GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

St. Louis County man now faces a murder charge after his wife went missing

11/15/2019
CREVE COEUR, Mo. – St. Louis County prosecutors charged the husband of a missing woman Friday with second-degree murder in connection with her disappearance.

According to law enforcement, a second-degree charge is generally issued for an intentional murder that lacks premeditation.

FOX 2’s Derrion Henderson (@was at Rothwell’s first court appearance at 9 a.m. Rothwell sat up straight and faced forward during the entire proceeding. He only spoke to say he’d been in St. Louis since 2013 or 2014 when the judge asked. He quickly waved goodbye to the three people who showed up for him in court.

His next court appearance is at 9 a.m. on January 27, 2020..

Katherine Hessel
@KHesselFox2

UPDATE: Police believe they found the body of missing woman Jennifer Rothwell - Body found in a wooded area of Lincoln County off hwy 61
- Her husband Beau and his attorney tipped investigators off to the location
- DNA will be used to confirm the body is Jennifer
@FOX2now

EJu7x7zWoAAP8i2

Katherine Hessel on Twitter

Missing Woman Update: Good morning. Last night, members of the department located what we believe to be the body of Jennifer Rothwell.
Information provided by the Defendant, through his attorney, in the afternoon on November 18, 2019, led investigators to a secondary scene in the area Troy, Missouri. This area is approximately one hour northwest of St. Louis.

Beginning around 5:15 PM Monday, detectives from the Bureau of Crimes Against Persons, the Special Response Unit, the Metro Air Support Unit, and others, initiated a search of the area off the roadway of US 61, just north of KK.

Ultimately, the body of a white, adult female was discovered at approximately 11:15 PM.

We thank the public for all of their tips and assistance and hope this brings some closure to the Jennifer's family.

78230149_2873563855995705_5107519441332076544_o.jpg 74604717_2873563932662364_7373753042371346432_o.jpg

St. Louis County Police Department

St. Louis County PD on Twitter

I'm so glad to be wrong about the landfill!

Troy makes sense, it's the first really rural area you hit going west (although it's rapidly being developed).

Glad the perp in this case didn't fool LE for a second with his "missing wife" story.

Police find body in Lincoln County believed to be missing St. Louis County woman

Nov 19, 2019

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar told reporters that detectives received information about where Jennifer Rothwell’s remains could be found at about 2:45 p.m. Monday when her husband and his attorney met with detectives.

Police started combing about a four-mile stretch along U.S. 61 near Cuivre River State Park at about 5:15 p.m. Officers found the remains at about 11:30 p.m., about 20 yards off the shoulder in a wooded area, Belmar said.

Friend stunned by murder accusation against Beau Rothwell

11/19/19 -- live video 2 news w/friend.

Steven Farber, who played in the same racquetball league as Rothwell, said he and other league members were stunned by the turn of events.

“He’s always been a good guy; we played sports. He was never anything you would ever assume to be aggressive or angry or anything like that,” Farber said. “This came as a complete shock to everybody in our group.”

Police find body in Lincoln County believed to be missing St. Louis County woman

11/19/19

Bell said that authorities do not have any information regarding “the how or the why, yet,” in the case.

Police believe Beau Rothwell killed his wife sometime on Nov. 11. He was seen on surveillance video that day buying bleach and other cleaning supplies at a local store. He reported her missing the next day, saying he had last seen her leaving for work that morning.

Her car was abandoned near Fee Fee Road and Olive Boulevard, about 1½ miles from her home on Northwinds Drive.

In court documents, police said they found multiple bottles of bleach inside the couple’s home just north of Creve Coeur, along with a wet carpet and blood-stained carpet and padding.

Body Found in Search for Mo. Woman — and Husband Is Charged After Blood-Soaked Carpet Spotted

Nov 19, 2019

Police learned where the body could be found during a meeting about 2:45 p.m. Monday with Beau and his attorney, and made the discovery about 11:30 p.m. in a wooded area about 20 yards off the highway shoulder, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar told reporters, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

[...]

Her abandoned Hyundai Sonata was found Tuesday night, less than two miles from the couple’s suburban St. Louis home.

Beau was charged Friday with murder in her presumed death after a search of the Rothwell home turned up wet carpeting that was soaked in bleach, say police.

Authorities allege both the carpeting and the padding underneath it were stained with blood.

I drove out to that area today. I didn’t see any crime scene tape, but they also haven’t pinpointed the exact location either- just that it was approx. 2 miles North of 47 on 61, which is the area of where the highway crosses Cuivre River.

It’s interesting to note that a large portion of the highway (both sides) is under construction, although there was no construction going on today around 3:00 pm. It was 60 degrees out today, which makes me wonder if the reason they weren’t working on the road today was because they found a body nearby last night; which also makes me wonder if Beau put her there so that she’d be found sooner.

I’m trying not to speculate about it, but feel like it’s worth sharing.

https://molawyersmedia.com/2019/11/15/police-bloody-carpet-found-in-missing-missouri-womans-home/

Nov 15, 2019

[...]

As the search continued for Jennifer Rothwell, officers were scouring a wooded area Thursday in between where her car was found and her home. Her family is offering a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to her whereabouts.

KMOV reported that Jennifer Rothwell’s mother, Robin von Hausen, said her daughter had just moved to western St. Louis County with her husband and worked at DuPont. Von Hausen said it was one of her DuPont co-workers who tipped them off that something might have happened.

“A co-worker texted and said, ‘Hey, how is Jennifer?’ They assumed she just hadn’t come into work because of the weather or whatnot,” von Hausen said. bbm

ETA: I wasn't aware that co-worker tipped off mother.

The husband posted missing bulletin Wednesday (Nov 13) afternoon citing JR did not come home Tuesday night.

Accidents and crimes of passion happen but BR had a long drive before he dumped his wife's body off the shoulder of the road. Cold and callous....

MOO

Husband charged in death of missing Missouri woman

Nov 15, 2019

[...]

As the search continued for Jennifer Rothwell, officers were scouring a wooded area Thursday in between where her car was found and her home. Her family is offering a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to her whereabouts.

KMOV reported that Jennifer Rothwell’s mother, Robin von Hausen, said her daughter had just moved to western St. Louis County with her husband and worked at DuPont. Von Hausen said it was one of her DuPont co-workers who tipped them off that something might have happened.

“A co-worker texted and said, ‘Hey, how is Jennifer?’ They assumed she just hadn’t come into work because of the weather or whatnot,” von Hausen said. bbm

ETA: I wasn't aware that co-worker tipped off mother.

The husband posted missing bulletin Wednesday (Nov 13) afternoon citing JR did not come home Tuesday night.

Accidents and crimes of passion happen but BR had a long drive before he dumped his wife's body off the shoulder of the road. Cold and callous....

MOO

I either read somewhere or just got the feeling that the coworker texted the mom, and mom contacted Beau, then Beau made the report, so maybe he was waiting for someone to notice for whatever reason. I haven’t technically fact checked that, but remember thinking about it very early on.

It was 60 degrees out today, which makes me wonder if the reason they weren’t working on the road today was because they found a body nearby last night; which also makes me wonder if Beau put her there so that she’d be found sooner.
^^sbm

I think 20 yards off the shoulder in a construction zone can be either easily visible or not so visible.

What we know is that JR's body was out there most likely since Monday and BR did not reveal her location until yesterday afternoon -- a full week later.

He could have told investigators where to recover her body on Wednesday when home searched, or when arrested.

This is very typical of a killer hoping both delay and distance in locating the body will hamper the evidence. He's a bad man.

MOO

I either read somewhere or just got the feeling that the coworker texted the mom, and mom contacted Beau, then Beau made the report, so maybe he was waiting for someone to notice for whatever reason. I haven’t technically fact checked that, but remember thinking about it very early on.
Thank you @sarawithanh for driving out there. Always appreciate local's perspective. :)

^^sbm

I think 20 yards off the shoulder in a construction zone can be either easily visible or not so visible.

What we know is that JR's body was out there most likely since Monday and BR did not reveal her location until yesterday afternoon -- a full week later.

He could have told investigators where to recover her body on Wednesday when home searched, or when arrested.

This is very typical of a killer hoping both delay and distance in locating the body will hamper the evidence. He's a bad man.

MOO

That seems to be the general consensus and I don’t necessarily disagree.

You’re welcome for me driving out there. I’m familiar with that area. It was so nice out today, and a good excuse to take the dog for an adventure in the park, although that part was sad.

RIP, Jennifer.

And only charged with tampering with evidence!

Jennifer Dulos’s husband and his girlfriend were also charged with evidence tampering, ad well as hindering prosecution, in her disappearance from Connecticut last May. It is my hope that he eventually is charged with the 1st degree murder that he planned. WTH is wrong with these men? Can’t they just get their flippin’ divorce and move on?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back