Found Deceased MI - Kristin Gromoske, 17, Menominee, 8 Nov 2019

She was last seen on November 8 at 7:15PM, going out for an evening.

She was next heard from on November 9 at 8:04AM, the phone then went dead.

Could be suicide, but not looking like that. Could be abduction, in which case it becomes more interesting where she was between 7:15PM and 8:04 the following morning.

Has anyone come forward as having contact with her during that time?

I don't know anything about Kristen, but I'm ready to rule out suicide. Presumably police have kept an eye downstream of the interstate bridge for bodies, and looked around where she was last seen.

If this suicide search has not led to answers, then it is more likely that she was at the Stateline Mimi Mart, she had a bag of groceries, she made a phone call and said that she did not know where she was, and poof. She was gone and her phone was turned off.

Where was she during the night of Nov 8/9? Can her friends at least come forward and state that she was not with them? This much helps to un-muddy where she was during the night before she vanished.

Update:
Menominee City Police Department
On 11/19/19 at 3:00 pm the Menominee Police Dept. in conjunction with the Michigan DNR, the Wisconsin DNR, the Marinette County Sheriff’s Dept., and the Marinette City Police Dept. conducted a search of the waters near Stephenson Island. The body of missing 17 year old Kristin Hope Gromoske of Menominee, MI was located. This incident is currently under investigation. More information will be forthcoming.

Update:
On 11/19/19 at 3:00 pm the Menominee Police Dept. in conjunction with the Michigan DNR, the Wisconsin DNR, the Marinette County Sheriff’s Dept., and the Marinette City Police Dept. conducted a search of the waters near Stephenson Island. The body of missing 17 year old Kristin Hope Gromoske of Menominee, MI was located. This incident is currently under investigation. More information will be forthcoming.

:(

Body of missing Menominee, Michigan teen found
Body of missing Menominee, Michigan teen found
MENOMINEE, Mich. (WLUK) -- Police in Upper Michigan say they found the body of a missing teen.
Menominee County authorities say 17-year-old Kristin Hope Gronoske was last seen on Nov. 8 on 1st Street.
On Tuesday, she was found deceased during a search of the waters near Stephenson Island.
The incident remains under investigation.
More details are expected to be released later.

"On 11/19/19 at 3:00 pm the Menominee Police Dept. in conjunction with the Michigan DNR, the Wisconsin DNR, the Marinette County Sheriff’s Dept., and the Marinette City Police Dept. conducted a search of the waters near Stephenson Island. The body of missing 17 year old Kristin Hope Gromoske of Menominee, MI was located. This incident is currently under investigation. More information will be forthcoming."

She has been found
RIP Kristin

J@cknsal1y, which side of the bridge did you see the police car? Was it to the right or left of the bridge in the map I posted?

J@cknsal1y, which side of the bridge did you see the police car? Was it to the right or left of the bridge in the map I posted?
I would say right about where I put the blue dot. It was parked in a parking lot that is used for The park or functions at Stephenson island. It is on the opposite side of the road as state line, and it is on the marinette end of the bridge, right before the bridge begins. Officer was walking on that side of the bridge, on the marinette part walking toward marinette, more than halfway to the marinette end of the bridge.

Attachments

• 822D5678-62C8-4FF1-88D0-A36646FC5ED5.jpeg
    822D5678-62C8-4FF1-88D0-A36646FC5ED5.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 35
I would say right about where I put the blue dot. It was parked in a parking lot that is used for The park or functions at Stephenson island. It is on the opposite side of the road as state line, and it is on the marinette end of the bridge, right before the bridge begins. Officer was walking on that side of the bridge, on the marinette part walking toward marinette, more than halfway to the marinette end of the bridge.

Thank you! It is interesting that initial reports were that they did not believe she went under the bridge, but that is the general area where she is found. I guess that means they discounted the idea without looking.

As with the other day, I have no idea if this is related. I just ran to kwik trip in Marinette & was thinking on the way wow I’ve seen way more police out than normal today. Well kwik trip has at least 15 state (wi) police cars parked surrounding the parking lot (& in parking spaces as well as at some of the gas pumps) & there were a bunch of officers inside when I went in. It just looked like they were grabbing lunch, but I thought it was interesting. Also there was a police car parked at the exit of Stephenson island when I went over the bridge. Just looked like he was out to check for speeders (bridge speed limit is 35 & after the bridge it goes down to 25), but after seeing all these state police, maybe not. There are also a few black unmarked (but obviously some type of official) SUVs parked in between some of the state police cars here. we have not heard any details on if they suspect suicide or foul play.

As with the other day, I have no idea if this is related. I just ran to kwik trip in Marinette & was thinking on the way wow I’ve seen way more police out than normal today. Well kwik trip has at least 15 state (wi) police cars parked surrounding the parking lot (& in parking spaces as well as at some of the gas pumps) & there were a bunch of officers inside when I went in. It just looked like they were grabbing lunch, but I thought it was interesting. Also there was a police car parked at the exit of Stephenson island when I went over the bridge. Just looked like he was out to check for speeders (bridge speed limit is 35 & after the bridge it goes down to 25), but after seeing all these state police, maybe not. There are also a few black unmarked (but obviously some type of official) SUVs parked in between some of the state police cars here. we have not heard any details on if they suspect suicide or foul play.

I hope the investigation is thorough. I'm curious about toxicology results and hypothermia.

I don’t think police Mentioned above were related To Kristin. VP Pence is apparently in town today visiting Marinette Marine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back