PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ and I have dug into the financials quite a bit. I actually paid to get a copy. I think there is a link to it somewhere in these threads. I had it reviewed by an accountant working at my company that was studying forensic accounting and she commented that it was very curious and did not make sense given RFG's income. I have been to the exact spot that RFG stood in Lewisburg during essentially the same conditions. I have driven all the roads around the park and on the far side of the river. I walked the bridge end to end. Just trying to find time to perform a couple of forensic experiments to nail down how the laptop was deposited in the river. The quarry operation on the far side of the river is quite interesting to me as it would be an ideal place to dispose of remains. Any woods deep enough to ensure RFG would not be disturbed during a suicide or discovered after the fact are quite a walk. There would have been easier places to perform the act. Some folks discount the laptop, I happen to think it is the key to his motivation and means.

If this was voluntary, the laptop could have contained the "second set of books", so to speak.

If this was voluntary, the laptop could have contained the "second set of books", so to speak.

That is one potential scenario Paul. It also could have contained something that RFG never wanted to see the light of day as it would have been legacy damaging (and that could be any number of things).

As there have been some slight disagreements between us regarding how the laptop and drive got in the river, I am getting access to a mini to see how far and high a tall person can reach out of a mini, and if they could have successfully tossed the laptop over the barrier coming towards Lewisburg from the far side of the river, or if a second person would have been needed. The other test is to see if either or both items could have been tossed from the park edge near the bridge.

The one thing that is very clear, RFG wanted that laptop and it's contents gone...at least long enough to destroy the data on the drive. The computer search, the wipe software, disassembling the drive from the computer and tossing them in the river is pretty much undeniable. And you can add the trip to Raystown Lake to that...unless he dumped something else there that has yet to be discovered.

Maybe it was mentioned in a previous post as I have only skimmed through. Didn't someone a few years back claim to know where RFG was buried? What ever became of that claim?

Maybe it was mentioned in a previous post as I have only skimmed through. Didn't someone a few years back claim to know where RFG was buried? What ever became of that claim?

There wan an inmate that claimed he knew where the body was; it was supposedly in a mineshaft. One source gave the source as a town in Montco that didn't exist. The town existed in another county, but the sole mineshaft had been under water since about 1900. It has been discounted.

J.J. Did RFG's mini have a sun roof/moon roof? I don't remember.

J.J. Did RFG's mini have a sun roof/moon roof? I don't remember.

From what I can tell from a photo, no.

My, now down, car has one, but it would be more difficult to toss it from there than from a window. BTW: if anyone wants the car was driving on 4/15/05, it yours, dirt cheap. It threw a rod about a month ago and I'm in the process of getting another vehicle. :)

From what I can tell from a photo, no.

My, now down, car has one, but it would be more difficult to toss it from there than from a window. BTW: if anyone wants the car was driving on 4/15/05, it yours, dirt cheap. It threw a rod about a month ago and I'm in the process of getting another vehicle. :)

This would allow you to join me for tactical operations :)

Attachments

• Flyer.jpg
    Flyer.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 18
I'll fly to PA and drive a Mini Cooper to Lewisburg from the nearest Mini dealer if anyone wants to do the experiment of the laptop toss. Or I'll pay one of you guys Tracker or J.J., to rent one or borrow one from a friend.

It's been talked about for several years. So has " everything else".. May or may not be that significant but don't you think we need to at least see? Just go to a BMW/ Mini dealer and SIT in the car. Legroom is really impressive. Not sure what this does to the center of gravity and ability to throw things out but the car does not " fit" like an economy sized sporty car. These were in Europe for many years before they started exporting them here, and I believe they really worked out the design in the front seats for both driver and passenger extremely well.

I don't know what else can be done to advance progression on the case, but I'm putting my money where my month is, so to speak. IF he's alive, he's elderly. I'd really like to know how he is or how he died if possible, in my lifetime.

Best to all who, like me, cannot forget this missing D.A., no matter what.

Jana, I have a friend who has a Mini here at work, so when I have a moment (I have been swamped with work and travel) I will see how far I can lean out the passenger window from the driver seat with a laptop and how high I can reach. J.J already established the approximate height of the barrier in one photograph.

Good to see you post, Jana.

The barrier is 30"-32". The bottom edge of the window well of a Mini is in excess of 40".

Jana, I have a friend who has a Mini here at work, so when I have a moment (I have been swamped with work and travel) I will see how far I can lean out the passenger window from the driver seat with a laptop and how high I can reach. J.J already established the approximate height of the barrier in one photograph.

That's great Tracker! I had thought you were going to need to rent one. Some people change cars every year or two, so I hope you can grab the owner and go for a ride to Lewisburg before too long.
I hope it's a pleasant little jaunt for you. The cars are truly fun!! :)

Good to see you post, Jana.

The barrier is 30"-32". The bottom edge of the window well of a Mini is in excess of 40".

Thanks, J.J.
I've started getting this very sad " vibe", shall we say, about Ray's case, not the disappearance, no, but a feeling that he's no longer alive... This is a new feeling, and it's unsettling.
I haven't come here as often because of it.

Still and all, if deceased, he deserves a dignified burial and a memorial, IMO, if it is possible.

Hoping 2020 will be THE year.
Referencing 20/20 Vision. I suppose, but still hoping we'll find out things so long hidden.

Well, there are really only 2 options. 1. He's dead. So where is his body? Probably just a few bones left if anything. 2. He walked away voluntarily. So where is he? How is he living? And how dare he leave his daughter behind to suffer.

Well, there are really only 2 options. 1. He's dead. So where is his body? Probably just a few bones left if anything. 2. He walked away voluntarily. So where is he? How is he living? And how dare he leave his daughter behind to suffer.

He left his daughter his pension benefit, so I would not see too much bad in that.

Aside from his pension, there was really no money left; that could be money he living on. One place when he could be living is Slovenia, his ancestral home. He had visited the county, had relatives there, and was eligible for citizenship.

what happened to his money? ( it really is weird isn't it?). his house was just meh..I mean what did he do with his money? doesn't look like he was spending it, so where is it?
Id love to see what a money person would think about Rays income/ combined income etc..

very odd for the DA to leave empty coffers.( I sense a second mystery in the money angle of this story) mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle