Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I don't get about the witness not coming forward. The video of Aniah in the gas station was released very early. That means everyone knew that there was footage from inside the Chevron that night, and knew that LE was looking at it. At that point, this witness knew he was on camera (and so did IY).

(respectfully snipped) - I wonder if the witness didn't come forward because he assumed that the abduction would also be on camera? I would have assumed that the parking lot was filmed as well as the interior of the store, and perhaps he did too?

(respectfully snipped) - I wonder if the witness didn't come forward because he assumed that the abduction would also be on camera? I would have assumed that the parking lot was filmed as well as the interior of the store, and perhaps he did too?
I think what's making this all so muddy is we really have no idea when the witness was interviewed. Early on I can see your theory, but as time progressed it makes less sense to me.

Listening to the hearing again, I think maybe the witness was interviewed earlier than we think. Maybe he told LE he saw a man in a camo Vans jacket abduct her before info about the jacket was made public, and that's why they released the photo of IY as the POI. That would give the witness so much more credibility IMO.

The witness saying that he saw a black man in a camo Vans jacket abduct her after a photo of a black man in a Vans jacket was released to MSM is pretty meaningless to me. Literally any of us could have ID'd his jacket at that point, you didn't even need to be there. I'm sure all of that will come out eventually, it'll be interesting to find out the actual timeline.

I was thinking the same thing. That is a definite possibility and would make sense as to why his wife/ gf was also staying there.

I found the miscarriage comment odd..how is that relevant? unless it was mentioned that if happened after Aniah was abducted and the witness felt it was some sort of bad karma due to not coming forward. -MOO

In the video of the detective testifying, I took the miscarriage comment as the witness was especially remorseful because he had lost a baby daughter in the miscarriage. Like he could relate to the family losing their daughter.
UPDATE: Suspect in Aniah Blanchard's disappearance extradited to Auburn

In the video of the detective testifying, I took the miscarriage comment as the witness was especially remorseful because he had lost a baby daughter in the miscarriage. Like he could relate to the family losing their daughter.

Yep: “I think he was remorseful that he hadn’t come forward sooner,” Mixon testified. “He had recently lost a child in October due to a miscarriage which was a girl so he was definitely remorseful for not coming forward sooner.”

Bond denied, Yazeed case moves to grand jury

That hotel was sketchy in 1976 when I was a student at Auburn. It was one of only a few motels people had to choose from on football weekends. There were no "hotels" that I remember back then. Big party bar and a "NoTell Motel" feeling even back then. I hope the cops have swept every room for her DNA.
So was IY living at the motel or just getting his jollies there? Has it been posted that he had a real residence in Montgomery? Who owns the motel, Clarion? Are they franchised? If Clarion owns it the hammer may fall on them after this.

I also noticed it the clip of the hearing I saw as IY walked back when it was over he seemed to look at a woman with long partially red dreads and big eyelashes...anyone know who that could be? Someone there for him perhaps? I could only see her for a split second. Did anyone else notice that?
Yep, that’s why I asked who was there for him if anyone was.

Attachments

• 62AD15EE-7254-4B0F-AA3D-67CDEA6E22F3.jpeg
    62AD15EE-7254-4B0F-AA3D-67CDEA6E22F3.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 132
"'The identity of this witness is a safety issue. Ibraheem Yazeed is getting into trouble and getting arrested on violent felonies, but for some reason, he keeps getting away and keeps getting not indicted. Maybe its because Mr. Yazeed’s associates handle his witnesses,' stated District Attorney Brandon Hughes.

Beaver objected to the allegations Yazeed was somehow involved in witness tampering. Judge Bush decided not to compel prosecutors to name the witness at this point in the judicial process."

Investigator: Blanchard kidnapping witness remorseful he didn’t come forward sooner

I’m curious too, because obviously he was in the store when IY was. So LE could have almost treated him like a suspect in the beginning. He may have felt he had to clear himself as well?

But real question here... can’t they force a witness to testify after he’s already given a statement?

