VA VA - Rawley Springs, WhtFem 20-30, 568UFVA, poss seamstress, 1964 coin, Heart-shaped nklace, Nov'80

Is Vicki Hollar on the rule outs list?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
She went missing from Oregon in 1973, but her car was never recovered. She worked as a seamstress and was wearing a dress when she went missing. She had plans to attend a party later that evening but was never seen again after she left work.

Vicki Hollar has been excluded, according to NamUs.

What about Patricia Jane Wagner? Not many details available except:
  • Disappeared in October 1972 while on a date in Jersey City
  • Was 26-y-o at time of disappearance (b. ~1946)
  • Height: 5'3" Weight 120 lbs.
  • Gave birth to at least one child (possibly two)
NaMus
Charley Project

Attachments

• wagner_patricia.jpg
    wagner_patricia.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 9
568UFVA4.jpg
568UFVA5.jpg
568UFVA6.jpg
568UFVA.jpg
568UFVA1.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim by the FBI

Date of Discovery: November 14, 1980
Location of Discovery: Rawley Springs, Rockingham County, Virginia
Estimated Date of Death: 1964-1979
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Suspected homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0-5'5"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Probably at least one prior childbirth.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Some restorations present. Dental work suggests that the person could have possibly been a seamstress. She could have possibly been a hairdresser, or possibly had some type of habit where she kept a bobby pin or pins in between her teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A silk slip, possible white stockings, garter straps.
Jewelry: Heart-shaped necklace.
Additional Personal Items: A 1964 coin.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in a secluded wooded area, in the George Washington National Forest, off of Virginia Route 33 in Rockingham County, Virginia. The body was partially in a grave, and it was apparent that there was foul play involved.

This route is not a normal trucking route and runs through this county into West Virginia.

In 2008, the daughter of Georgia Nolan believed this woman was her mother after viewing the reconstructions produced. Nolan was later ruled out as being the victim.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Western District Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Amy Tharp or Paul Yoakam
Agency Phone Number: 540-561-6615 (Tharp) or 757-683-8366 (Yoakam)
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: W1980-37420

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 6249

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Washington Times
West Virginia State Police
568UFVA

The little bit I could find online about garters indicated that around the 1960s, most women had made the transition to all in one pantyhose. Most of the women I can find that did not do so lacked the physique (hips/rear) to hold up pantyhose. The other possibility is that to the extent they've been worn more recently, they're more of an item for the bedroom/special occasions. Based on this and the coin, I think it's very possible that we are looking for someone who went missing at the earlier end of this time frame (mid to late sixties) versus 1979.

The white stockings and time frame (dating back to possibly 1964, according to the date on the coin next to her) lead me to think maybe she was a nurse. Maybe used hairpins to hold her hair up.

I searched for missing nurses in that area between 1960 and 1980, there were a few, but have all been IDd as far as I can see. So maybe she was from out of state?

The little bit I could find online about garters indicated that around the 1960s, most women had made the transition to all in one pantyhose. Most of the women I can find that did not do so lacked the physique (hips/rear) to hold up pantyhose. The other possibility is that to the extent they've been worn more recently, they're more of an item for the bedroom/special occasions. Based on this and the coin, I think it's very possible that we are looking for someone who went missing at the earlier end of this time frame (mid to late sixties) versus 1979.

I can confirm the timing. When I was in junior high around 1967-68, we were wearing stockings with garters (usually with a girdle, ouch). By the time I graduated high school in 1970, we were all wearing pantyhose--miniskirts and garter belts are not a good combination for anything but a burlesque show :D

White stockings were in style in the late 60's.

Am I totally confused I thought this woman was identified , I must be confusing it with someone else , I thought she is the girl from Bolivia or Colombia that was a secretary having an affair with her boss ? does any one know what I speak of ?

Am I totally confused I thought this woman was identified , I must be confusing it with someone else , I thought she is the girl from Bolivia or Colombia that was a secretary having an affair with her boss ? does any one know what I speak of ?
You're thinking of the murder of Reyna Marroquin, who was a different Jane Doe.
Murder of Reyna Marroquín - Wikipedia

Vicki Hollar has been excluded, according to NamUs.

What about Patricia Jane Wagner? Not many details available except:
  • Disappeared in October 1972 while on a date in Jersey City
  • Was 26-y-o at time of disappearance (b. ~1946)
  • Height: 5'3" Weight 120 lbs.
  • Gave birth to at least one child (possibly two)
NaMus
Charley Project
I was wondering about her too.Any undates?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back