CA CA - Los Angeles, AsianFem UP3384, 18-30, burned in MVA, Nov'99

I checked for "females" listed as "Asian" in Canada's MPs. No leads matching the timeframe. I've also combed interpol's website for missing person's in Asian countries, no leads there either. JMO (Saving someone some trouble)

Bumping, only one Asian female has been listed on Namus since this thread was last updated as missing before end of 1999. 7 months before this UID was found and in LA but way out of the age /weight range.
Still nothing on Interpol but what it made me wonder is doenet says no dna for the UID and Namus says there is but its still a zero star profile. Is that to do with the type of DNA they hold? Or doenet say no as they personally do not have it on record?

Ok, I'm breaking silence. I'm the "local woman" from the article a moderator posted about on the first page. I ask you all to not look for the article, which Google has thankfully buried, because I don't want my name associated with this post.

The reason you guys cannot find anything out about this case is that almost nothing of it exists on the internet. For whatever reason, this case received very minimal press - it was not even mentioned in the Los Angeles Times. The Department of Coroner has most of the case file on this Jane. She died in an accident on the 101 freeway, but the California Highway Patrol has since destroyed all papers on the file. The DMV has also destroyed most documents related to the Galant, the car she died in. So this is very precarious.

The reason the car cannot be traced to the Jane Doe is because the owner claims to have not owned the car and says he has no idea who she is, and that story has not been properly verified. A domestic missing persons report to match Jane Doe has never been located, although I did locate a missing persons report in Korea that is very close.

I have been very, very quiet about this because it is very delicate. It's hard to investigate something like this as a member of the public. People assume you want attention. The last thing I want is attention. Doing that interview was probably a mistake, but they offered a Korean speaking translator that I needed - that was the first time I tried to do the interview with the owner of the car, but it did not resolve. That was almost four years ago.

However, I've reached a bit of a problem. The Cororner's office is overloaded, and despite Inv. Machian telling me my data I've turned in to him is valid and it warrants a new visit to the man who owned the car, he has not done so in three years. I get it. He's working triple case loads. But Jane's case is running out of time. Combined with the documents being destroyed and the persons of interest reaching senior years, the interviews need to get done now.

I have been speaking with a Korean-speaking police officer who works as a PI. The PI firm has an excellent reputation. There are not very many Korean speaking PIs in LA, oddly enough, especially ex-cops, so I don't have a lot of options. They are requiring a $1200 retainer, and the unused portion will be refunded. I can't really afford this right now. I don't know how to crowdsource this without attracting the attention of wildcards on the internet, and I was hoping you guys had suggestions.

I'd be happy to provide any details to the moderators if they would let me do a , but the most intimate details of this case are going to stay with me. I will say though, her death was instant. Jane was not wearing her seatbelt, and died of a broken neck as a result of the collision. She was dead before the fire and did not suffer.

Ok, I'm breaking silence. I'm the "local woman" from the article a moderator posted about on the first page. I ask you all to not look for the article, which Google has thankfully buried, because I don't want my name associated with this post.

The reason you guys cannot find anything out about this case is that almost nothing of it exists on the internet. For whatever reason, this case received very minimal press - it was not even mentioned in the Los Angeles Times. The Department of Coroner has most of the case file on this Jane. She died in an accident on the 101 freeway, but the California Highway Patrol has since destroyed all papers on the file. The DMV has also destroyed most documents related to the Galant, the car she died in. So this is very precarious.

The reason the car cannot be traced to the Jane Doe is because the owner claims to have not owned the car and says he has no idea who she is, and that story has not been properly verified. A domestic missing persons report to match Jane Doe has never been located, although I did locate a missing persons report in Korea that is very close.

I have been very, very quiet about this because it is very delicate. It's hard to investigate something like this as a member of the public. People assume you want attention. The last thing I want is attention. Doing that interview was probably a mistake, but they offered a Korean speaking translator that I needed - that was the first time I tried to do the interview with the owner of the car, but it did not resolve. That was almost four years ago.

However, I've reached a bit of a problem. The Cororner's office is overloaded, and despite Inv. Machian telling me my data I've turned in to him is valid and it warrants a new visit to the man who owned the car, he has not done so in three years. I get it. He's working triple case loads. But Jane's case is running out of time. Combined with the documents being destroyed and the persons of interest reaching senior years, the interviews need to get done now.

I have been speaking with a Korean-speaking police officer who works as a PI. The PI firm has an excellent reputation. There are not very many Korean speaking PIs in LA, oddly enough, especially ex-cops, so I don't have a lot of options. They are requiring a $1200 retainer, and the unused portion will be refunded. I can't really afford this right now. I don't know how to crowdsource this without attracting the attention of wildcards on the internet, and I was hoping you guys had suggestions.

I'd be happy to provide any details to the moderators if they would let me do a , but the most intimate details of this case are going to stay with me. I will say though, her death was instant. Jane was not wearing her seatbelt, and died of a broken neck as a result of the collision. She was dead before the fire and did not suffer.

Thank you for your dedication to helping solve this mystery, question... I find it odd that they say in the article that he and his daughter have no clue about this vehicle when it was registered and I assume paid for the registration before it lapsed 4 months before this accident. Why lie to investigators when that could be proven?

Thank you for this update.

I really feel if you direct the towards the Korean community in LA you will find sympathetic people. I have worked for Koreans and found them to be very warm and sincere, very loving people.

I wish I could help but my current state of finances are not so good.

Please persist in this effort. Bless you.

Thank you for your dedication to helping solve this mystery, question... I find it odd that they say in the article that he and his daughter have no clue about this vehicle when it was registered and I assume paid for the registration before it lapsed 4 months before this accident. Why lie to investigators when that could be proven?

Thank you for the kind words. Sigh, you did look at the article. Fabulous.

Well, the registration is an interesting issue. Although the car owner (we'll call him Bob) has claimed it was not his car, there is not any data in the case to provide this was verified. Bob only owned the car for a year and some months before the accident, and it was purchased used from someone who had it for less than a month. That person, Sam, also lived in the area. There are zero records of the Coroner talking to Sam to confirm selling it to Bob. Also, when you sell a car in California, you have to fill out a piece of paper essentially stating that Sam is no longer liable for anything that happens regarding the vehicle and that it's all on Bob now. Both parties have to sign it. So combined with that, and the actual vehicle transfer paperwork, the state should have had lots of documentation involving Bob's handwriting and signature.
The Dept of Coroner could have asked Bob for comparison handwriting, or they could have asked his landlord for a copy of his rental agreement, checked his application for an acupuncture license, checked the paperwork for the DBA Bob filed not long after, or checked his paperwork processed for legal immigration. Why none of this appears to have been done, I don't know.
Also, none of the paperwork from the DMV was copied and kept in the file.

By tradition you wear the claddagh facing either up or down, one way means the person is in a relationship and the other way means that they are single. Sometimes they are used as engagement rings and the like because of this symbolism.

By tradition you wear the claddagh facing either up or down, one way means the person is in a relationship and the other way means that they are single. Sometimes they are used as engagement rings and the like because of this symbolism.
I was thinking this, too. I wonder if it means she was in a relationship with someone of Irish descent. I used to date an Irish-American guy and he gave me a claddagh ring that I would wear (even though I do not have an Irish background). Does car owner "Bob" happen to be Irish-American?
Although there's always the possibility that she just got the ring because she (or whoever gave it to her) thought it was pretty and they didn't necessarily know the meaning behind it.

I was thinking this, too. I wonder if it means she was in a relationship with someone of Irish descent. I used to date an Irish-American guy and he gave me a claddagh ring that I would wear (even though I do not have an Irish background). Does car owner "Bob" happen to be Irish-American?
Although there's always the possibility that she just got the ring because she (or whoever gave it to her) thought it was pretty and they didn't necessarily know the meaning behind it.

I don't know how popular that they are. The only reason i know as much as i do is from a relationship with an Irish girl from years ago.

This part seems so weird to me:

Authorities were not able to identify her through the car's license plates because the registered owner had sold the car a few months prior and there was no current information about the car buyer. Additionally, the new owner never updated their information with the Department of Motor Vehicles, according to officials.​

The seller sold the car with the license plates on it? Why didn’t they update the car’s info with the DMV (and isn’t that illegal)? The seller had no idea who they sold the car to? Why didn’t the buyer have their own plates / registration?

I'm not sure when this information was added (page was updated 1/29/18), but there some info added to her Doe Network page:

"The owner of the vehicle, registered about four months prior, was identified as a man with the surname "Yoo" who denied knowing the victim. Yoo has since moved out of the United States. His daughter was later located, but also knew nothing about the unidentified woman."

972UFCA

A domestic missing persons report to match Jane Doe has never been located, although I did locate a missing persons report in Korea that is very close.

So it seems the former vehicle owner was Korean and perhaps the little bit of info he could give LE was that the UID spoke Korean too? Thus the Korean focus. It would be interesting to know if @1999Jane was ever able to find anything further to match up the Korean MP with this UID.

another thing i just kinda thought of, a claddagh is normally a birthstone ring so if it was a claddagh and following tradition you are looking for someone born in the month of April

I just wanted to chime in and say that I do not think that is a hershey's kiss pendant. I think it is an elephant! The necklace is basically wrapped around the trunk.

Very distinct Jewelry. I wonder if the Hershey Kiss is a handblown Hulet Kiss. There might be a way to track this if it is. Some are marked and the sale area could be pinpointed. The Claddagh is also very unique.

972UFCA_LARGE.jpg 972UFCA1_LARGE.jpg 972UFCA2_LARGE.jpg 972UFCA3_LARGE.jpg

1 Exclusion
MP1352 Sarah Norfleet 06/20/1993 Davis UT

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members