ETA: I didn’t mean that hatefully, btw.. just meant it’s a question I have.
Idk if you can force someone to testify. I’m NO lawyer so anyone who does know please chime in. But for whatever reason I was thinking that you could have a witness come forward but that witness refuse to testify in court?
I agree with all of you on the witness thing. I don’t want to witness shame here but when LE testified and didn’t know the relationship of the woman to the witness..girlfriend- wife whatever I call BS! We all know how high profile this case is. I think LE didn’t ask because they didn’t want to know...ie.. they could tell she was a hooker. If they’d asked and the witness said oh no we are XYZ.. and IY’s lawyers could prove otherwise then the witnesses would have credibility issues or if they asked and found out for sure LE would have to testify to that under oath. You know if this man was in that shady hotel and in that Chevron they would want to know if the woman he was with could corroborate his timeline. I say LE saw IY and the Witness walk into the store together...LE Contacts the other guy and puts pressure on him to ID IY hoping IY will flip the table and blame it all on the witness...but IY isn’t talking...yet.
Side note...in my experience one can never trust a full grown man who wears a jean jacket.
I think the only reason she came up & was relevant at all was as the reason he didn’t come forward immediately. I would think if the witness didn’t lead them to believe that she was his partner of some kind (wife, gf) that they wouldn’t have made mention of a relationship between the two. There are other ways to say that without specifically making her his partner. So, I don’t think she has any relevance for being brought up other than that being the reason he didn’t call the cops. IMO.

I think LE in Auburn walk a fine line between seriously pursuing criminals and pushing things that might make Auburn look bad under the rug. I lived within a single mile from Lori Slesinsky when she went missing in 2006 and never even heard about her disappearance until about three years later. It’s been 13 years and although they did finally arrest a guy (the last person to see her)
they have yet to actually find her. Is Auburn safer than most places...yes. But I do think a lot more goes on than the public is really ever made aware of and I think sometimes that’s by design.
I live in B'ham and that goes on here too.

If this hotel is so seedy, why haven't the police shut it down? Sounds like it is nothing more than a prostitutes play house. If the public ( Auburn WS's know, I am sure the police know) The Clarion hotel is a chain Auburn needs to pressure corporate to shut it down.
I like the design of the lobby area. It could be so cool if someone were to buy it and fix it up, but if it does turn out to be the crime scene for rape or murder of Aniah it will probably be leveled.

Yea there are some pretty nasty ones. I read a few more alluding to this. One called it a “trap motel”. Filthy nasty pictures. Blood on ceiling a year ago. Bedbugs. Not anywhere I would step foot into.

I’m willing to bet management turned a blind eye. Reports of complaints s on parties not being shut down, and finally police being called at 2:30 am.

Lots of reports of dirty uncleaned rooms on check in. Gonna go on a limb and wonder if there was some under the table payments to management to get a room but not check in, (only needing a few hours kinda thing) then that room didn’t get cleaned.
Ewww nasty.... but you do have to be so picky about a room at check in

I think the only reason she came up & was relevant at all was as the reason he didn’t come forward immediately. I would think if the witness didn’t lead them to believe that she was his partner of some kind (wife, gf) that they wouldn’t have made mention of a relationship between the two. There are other ways to say that without specifically making her his partner. So, I don’t think she has any relevance for being brought up other than that being the reason he didn’t call the cops. IMO.
From the video of the investigator on the witness stand, it seemed to me that he was saying that was the witness's explanation for being so emotional (remorseful?) during the interview, that he associated Aniah with the daughter he lost due to the miscarriage.
I'm still suspicious of this person.

@PrivateEye006 You are absolutely correct. I was joking when I said it was me. (I just want to clarify that) I do think it was talked about here on WS first though because I monitored a lot of different discussions and I personally didn’t see anyone talking about it before WS. Not that it is relevant but I just wanted to add.

If you go back to what LE said when they released the POI announcement they said “seen leaving the area sometime later in a 2000’s model Lincoln Town Car...”
She was at the store at 11:30 and her car wasn’t headed toward Interstate 85 until 12:30. Where were they during that hour? And how could he be seen leaving in that Lincoln “from the area” (notice they didn’t actually name the gas station he could have been leaving the hotel) but also be in her car too...
If he had an accomplice at the hotel( the area), that person could have drove her car. That may be why IY was seen leaving in the Lincoln. I wonder if there was more than one male DNA sample found in her car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member