GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
Judge Sells, to Patrick Frazee:

“After you beat her, you burned her body like a piece of trash. You solicited Krystal Lee three times to murder her before Thanksgiving of last year, Kelsey was a wonderful mother, a beloved daughter, sister, and accomplished pilot."
12:57 PM - 19 Nov 2019

SBBM
Ironically, and sadly, it is these very attributes IMO which fuelled PF’s hatred of her.

I think KK showed up at KB's condo around 9 pm with her Auntie waiting in the car because she couldn't handle the suspense any longer. KK was curious and wanted to size her up -- she wanted to see her in the flesh. Who was the woman that didn't have to abort PF's child? KK also gave KB her burner phone number for a play-date! That's already just too much evidence to leave a poisoned coffee behind.

MOO
That’s a superb point about the burner phone number.

It wouldn’t make sense to give her a legitimate number if she was going to be dead in the coming hours.

I’ve always thought she was sizing Kelsey up, and figuring out if she could justify actually killing her.

I really think it would be a just punishment for PF to have the walls of his prison cell covered with Kelsey's smiling face. Let him look at it every day and realize that in the end he lost everything.

If it were my daughter who’d been killed by him, I wouldn’t want her picture anywhere near that evil monster ..... but that’s just me

And they did an outstanding job!!!!!!
Yup, and they made their decision quickly. A lot of people had about 3 hours as the deliberation time, and this came in just a half hour over that.

I’m glad they didn’t overthink this, and focus on the meaningless nonsense that the defense tried to focus their attention towards.

Yes, however they are usually forewarned of some potential problems by the State, before they do so.

Jurors are allowed to speak to the press if they want. But if any one of them slips up, and says something awkward or off the cuff, it can result in a big mess. I have seen cases where one juror creates mayhem by inadvertently saying something that gives the defense ammo for an emergency appeal.

If one juror says they were leaning towards Not Guilty, but others convinced him to get onboard---that could suddenly become an issue. The defense can open an inquiry into the matter and say there was intimidation.

If a juror happens to mention something strange they saw or heard at lunchtime--it could suddenly become an 'investigation' and get blown up into a mountain from a molehill.

The jury has to be very careful about what they say. It's fascinating to hear from them though.

Good info on how the jury speaking to the press can really mess things up. I'll be really surprised if we get any interviews with the jurors (unless they decide to do one anonymously with faces blurred/voices altered so they can't be identified). I saw many here posting that the jury was probably laughing at the stupidity of PF's paper towel notes. But if I had been on this jury that info would have completely terrified me. Sure it's ironically comical that PF is so stupid to write out his hit list (and got caught) but it's really not a laughing matter at all. I mean, PF actually got the "hit man" bailed out of jail! Bailing him out showed PF's intent to follow through on those threats to murder all the witnesses. He wasn't just blowing off steam. Imagine if the hit man had actually been a cold blooded murderer with the same mindset as PF? Or if the hit man never came forward at all? LE didn't even know about the notes until the second week of the trial. Who knows if PF solicited more than one prisoner while in jail and the others simply didn't come forward or didn't do anything? I wouldn't put it past PF to try soliciting more murders in the future. And that's got to be a terrifying prospect for all involved in this trial-- the jury included. MOO.

Do I remember this testimony correctly? One of the young ranch hands helped PF lift a silver barrel onto the back of a truck? PF's truck? And this was the last the ranch hand saw of it? But when did PF tell one or both ranch hands that there could be animal bones or elk antlers? Didn't he ask them to dispose of something themselves?

The ranch hand testified that he believed the steel drum held ash from the fire, yes? And we all believe it likely contained ash and remains.... so I've been thinking about that event, that day....if it was PF's truck and he drove away with it, to where did he go? I know, I know, $64,000 question, but we know something now we didn't fully know all along. And that's what a dumb criminal he his. Writing down only the most sensitive stuff. To be preserved forever. MO-ron. So where would a moron go, that LE didn't think of and KK didn't know or tell?

I want her remains found.

Try though he did, that monster didn't succeed in obliterating her because she lives on in that precious baby girl, but still, I want badly for some part of her to be found so they can bury her. They deserve that.

The reason I'm stuck on this is because, if the ranch hands unwittingly removed her remains, surely they recall where they went. Regardless, whoever disposed of the drum, was it disposed of in whole or was it emptied? Is that part of the metal later brought to the recycling center, sadly recommended by the brother?

