Outward Bound gets set to vote on ditching him and students campaign for university to fire him as Chancellor

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7701239/The-TOXIC-Duke-Standard-Chartered-latest-big-firm-cut-ties-Prince-Andrew.html

Prince Andrew made 'unbelievable' racist comments about Arabs including camel jokes at state dinner for Saudi Royal family, claims ex-Home Secretary Jacqui Smith

The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

More terrible headlines today I wonder if Prince Andrew still believes the interview went “really well” like he told his Mum.

She’s got his back!

Outrage as Lady Colin Campbell claims soliciting sex from minors 'is not the same as paedophilia' in Good Morning Britain interview on Prince Andrew

Lady Colin Campbell claims soliciting sex from minors 'is not the same as paedophilia' | Daily Mail Online
Lady Colin Campbell has always been a real oddball

She may be technically correct. I believe Epstein has been quoted as being very specific about his compulsions and there is a name for desiring sex with pubescent children that is different in psychological terms from desiring sex from pre-pubescent children. We see this in the news time after time when older men are recruiting vulnerable underage girls - teachers, coaches, family friends, internet strangers. It's a horrible plague of indecency and crime.

But it makes no difference. Epstein was compulsive, consistent, aware, and unrepentant about using underage teenage girls in illegal ways.

His defence was to shame them by declaring they were prostitutes. After ruining their psyche's and exposing them to a world of old men willling to abuse them.

So now the story is in People magazine:

Meghan and Prince Harry have invested a lot of time, love and money renovating Frogmore Cottage into a beautiful family home for 6-month-old Archie to flourish. While this includes landscaped gardens, a green-energy center and a custom kitchen, legal papers submitted to the High Court in London show the home doesn’t include a reported $6,500 copper bathtub, $650,000 of aircraft soundproofing, self-contained yoga studio, orangery or tennis court.

Folks, what is a "green-energy center"? Is that what I would call a garden? Is that an electric vehicle charging center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member