OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wagners smart? Ha! They make and live by their own "outlander" laws. If they couldn't have Hanna no one could.
Well on death row (if convicted) they can think about how now they don't have anyone. There is only one woman on Ohio's death row and she is kept out of the general prison population.

Angela has years to contemplate this before her trial. Her arrogance (recorded and to a degree mentioned in court) during her forbidden phone conversations with her mother, show to me, astounding arrogance and an OBSESSIVE NEED TO CONTROL HER FAMILY DELIBERATELY IGNORING JUDGE DEERING'S C LEAR INSTRUCTIONS TO NOT TALK TO HER FAMILY---this is Angela Wagner uncovered...2 Cents......

November 20 - January 20 the phone calls between Rita and Angela are all about how they can't talk to each other.

First call November 20:

Miranda (sp?) Chris Newcome's girlfriend,
answers Angela's phone call and tells her, yes, Rita is home. Angela says she " wants to talk to Rita and tell her hi real quick" but Miranda says that "Rita is not allowed to talk to her."

Miranda then hands the phone over to Granny Beesler (Rita's mom) Rita shouts in the background "we are trying to get her to talk!" Angela says " absolutely not! Do not talk to Granny Beesler! "
(I have no idea why she said this, must be in regards to something that happened previously? Or Angela is mad that Miranda won't put Rita on the phone?)

November 28:

Rita hands phone off to Granny and Granny asks Angela if she wants to talk to Rita, Angela says "no I'm not allowed, we can't talk about the case. "

December 8:

Chris puts on the speaker phone and allows Angela and Jake to have a conversation.

December 28:

Angela says "the only people I'm not allowed to talk to is Billy, George, Jake, Rita and Freddie."

January 10:

Rita gets back from her pre-trial and Angie calls and Rita tells her that "in Court today she was told she couldn't talk to anybody"

January 18:

Granny and Angela are on the phone together and Granny tells Angela that Rita wants to get on the phone with her and tell her she loves her. Angela says "she's not allowed to do that."
Angela then asks granny how "Billy is doing" and says "she knows she can't pass messages to him and Jake and George but they can't begrudge her wanting to know how everyone's doing."
Angela tells Granny that Rita "sent her a letter" and that "she knows they aren't allowed to write each other or talk about the case. "

January 19:

Angela says "she received a written Court Summary telling her she's not allowed to talk to them. "

June - July
There are 11 phone calls where they start talking more:

Angie and Rita use/take advantage of Granny by putting her in the middle, now every time Angela calls she asks Granny to put Rita on the phone or Rita tells Granny to give her the phone.

June or July
Rita says "I know I'm not suppose to talk about this on here but," she then asks " where are the Custody Documents located? " Angela answers Rita that "there is a plastic tub with the words important stuff written on it and inside are the Custody Documents. "

Angela talks about the "date at the bottom of the document--April 2016--that this is when the documents were printed out" and she says she "copied it over and there are things her attorney is looking for." Rita tells her attorney about the tub of Custody Documents and her attorney wants them and files a Discovery Motion and brings up this subject in Court.

June or July:
Rita and Angela discuss the Case and Angela gives Rita certain "buzz words to use if Rita takes the stand to testify."Angela says "she thinks that will work to explain the Custody Documents."
Rita says she "hopes she doesn't go to jail, that she needs to get off the phone, she doesn't want to get into trouble for talking."

June or July:
Angela says "let me tell you what my attorney said, I'm probably not suppose to say this on here but here's what he said to me." Angela goes on to tell Rita the "theories her attorney has for the case that she can use in her trial. "

June or July:
Angie discusses "case strategy, what to say in court and what not to say." And she discusses with Rita "whether or not they should testify at their trials. "

Pardon me for bringing this forward, but is there a link for this transcript? Thanks! It sounds interesting, but I wasn't aware the transcripts of those phone calls were made public before now. TIA

Pardon me for bringing this forward, but is there a link for this transcript? Thanks! It sounds interesting, but I wasn't aware the transcripts of those phone calls were made public before now. TIA
I would like to see the link as well, I haven’t seen any transcripts either. So interesting!

Charles Reader cry like a small kid at what he had seen in the trailers, it was monster that killed the Rhodens and Gilley, JMO

I agree 100 percent. I can't imagine what Reader, first responders, other LE, and the R and G families have to live with concerning all that they saw and processed, and possibly heard via surveillance.

I've seen the transcripts before too. I can't recall where. Really hoping someone can provide a link.

Yes, I think you got it right. The defense caused the delay by dumping a very large interview file on the prosecution just a few days before the trial was scheduled to begin. This information was requested by the prosecution 5 months ago. The defense held out til the last minute either out of spite or because they're having problems with their case. The prosecution's introduction of audio files a couple months ago of RN and AW discussing the case via phone had to have been devastating to RN's case. No doubt a lot of incriminating evidence was gathered.

Same with adding Reader and others to the wit

First, it doesn't sound like Gerlach is doing his client any favors. He's still giving the appearance of being rude, vindictive and mean, for lack of a better word. AC has a way of calming him down and being friendly. Assume that's what she did to get him to meet in court to work things out.

Does anyone know which evidence files were dropped on Gerlach by AC on November 9? He refers to them in the article.
I agree 100 percent. I can't imagine what Reader, first responders, other LE, and the R and G families have to live with concerning all that they saw and processed, and possibly heard via surveillance.

Those had to be a horrific scenes to those first responders from that area that never see things like that... I can't imagine...

Jmo Reader was very concerned with the three little ones that were there that night, we all agree on that. But What I don’t understand is why would the WAgners go back months later and harm those three? What would be the benefit of it? If reader thought at the time it was Wagner’s what made him think the Wagner’s would harm 3 babies months later? Jmo
Duplicate

Those had to be a horrific scenes to those first responders from that area that never see things like that... I can't imagine...
Why would the judge keep wanting to protect the people under indictment? If Judge Deering would have done his job when AW and BW was out getting into trouble this murders might not have happened, just saying it is a proven fact that the Wagners family has been before Judge Deering and County Attorney Junk in the past and still walks free, how many times has FW had people evicted from homes and used Pike Country Court System to do her dirty works, or to charge an interest rate that Never Heard Of, just saying, something is not right, every time the State ask for something it’s turned down

Yes! why make it such a big freak'in deal? Oh I know-- because they can! I am at a loss for words at this point on this subject....Time to pack up and buy a plot of land in Alaska!

I hear there may be some land in Alaska that will be available soon and you could probably get it for practically nothing. (Wink)

Gerlach is not being paid by taxpayers. Rita Newcomb is not indigent, nor is she one of the 4 who are indigent and have court-appointed attorneys. JMO based solely on the journal entries in her court case.

‘IMO it should not matter whether he is paid by the defendant or taxpayers. There are court rules for both sides regarding sharing information in a timely manner and to whom they must be shared, regardless of the distance between offices. Defenders (unless Defendant is indigent) get paid more than prosecutors and it would only cost him $50-$60 for a currier OR it could have been delivered electronically to the team and originals hand delivered to main prosecutor. IMO, it was a delay tactic, not a logistical one. Remember, the state has the request for reciprocal discovery on the bottom of each of her motions (copies are already in our timeline).

I transcribed it myself by painstakingly listening to part one of Rita's revocation hearing. I wrote it word for word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288