Is it possible that PF drove that drum to the edge of a ravine and dumped it? Somewhere where it sits today, just waiting to be found? I've been to Colorado. Just as there are deep forests, there are cavernous ridges....

I just want to think maybe he wasn't smart enough to get rid of all the evidence. Maybe he just relocated it....

In the end, at least Berreths have what Kelsey loved most. And she'll have her mommy's smile.

And sometimes, when there's nothing else, that's everything.

Just my thoughts....

Last edited:
Good info on how the jury speaking to the press can really mess things up. I'll be really surprised if we get any interviews with the jurors (unless they decide to do one anonymously with faces blurred/voices altered so they can't be identified). I saw many here posting that the jury was probably laughing at the stupidity of PF's paper towel notes. But if I had been on this jury that info would have completely terrified me. Sure it's ironically comical that PF is so stupid to write out his hit list (and got caught) but it's really not a laughing matter at all. I mean, PF actually got the "hit man" bailed out of jail! Bailing him out showed PF's intent to follow through on those threats to murder all the witnesses. He wasn't just blowing off steam. Imagine if the hit man had actually been a cold blooded murderer with the same mindset as PF? Or if the hit man never came forward at all? LE didn't even know about the notes until the second week of the trial. Who knows if PF solicited more than one prisoner while in jail and the others simply didn't come forward or didn't do anything? I wouldn't put it past PF to try soliciting more murders in the future. And that's got to be a terrifying prospect for all involved in this trial-- the jury included. MOO.
I completely agree. Had there been no attempt at murder solicitation from behind bars, I think we would have heard from a juror or two.

That was a game changer, and I don’t think anyone is going to take the risk of finding their name on a future hit list.

Im so happy the baby is with the B's and I hope that becomes permanent legally soon.

The one thought I cannot shake is how the baby must have called out for "Mom" in the very first few days after the murder and until the B's were finally able to take her with them back to Idaho. The thought of how PF may have treated the baby as she cried for her Mom in those early days after the murder haunts me.

Its just another one of those things that murderers like PF never think through. They just dont care about such things.

I only hope the child crying for her Mum after the murder, is because her Mum isn't around.
Not that she heard her Mum being viciously attacked by the Moron.
But it seems, the child was awake nearby, in a walker, so she probably heard.
This is extremely upsetting, and disgusting that PF stoops so low.
No empathy as stated, a Sociopath, now locked away forever.
MOO.

I really think it would be a just punishment for PF to have the walls of his prison cell covered with Kelsey's smiling face. Let him look at it every day and realize that in the end he lost everything.

I don't believe PF would react to KB's photos whatsoever. He had no reaction to his baby daughter's photo when it was blown up in court in front of him!

No, I agree with the Berreth's. The biggest hurt to PF would be an annual financial hit where he'd be under a court mandate to contribute to KB's scholarship fund for the rest of his life. I believe that would really incite him!

MOO

Haaaaa, I’m going to put this analogy thing to bed.

What I meant, is that the defense helped the prosecution by calling PF “an idiot” on the one hand, and then alluded to the fact that PF would have had to have been an idiot to commit the murder on Thanksgiving.

So they basically said that PF fit the mold of someone who would do that.

“Scoring on your own goal,” is when you help the other team (in soccer), which is what the defense did in helping the prosecution.

@GordianKnot posted a British definition, in which “football” was mentioned. Of course “football” is what we call soccer here.

Which are supposedly whorish to PF. French manicures? I’m not sure how that’s whorish. What a weirdo.

I'm thinking PF looked to SF as the standard-bearer for what constitutes a "ladylike" appearance.

And, how to put this delicately...SF certainly does not appear to be hitting up the salon for a weekly mani/pedi.

JMO.

Last edited:
What's say we wallpaper PF's jail cell with pages and pages and pages of Kelsey's pinterest! If her grieving parents can show mercy to PF, by NOT pushing for the death penalty, if they can leave his life in God hands, if their faith can surpass violence and vengeance, if there's ANY good in that sorry cowboy, maybe after a lifetime plus 156 years, he might be able to reform and repair his heart. Let's give him nothing else to look at but the goodness and truth to which Kelsey subscribed!

I'm assuming he can read.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads