Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember seeing her Tinder profile.

The (first) photo was the black and white selfie one on a slight angle which is a nice, flattering one that gets used a bit by the media.

Her caption was just an English flag emoji.

Pretty common when you're travelling to put that up. Not an especially inspiring profile but plenty of people don't have much information. People in general only put a sentence up and it's a bit light-hearted.

Someone posted this on the Auckland or New Zealand reddit when it was breaking and she was still missing. Made it feel very real and very sad and... really normalised her. It made me feel sad that decent young guys were probably still swiping right on her.
Why? Everyone has their preferences and shouldn't be ashamed of it.

Brookie asked Garavan if the bruises could have been from "love bites" and he agreed.
Garavan said there was no sign of defensive injuries on Grace's body such as abrasions to the neck from resisting.
He told Brookie the pathology evidence suggested Grace had been involved in a consensual sexual act before she died.
But the pathologist said Grace's alcohol consumption could have "very well been a secondary factor in the cause of death".
Brookie said Grace had consumed several cocktails over the course of her date with the accused on the night she died, including two shots of tequila.
However, previously the court heard there was no direct evidence to show who consumed the alcoholic beverages purchased on the night

Grace Millane murder trial: Alcohol 'a likely factor in backpacker's death'

I can’t either, It hasn’t helped the defence in anyway though? It was completely irrelevant and pointless, I’m surprised the police even bothered to take a statement off him never mind call him to give evidence in a murder trial. Wtf

Why? Everyone has their preferences and shouldn't be ashamed of it.

I took this to mean he found it sad that nice young men would be viewing her profile, and wishing to meet her. By which time she had already died, and no-one knew. Quite poignant to think that she could have met any number of nice men who would have found her attractive

Unfortunately, i agree. I have followed this case since the beginning, and most of what has been in court was already out there, so i was so so certain this guy was a complete psychopath who was guilty as sin of murder of sweet Grace. Unfortunately the facts that have come out today really have made me question what I thought I knew....

If he is found not guilty of murder is it a given he is guilty of manslaughter? Or before trial was it the prosecution could either try for one or the other? Can new charged be added for disposal of the body, hiding evidence, lying in original interviews etc?

My understanding is yes if he is found not guilty of murder then a manslaughter charge will be laid. And I believe he could be also charged with perverting the course of justice??? Thoughts?

Oh my god . Another one that’s completely irrelevant? What the hell are they doing???

Trying to make it look like they have a case/ evidence??.....

That's my only guess. You can't really plead not guilty and then go on trial and say "I have no evidence", can you? But this basically looks like they have no evidence. They paid good money for that PI too. They had to at least put him on display. Imagine how much that cost to send him to the UK. To collect..... nothing. I'd have joined FetLife for a few hundred bucks

Whoa if this is the defense’s last witnesses they are not exactly going out in a blaze of glory.

The only witness they put on that had any substance IMO was the forensic pathologist injecting some doubt about the potential interaction of neck pressure and blood alcohol content. He should have gone last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong