CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failed drone attempt.. This is the beginning of the walk from the Highway and the drone is supposed to follow me.. But it gets a mind of its own and wont..
You can see how sparse the area is from overhead..
The rocks at the base of the mountains 1/2 mile ahead is where RT said he lost sight of BT
I supplied pics and video of that area already..

Last edited:
I've never been in a desert but just looking at your first video it does seem there are some huge landmarks to keep your bearings by. I imagined it to be just flat arid land with cacti and nothing to distinguish one area from another.
It's hard to imagine that someone who is used to hiking in these areas could get completely lost out there in 5 or 10 minutes.

I am not fishing for compliments but I want to say Thank You for all that have..

The purpose of going there was to give family members in Indiana and Hong Kong a look at the environment that Barbara went missing in. Because LE is silent, To verify facts if possible so as to help family to make decisions on how to move forward.

I am not a detective, Just trying to help in some small way.

Where is Barbara ? I would start looking in other possible locations because she is not at this one.

jmho

Google Maps

Highway 95 just past Needles off Highway 40 heading for Las Vegas as RT mentioned

Yes, It is time to look elsewhere, time to sleuth other possible locations.Much time has been spent searching only here.
Your pictures and video has helped seal that for me and others.I hope LE is looking into other search areas.
They should start closer to home and surrounding areas and along the route from home to this location.

Last edited:
I’ll echo what all the others have said - your pics and point of view were invaluable to all of us who have followed this case so closely and wanted to understand exactly what that terrain was like. Since she’s not located there, and we can’t sleuth RT, we are lost without future updates from LE.

I would start with Lake Mohave closer to home and even Lake Meade area near Las Vegas.Sometimes when giving misinformation small truths come out.
There is a great deal of recreational area to cover and I am sure searches in areas without any evidence would be costly so the only way she might be found is if stumbled upon by hikers/hunters and/or uncovered by animals.

Last edited:
I would start with Lake Mohave closer to home and even Lake Meade area near Las Vegas.Sometimes when giving misinformation small truths come out.
There is a great deal of recreational area to cover and I am sure searches in areas without any evidence would be costly so the only way she might be found is if stumbled upon by hikers/hunters and/or uncovered by animals.
I might start in Needles near the convenience store where they stopped for ice. MOO

I might start in Needles near the convenience store where they stopped for ice. MOO
Good place. I have not followed this case very closely because I never believed she disappeared at that location.I am now going back to the beginning looking over media posts.Many of you who have followed more than I would have better ideas of alternate search locations.

@cazador ... thank you for all your effort in traveling to the scene and photographing and video recording the area. Did you investigate the "Primitive Campsite"?:
Google Maps

Would you be willing to don a bikini, a little red and white cap and indulge in a beer as 'undercover' and then walk across Kelbaker toward the turnout? Not that you'd be bait or anything..... okay, you'd be bait.

Imagine the perp's would-be delight in having happened across *two* BCBC'W' while driving through desert lands....

@cazador Thank you SO MUCH for the effort and tenaciousness you have put forth in going out there and being a first-hand observer on behalf of Barbara, those who loved her, and all of us here who have very much come to be concerned about her whereabouts.

Your invaluable pictures and accounts of the terrain and your perspective only confirm what many of us believe - that her getting lost in that location in the manner described in the time given and NOT being found by professional, experienced search teams who were out there for 9 days is extremely unlikely.

Thank you again for all you did and continue to do.

Go to post 296 Look at image rtrock2 and look out in the distance between the rocks. There is a motorhome parked in the asphalt area. Completely visible from where RT last had eyes on BT ... The dirt road leading back to the Hidden Hills turnout where the 5th wheel was parked is not a straight road. So you do lose sight of a person walking back to the road.

I had to cut my images down to 25 % to load them on Websleuths site. At full view the asphalt pullout is quite evident.

The work you have done! Incredible. I hope LE sees this - the images make so many things very plain now. MOO

There is so much open space in that area. Really endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member