CA CA - Oakland, WhtFem 333UFCA, 16-25, strangled in hotel room, Oct'69

I was looking at the drawings of this jane doe.. they look so very different to me.. the newer one (w the short strait Jennifer Aniston Courtney Cox Friends Hair) almost looks like she has a clef chin does anyone else see that? Has it been mentioned anywhere of a clef chin? The pencil drawing I am feeling is probably more of what the UID looked like in 1969..
I was also reading she had different changes of clothing with her. Does not mention Bag or suitcase or anything else. I wonder if he was traveling with her and picked her up from someplace else..and she was a runaway from out of state?

I also saw the chin on the newest reconstruction. Maybe they overdone it a bit. I really feel that the first drawing catches her the best...especially the hair...that wouldn't change that much, would it? On the post mortem pic it looks likes she had a kind of turned up nose...that disappeared in the recons.

I came across this woman Emily Roberta Richards..
and I thought her features the way her eyebrows are formed the bridge of her nose her lips have a downward slope and even her ear looks similar.. she went missing in 1964 but was heard from in 1966 in California. Her stats are really close also..

All this info and more info on her was being discussed at the end of this websleuths thread where people were comparing her to a jane doe in Florida..FL - FL - St Petersburg, WhtFem 661UFFL, 25-35, in steamer trunk, Oct'

Thanks. Making the same connections....between the different threads....good to see.

With reconstructions, there's sometimes an issue of how much the person's look was affected by the homicidal violence. There may be disagreement about how much to reduce the face's fullness to account for swelling, whether a blow to the nose caused it to appear upturned when it might not have been before the beating, etc. etc. Comparing the two, it looks like the artist for the more recent composite removed more swelling and perhaps made more compensation for broken facial bones.

The gist of it is that we need to assume some vagueness in the reconstruction and rely more on stats and circumstances.

And yes, Emily Richards looks pretty close.

Searched again today, hoping new missing persons cases would have been added, who fit Alameda County Jane Doe. Found a chart of her fingerprints, but that isn't going to help us. I'm still wondering about the difference between the recons….It must be something in between/a mix. I find the hardest part to get an image in my brain of her nose….looking downwards from a front site, but it looks different on the site, post mortem, pictures. (Just realized again how wonderful the work of CarkK actually is)

I think Emily Roberta Richard is the nearest so far, but how did she ended up in a hotelroom, supposed, to be a prostitute. I'ts a retoric question.....I can fill in all kinds of theories :)

Editing again: did anybody ever see something about her given birth?

Last edited:

333UFCA

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Discovery:
October 2, 1969
Location of Discovery: Oakland, Alameda County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by beating and strangulation

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 16-25 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown, short to medium length.
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Indefinite areas of scarring of her right forearm just below the elbow and of the right hand. Needle mark scarring inside both elbows, indicating drug abuse. Slim build.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available. Partial commercially made denture for an old extraction of a front upper central incisor tooth. The partial denture had been repaired several times.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not availabl.e

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Wearing a white knit dress with a zipper in the back, black bra, and blue panties. Additional clothing included a white sweater, white knee-height leather boots, multi-colored (pink, green, orange, purple) bell-bottom jeans, multi-colored (yellow, grey, orange, brown, black) blouse, and a multi-colored (black, white, orange, yellow striped) miniskirt dress.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim entered room 15 of the St. Louis Hotel, which is now the site of the North Alameda County Jail, in Oakland with a man named Taylor Morris Teaford on October 2, 1969. He beat her and then strangled her with an article of her own clothing.

A 1971 news article states that the victim was a prostitute and a victim of a serial killer nick-named "the crewcut killer." It is not confirmed if Teaford and the crewcut killer are one and the same.

There is a current warrant out for Taylor Morris Teaford's arrest for murder. He may go by the name "Melvin Teaford", he is Native American, originally from North Fork, California, DOB June 18, 1935, height 6'0", weight 170-190 lbs., black hair, brown eyes, and a crippled right leg and noticeable limp. While crippled, he is a strong walker and was known to regularly lift weights. He is skilled at hunting and fishing. He reportedly drinks heavily and may abuse narcotics. He is proficient with firearms of all types and has a "vicious and explosive temper." Additionally, he has a criminal record that began when he was 8-years-old and includes burglary and rape convictions. Allegedly he murdered his own grandmother and shot his own sister. At one time he was on the FBI's Most Wanted list, but for different charges than listed above.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Alameda County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Patricia Wilson
Agency Phone Number: 510-268-7300 or 510 268-7270
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 69-2266

Agency Name: Oakland Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Lieutenant Jim Emery
Agency Phone Number: 510-238-3949
Agency E-Mail: jemery(at)oaklandnet.com
Agency Case Number: 6966670

NCIC Case Number: U765653912
NamUs Case Number: 10945
NCMEC Case Number: 1184565

Interesting that the old site of hotel today is served as the county jail. There are PM's of the woman, she looks very young. Probably she was a prostitute that came from another state. I hope DNA can give us more answers.

333UFCA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Discovery:
October 2, 1969

Physical Description
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Indefinite areas of scarring of her right forearm just below the elbow and of the right hand. Needle mark scarring inside both elbows, indicating drug abuse. Slim build.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available. Partial commercially made denture for an old extraction of a front upper central incisor tooth. The partial denture had been repaired several times.

Clothing: Wearing a white knit dress with a zipper in the back, black bra, and blue panties. Additional clothing included a white sweater, white knee-height leather boots, multi-colored (pink, green, orange, purple) bell-bottom jeans, multi-colored (yellow, grey, orange, brown, black) blouse, and a multi-colored (black, white, orange, yellow striped) miniskirt dress.

The victim entered room 15 of the St. Louis Hotel, which is now the site of the North Alameda County Jail, in Oakland with a man named Taylor Morris Teaford on October 2, 1969. He beat her and then strangled her with an article of her own clothing.

A 1971 news article states that the victim was a prostitute and a victim of a serial killer nick-named "the crewcut killer." It is not confirmed if Teaford and the crewcut killer are one and the same.

There is a current warrant out for Taylor Morris Teaford's arrest for murder. He may go by the name "Melvin Teaford", he is Native American, originally from North Fork, California, DOB June 18, 1935, height 6'0", weight 170-190 lbs., black hair, brown eyes, and a crippled right leg and noticeable limp. While crippled, he is a strong walker and was known to regularly lift weights. He is skilled at hunting and fishing. He reportedly drinks heavily and may abuse narcotics. He is proficient with firearms of all types and has a "vicious and explosive temper." Additionally, he has a criminal record that began when he was 8-years-old and includes burglary and rape convictions. Allegedly he murdered his own grandmother and shot his own sister. At one time he was on the FBI's Most Wanted list, but for different charges than listed above.

Investigating Agency(s)

Interesting that the old site of hotel today is served as the county jail. There are PM's of the woman, she looks very young. Probably she was a prostitute that came from another state. I hope DNA can give us more answers.

@Moonwalker9 Would you be willing to share the PM's? I posted one up thread from unidentified Wiki, did you find more?

Last edited:
@Moonwalker9 Would you be willing to share the PM's? I posted one up thread from unidentified Wiki, did you find more?

I was wondering if there were any of her that weren't just her profile. Even photoshopping to show her full face could make her more recognizable. Where there signs of past injuries or abuse. She was young would it be normal to have a partial denture tooth that had multiple repairs?

What about Niki Britten, missing since 07/16/1969, from Oregon, 15 years at the time, but her birthday was just a few days later 07/23/1953, so she would have been 16 in October 1969. 5"4, one inch off. Brown hair and hazel eyes. Always the "thing" with the hazel eyes...could look blueish, greenish, light brown....Jane Doe had blue eyes.

There is a lot to her story, ran away a few times, had been in Hillcrest, a juvenile correction facility for a time in 1966 and 1967. Although there is a lot of info surrounding her disappearance there is not much about herself. No mentioning of drug abuse, scars or a flipper. She is stated as Caucasian an I couldn't find a connection to a possible other ethnicity. She looks somehow like the Jane Doe recon and in one the pictures she seems to have a slight cleft in her chin.

Niki Diane Britten – The Charley Project
Niki Britten
20190228_234242.png
niki_diane_britten_2.jpg

Last edited:
2277DFIL - Mary Ann Ruth Switalski

I
still think Emily Richards is the closest looking but I found this girl who supposedly went to California but it’s not sure.
2277DFIL - Mary Ann Ruth Switalski
MASwitalski.jpg
MASwitalski1.jpg
MASwitalski2.jpg

Image 3: Age-progressed to 65 years.

Name: Mary Ann Ruth Switalski
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 15, 1963
Location Last Seen: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois

Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 14, 1946
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 102 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing: Black sleeveless blouse, white shorts, and straw sandals.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mary Ann Ruth Switalski attended a carnival at St. Priscilla's Catholic Church on July 15, 1963. Two days after her disappearance her parents received a short letter postmarked from Oak Park, Illinois. In the letter, Mary Ann stated that she was fine and that she was going to earn some money to take care of them. No further contact was ever made.

It is believed that Mary Ann may have joined a magazine door-to-door sales group that was headed to California. The husband and wife owners of the sales organization gave conflicting statements. The wife stated that Mary Ann left with the sales group and the husband stated that Mary Ann never left Chicago.

The Doe Network: Case File 1641DFMI
And this Woman
The Doe Network:
Case File 1641DFMI

MJMcLaughlin.jpg
MJMcLaughlin1.jpg

Mary Jean McLaughlin
Missing since 1965 from Lake Odessa, Ionia County, Michigan
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: June 13, 1938
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5-5'7"; 140-150 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Brown hair; blue eyes. May wear glasses.
    • Nickname/Alias: Mary Jane Blair
    • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Family members say they last heard from Mary Jean McLaughlin, a mother of five, in 1965. Mary Jean's oldest son, was eight years old when his mom disappeared. He recalls that she visited him at school in 1965, and told him she was going away for a while, and said she'd be back.
Though she wasn't reported missing until August 2002, investigators discovered there is no record of Mary, public or private, since the mid-1960s; and there has been no activity on her social security number since that

Ann Bernice Duncan is one that has been discussed that looks like a possibility to me too. Especially since she went missing not That far from the location this Jane doe was found

Ok here is a woman o found.. Granted I don’t know if she is still missing or not but.. I think she looks like the Jane doe and looks like Jane doe has moles on her face that this woman has too. The ear thing is still really odd.. wish there was another PM available. Ok iam doing an edit because my photos are not loading ughhttps://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_8,_NO_10,_DECEMBER_1964.pdf

Ok upon further inspection the woman I thought looked like her on page 8 of this link Betty Jane Duffey has Brown eyes ugh... never mind...

This case is over 50 years old now. It is unique in that the victim remains unknown, while her killer was known early on, yet has never been captured.

A post mortem photo of this girl can be seen at the link to the Doe Network. She appears to be at the lower end of the age estimate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

333UFCA2.jpg
333UFCA.jpg
333UFCA3.jpg
TTeaford.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim by NCMEC and Barbara Martin-Bradley; suspect Taylor Morris Teaford and age progression. To view a postmortem photograph, please click here.

Date of Discovery: October 2, 1969

Physical Description

Identifiers

Investigating Agency(s)

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
Oakland Police Department
The Oakland Tribune News Archive (9/19/71, pg 29)
333UFCA
Fugitive.com

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2005; Last Updated: 6/6/18

Oops sorry I never posted the photo of the woman I mentioned above Diana Hosley missing 9/26/1964 at the age of 17

Attachments

• 0DBA3803-5EE6-4E1D-A4A7-91120EA5FB24.png
    0DBA3803-5EE6-4E1D-A4A7-91120EA5FB24.png
    615.8 KB · Views: 39

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members