GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th Judicial DA on Twitter
(1 of 2) A Teller County jury yesterday found Patrick Frazee guilty of the brutal murder of Kelsey Berreth, who was bludgeoned to death in her Woodland Park home on Thanksgiving 2018. The jury found Frazee guilty of all counts, including: 1st Degree Murder-After Deliberation;
7:27 AM - 19 Nov 2019

(2 or 2) 3 counts of Solicitation to commit 1st Degree Murder-After Deliberation; Tampering with a deceased human body. Judge Scott Sells sentenced Frazee to Life in Prison without the possibility of parole, plus 156 years. #2018CR330

PF's life was spared by grace he never deserved and will likely never understand. MOO

Nov 18, 2019 Updated 1 hr ago
Patrick Frazee trial: Rancher gets life term plus 156 years in 'vicious, senseless' murder
[...]

Frazee’s mother, Sheila Frazee, walked straight to her SUV, staring through her windshield and pulling away without responding to requests for comment from a Gazette reporter at her driver's side window.

In the hallway after sentencing, Jennifer Viehman, one of three prosecutors, wiped tears as a crowd swirled around her.

The victim’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, phoned in to Frazee's sentencing, but opted not to speak. But in a searing letter to the court, she said Frazee’s crime robbed her family of a “devoted, caring mother,” and left the couple’s toddler daughter to “call out for mama in the middle of the night.”

[...]

Prosecutors opted in July not to pursue the death penalty against Frazee. On Monday, Cheryl Berreth said that while it would have been "well deserved," her family did not ask for it because they wanted Frazee to seek forgiveness, citing their religious beliefs.

[...]

So true!
She might want to change the hair as it just screams, "Look at me! I'm the haint that hooked up with a complete idiot, believing the unbelievable, driving endless miles to do the unthinkable."

Even folks who don't watch the local news have now seen her on every national network so KK can never hide.

YEP, time to lose that bleach blonde look KK. It really doesn't look good on anyone, especially YOU.

(1 of 2) A Teller County jury yesterday found Patrick Frazee guilty of the brutal murder of Kelsey Berreth, who was bludgeoned to death in her Woodland Park home on Thanksgiving 2018. The jury found Frazee guilty of all counts, including: 1st Degree Murder-After Deliberation;

(2 or 2) 3 counts of Solicitation to commit 1st Degree Murder-After Deliberation; Tampering with a deceased human body. Judge Scott Sells sentenced Frazee to Life in Prison without the possibility of parole, plus 156 years. #2018CR330
Just sitting here this morning thinking on the victory we saw yesterday, Justice for Kelsey and her family!

But I feel a profound sadness as well. @mustloveco 's final pics, the sun setting in Cripple Creek and the flowers and Macchiato she placed on Kelsey's bench at night, brought home the terrible truth of how a bright and beautiful light was taken from her family and the world. Tears of joy yesterday, Tears of sadness this morning :*(

Bless you @mustloveco for doing what you did. A beautiful gesture to remember Kelsey. Those pictures will forever be in my mind and heart. I've never been to WP and surrounding area, but I truly feel I've "been" there thanks to you!

PF's life was spared by grace he never deserved and will likely never understand. MOO

Patrick Frazee trial: Rancher gets life term plus 156 years in 'vicious, senseless' murder
[...]

Frazee’s mother, Sheila Frazee, walked straight to her SUV, staring through her windshield and pulling away without responding to requests for comment from a Gazette reporter at her driver's side window.

In the hallway after sentencing, Jennifer Viehman, one of three prosecutors, wiped tears as a crowd swirled around her.

The victim’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, phoned in to Frazee's sentencing, but opted not to speak. But in a searing letter to the court, she said Frazee’s crime robbed her family of a “devoted, caring mother,” and left the couple’s toddler daughter to “call out for mama in the middle of the night.”

[...]

Prosecutors opted in July not to pursue the death penalty against Frazee. On Monday, Cheryl Berreth said that while it would have been "well deserved," her family did not ask for it because they wanted Frazee to seek forgiveness, citing their religious beliefs.

[...]
:*( Such dignity,and grace through,and through. I have so much respect,and admiration for her. I hope she can feel that, and know the love everyone here at WS has for her,and family. Ya'll know I wouldn't handle things so gracefully, I would be spitting nails,and getting time outs,and bans. What a magnificent Lady she is.

This jury did an outstanding job in this case! They appeared to give their undivided time and interest in paying attention to what was being said. Then, asking for clarification with pictures on points in question.
Way to go!
PF is probably still in denial of his sentence! This judge saw PF for who he is and knew he wasn’t safe on the streets to other people.

Such a shame that he lured Kelsey into his den of deceits!

Kelsey was a beautiful girl with a fascinating wonderful life ahead of her.
May she rest in peace knowing the devil who took her life will never hurt her daughter or family again.

Last edited:
How many of us, do you suppose, are following along on this site? What if each of us sent a letter to the family court in Colorado? Surely Berreth get custody with ease, but wouldn't it be nice if the Judge ruling on adoption, had a massive stack of letters on his or her desk, from people across the country, attesting to the Berreth family's extraordinary grace under the worst of pressures? We can't bring Kelsey back, but we could show her parents that we've each been touched by her story, inspired by her kindness and we want Baby K to know that the world is a good place! #BerrethStrong

MOO
I've thought of the same. At the very least, it would show support for the Berreth family. I am tempted to write one myself.

177.gif
Reposting the Press Conference by DA May & Co. yesterday afternoon:

I found this to be an incredibly powerful and moving presentation.

This thing was word perfect.

Dan May is not just a man of superior intellect.

He's also a man of integrity, character, and compassion.

When Dan got choked up, I felt my own throat constrict.

Kelsey could not have had a more noble champion.

47.gif

Last edited:
I unfortunately couldn't even see her. I was looking all over for her too. I imagine she was in the front though and she's quite short, so probably hard to see.

The sister on the other hand is as tall as PF and would stand out, didn't see her anywhere. Imagine she wasn't there.

There's a lot more I'd love to say about SF, but I will refrain. I'd love to see her in cuffs at some point.

---

I loved when they called PF a sociopath in the presser. Watching him in court for the past couple weeks kind of sealed that for me. When he showed zero emotion even when there was an adorable picture of his daughter on the screen.....about all I needed to know.

I hope he never gets to see another picture of her again.

---

I think Sam has done an excellent job, I hope he covers the Kelsie Schelling case that is going to trial here soon.

BBM sick

177.gif

He's also a man of integrity and character.

47.gif
Yes, I saw it and appreciated the prosecutors answering reporters! I wish I could have heard them work.

One other thing of note that May said in the press conference. A reporter asked if they had taken safety precautions for the people whose names were on PF's hit list. May said, "Absolutely. For those that you've heard about, and those that you haven't heard about... we've notified every single one of them and taken precautions."

I wonder what else they learned.

Wow!

I unfortunately couldn't even see her. I was looking all over for her too. I imagine she was in the front though and she's quite short, so probably hard to see.

The sister on the other hand is as tall as PF and would stand out, didn't see her anywhere. Imagine she wasn't there.

There's a lot more I'd love to say about SF, but I will refrain. I'd love to see her in cuffs at some point.

---

I loved when they called PF a sociopath in the presser. Watching him in court for the past couple weeks kind of sealed that for me. When he showed zero emotion even when there was an adorable picture of his daughter on the screen.....about all I needed to know.

I hope he never gets to see another picture of her again.

---

I think Sam has done an excellent job, I hope he covers the Kelsie Schelling case that is going to trial here soon.
Zero emotion when he saw a pic of his daughter.
Smh

[...]

[...]

[...]
The bolded is making my heart break for Baby K.

Can you imagine such anguish from a grandparent, who's lost her daughter, hearing that from her granddaughter?

That poor baby girl. Calling for her Mama in the middle of the night- she went from two parents raising her, to MaF's with Patrick, then to the Berreth's warm, loving and safe home, which was frightening and confusing her her, being alone. I don't know how well she knew Kelsey's family, but being just a baby, they could have been like strangers to her, where they lived so far away and didn't see her often. She was just barely a year old when Kelsey was killed, and she pretty much only had her parents and MaF in her life, in terms of adults that she trusted.

Hopefully darling Baby K is adjusting well.

GOOD MORNING! Like @AgeofAquaruis , I slept like a baby and woke up feeling much better. Yesterday was a long one for me-- glad you all encouraged me to go, bc I am typically a very shy person.

A few things I didnt get to mention as it was so busy, service was lousy, and I going thru the thread it seems like the site was being slow.

It seemed there were a few folks sitting on SF side outside the courtroom, while she read. Although I have not seen her in person, (just tv, tweets, etc) it appears as though she has lost a lot of weight. Stone cold face still, though. A couple, a man with a beard, and maybe a lawyer. Not sure if they were there with her or not, bc she did not talk to them, but everyone seemed to be far away.

People started getting up and walking toward the courtroom door, circling and waiting. This is when WS started giving me problems. An officer split the crowd to make room for PF coming up. He mustve came thru the elevator, bc all of a sudden I look to my right and he is walking right next to me, noone in between. The same stone-cold squint and purced lips as his mother, in Blue and white striped shirt and his beloved non-khaki jeans, looking straight forward and moving quickly. We were all allowed in shortly thereafter. There werent many non-media people inside the courtroom, maybe 10-15. Quite a few empty seats. My heart was beating so fast, so much of yesterday. I sat three seats in, and could see PF from there. Unsure of where SF sat. Kindof tunnel vision at this point, nervous. As the verdict was read, and the jurors were asked if this was true, it never crossed my mind to look over at PF. I watched every juror say "yes" "yes" "yes" "yes" and I wanted to scream or hug or highfive but it remained quiet and classy as Kelsey and her family always are, and my heart was beating so fast for the victory and justice. The media started getting up and leaving, which I thought meant it was over, so I left too (stupid move, I wouldve loved to be there for victim statements). I went outside and waited with others for PF to come to the side, but as you all saw, they blocked off the view and that was really annoying.

As someone who has a bit of a nail polish addiction (I have a “polish room” in my home with well over 1000 polishes) I am going to paint my nails in honor of Kelsey. And as a big F-U to the Frazee clan.

Does anyone know her favorite color?
Ooo! I think you might be the newest shiny person in my life!
I have a polish drawer, it smells so bad when I open it I about pass out!
I have maybe 30 bottles in there.
A room?
Like your own "me" and my nails?
Go you!
I'm going to keep reading, hopefully we will find out her favorite color!
I'll paint mine as well!
I'd love to see a picture of your room! (If you want to share privately!!)

They should paint JF's nails every week until he dies.
That's the kind of thing that drives a narcissist crazy!
I also wish that Cheryl's SEETHING letter was painted on the walls of cell!
Moo

Last edited:
177.gif

This thing was word perfect.

He's also a man of integrity and character.

47.gif
You know what I loved the most about this team? They let their professional guard down, if you will, and showed human emotion. They let the tears flow without shame. They showed compassion toward Mr. Berreth. Quite refreshing.

They may have won the case, but their hearts tell me this was more than just a case for them.

I am sooo glad that KB didn't fall for this terrible person's stupid games. Kelsey didn't take the coffee, said she would have to check with her fiance before agreeing to a play date, she declined a text to get together for coffee. I know it doesn't change anything, but it just makes me happy she didn't fall into a fake evil "friendship" with Krystal. Her guard was instantly up, she told people at work about the "random lady" weirdo. It didn't change her fate, but for some reason I'm so glad they didn't get that satisfaction too. She was way too good for these lowlifes.

Yes, she would have purposely saved, or "pinned" those pins/posts. The text underneath them tends to just be carried over from other posters before her, but the actual pins/pictures/posts would have been deliberately saved/pinned/posted by her. I don't believe dates are saved anymore on Pinterest. It used to show how long ago something was pinned, but they stopped showing that quite a while ago. I think.

Driving this morning watching the sun rise, I felt more emotional today than I have throughout this. Just sad I guess. Maybe because yesterday there was some kind of well, not totally elation, but a bit, that at least the correct verdict was reached. And relief that the jury got it right. And that Kelsey's family can at least move forward. I don't want to say closure or move on, but they also don't need to live in the worst part of it, or be immersed in the horrific details of this crime every day. I wish them peace and healing and comfort.

At least the trial moved fast, the judge was extra protective, some might argue overly, but in a way that leaves little room for successful appeals. I think the defense did their job, but it doesn't sound like they were overly combative or nasty. And if they were to KK - good.

Sam's fb live will be mainly q & a. Do we have any questions about the case or trial that we are still wondering about?

I have one! Does KK have other trials she has to testify at before her sentencing? If so, what trials? I thought I read this somewhere in here. Confused me at the moment and I wish I would have asked then because now I can't find it. Or maybe I just misunderstood a statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd