GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing of note that May said in the press conference. A reporter asked if they had taken safety precautions for the people whose names were on PF's hit list. May said, "Absolutely. For those that you've heard about, and those that you haven't heard about... we've notified every single one of them and taken precautions."

I wonder what else they learned.
giphy.gif

there was more?! And why am I so shocked?
It is truly depraved and insane

I go back and forth on that.

On one hand, it doesn't make sense to give her that coffee if she wasn't following through on the original plan. Why bother buying the caramel macchiato and driving over there at all?

But on the other hand, if she poisoned it, wouldn't she have to wear gloves if she was holding it and handing it over to her victim? What if it was checked for fingerprints if it was found by her dead body?

And if KB suddenly became ill, wouldn't she possibly put it together that some stranger drove up and just handed her a coffee?

The whole 'plan' is so stupid that I can't really believe anyone would try that. But we are talking about Cowboy Pat, so that level of stupidity knows no bounds.
Wasn’t it in chilly weather? So she would be wearing gloves.

I don’t think anyone forced PF to do anything. This entire thing was driven by him, as the evidence shows.

The plot was his, and the murder was done by his hand. No one put a bat in it.
BBM
Least of all KK. He didn't give a darn about her and exploited her affection for him. It must have come as a HUGE punch in the gut when that dawned on her and sent her rich fantasy life into a death spiral. I guess she was too tired from all that driving to wake up and smell the coffee. Her mug shot (those eyes!) tells me all that I need to know about what is in her heart. She probably still has no concept of what she has put her own family through, let alone the Berreths, because she is too busy feeling sorry for herself and nursing that big, festering burn of betrayal because she thought what she and PF had was "real". Barf.

MOO, MOO, MOO

I worry about everything, but unless I’m uneducated regarding this topic (I’m not an attorney), I’m not worried one bit about PF’s mother ever seeing baby K again. No way in hell I’d let that child into the Frazee company or residence. No telling what type of nonsense or retaliation could take place. And I don’t think being concerned about that is extreme. I think these Frazees are crazies.

I had a severe headache at the verdict, and could not stay up to watch Sam as I wanted last night. Just now getting to listen to Sam from last night's FB and learning so many new things that haven't been in any reports.

He read the entire victim impact statement from her mom, (and over-viewed relatives and coworkers statements also)

One of her relatives said that PF wouldn't allow KB to paint her nails "as only *advertiser censored* paint their nails" What a (*&(*& control freak he was with her.

Great job Sam. Great job. He also said that today he would do a Q&A at some time, looking forward to such.

BBM
Least of all KK. He didn't give a darn about her and exploited her affection for him. It must have come as a HUGE punch in the gut when that dawned on her and sent her rich fantasy life into a death spiral. I guess she was too tired from all that driving to wake up and smell the coffee. Her mug shot (those eyes!) tells me all that I need to know about what is in her heart. She probably still has no concept of what she has put her own family through, let alone the Berreths, because she is too busy feeling sorry for herself and nursing that big, festering burn of betrayal because she thought what she and PF had was "real". Barf.

MOO, MOO, MOO
I do wonder what KK’s home life is like now.

Patrick Frazee found guilty of murdering fiancee Kelsey Berreth, sentenced to life in prison
He was found guilty on a total of six counts: two counts of first-degree murder, one count of tampering with a body, and three counts of solicitation to commit murder.

Frazee received the maximum sentence: life without the possibility of parole, plus 156 years in prison. Sentencing occurred shortly after the verdict Monday afternoon. Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty against Frazee.

A recap for those checking in - media thread updated with lots of details

I have not heard of any Order preventing them - I’m expecting some to go on the morning shows and Dateline etc
Thanks! I remember the jurors talking after Casey Anthony trial so that is why I am wondering!

Maybe these jurors don’t want to talk about it for various reasons, such as being added to PF’s “gangster” hit-list.

"At no time did the state consider a plea deal with Patrick Frazee." Lol. Ya think?

That answers one of the questions some of us had.

PF could not take a plea deal because the state rightfully would not give him an offer of one. Once they made a plea deal with the other co-conspirator they weren't about to give out another deal.

It makes sense now and so glad he was convicted just like our own poll we took here showed that he should.

Thanks everyone for posting all the news tweets and helping us get through this trial.

Something tells me this might not be the last time we hear something about PF. With his propensity for violence and abuse, it wouldn’t surprise me if he beats someone up in prison...inmate, guard...unless he’s in solitary confinement. Maybe not...I’m just thinking about Watts, and how that day when he was sentenced, I figured that was the last we’d hear about him. But no, he kept creeping up like an infected wound that just wouldn’t go away. Maybe this will be different with PF. I wonder if investigators will visit him later on down the road to see if he feels like talking...
That said, he had to use a baseball bat to kill a petite 100 lb woman, he won't have access to one in prison. Ma is probably packing up the rest of his action toys and fashioning his toothbrush into a shiv for her precious boy, at least until she can join him.

MOO, MOO, MOO the cows have come home and the chickens are roosting at the franch!

I had a severe headache at the verdict, and could not stay up to watch Sam as I wanted last night. Just now getting to listen to Sam from last night's FB and learning so many new things that haven't been in any reports.

He read the entire victim impact statement from her mom, (and over-viewed relatives and coworkers statements also)

One of her relatives said that PF wouldn't allow KB to paint her nails "as only *advertiser censored* paint their nails" What a (*&(*& control freak he was with her.

Great job Sam. Great job. He also said that today he would do a Q&A at some time, looking forward to such.
Thanks Dixie. I'm off to go watch now. Also had to chill out last night.

Glad to see the site working better today! I logged off last night only to find myself logged in this morning...go figure!

Berreths didn’t want the death penalty.

The attorney general’s office also said that there there were no aggravators.

Sam disagreed. He thought they were there. Sam is talking about the politics in play, and how it just doesn’t happen there (we’ve talked about this here).

Discovery dump: Dan May said he didn’t know, it’s the judge’s decision.

Don’t know if KK’s sentencing will be televised. 8 weeks from today is the likely date.

Judge was probably excessively protective to protect against appeal.

Possibly be sent to Canyon City prison, unless they are worried for his safety.

Canon City is to close to his support base. He has participated in rodeo with some of the guards. There are seven prisons in that area. PF needs to spend his days in another State. Maybe Alaska will take him.
Just think, PF is walking up to his first day of life without parole.

I’m sure this has been mentioned, but I wonder if they’ll move him out of State as they have CW. I think ARS who killed Jessica Ridgeway is still in an undisclosed location. Iirc the theater shooter JH has also been moved to an undisclosed location out of State.

ETA: Woah I didn’t know this, I don’t think:

Aurora movie theater gunman’s location finally revealed: A federal prison in Pennsylvania
September 28, 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ly-revealed-a-federal-prison-in-pennsylvania/
I vote for one of those nice prisons in Mississippi or Louisiana that you hear about on the news. Definitely somewhere with warm temps and a lot of humidity just to make it extra warm and cozy.

Thanks! I remember the jurors talking after Casey Anthony trial so that is why I am wondering!

Maybe these jurors don’t want to talk about it for various reasons, such as being added to PF’s “gangster” hit-list.

Yes you are probably right that the jurors dont want to fuel the flames with crazy PF who has been known to try to solicit others from behind bars to take out people.

In other cases what usually happens is the judge will give them some parting comments and let them know they are free to discuss the case with anyone after their duty is over.

As much as I want to hear from them I hope they stay quiet because we dont want to give the Defense any ideas for future appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak