GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

I think they might see it as, there is reasonable doubt around his original intentions in starting to choke her. But there is no doubt that continuing to strangle her past the point of unconsciousness and all the way to death constitutes, at the very least, reckless disregard. That was my thinking too. Its irrevocable at that point.

I wonder if he enjoyed the feeling of power so much he couldn't stop himself. Which makes him guilty for sure.

I am wondering if it has to do with an intent to injure? Acknowledging what started as benign turned murderous.
I don't know, I wish we had more details. I wonder if he gave specific details to investigators as to how many times he did it.
He claims she told him to go harder so that would indicate that he released his grip and then tightened it again but I don't know what his story was or if it was made clear in court.

Imo

I wonder why the jury is asking this question. Was it mentioned how many times the defendant claimed he applied pressure to her neck?

If he only did it once during a sustained period, then it wouldn't make sense that she told him to "go harder," since she would likely not have been able to talk while he had his hands around her throat.

Imo

As others have mentioned, I assume the jury are thinking what may have started as consented strangulation may have turned into something more sinister partway through; which is a good point, really.

I wonder why the jury is asking this question. Was it mentioned how many times the defendant claimed he applied pressure to her neck?

If he only did it once during a sustained period, then it wouldn't make sense that she told him to "go harder," since she would likely not have been able to talk while he had his hands around her throat.

Imo
I think the defendant was Vaguely McVague about this to the police, he obviously left out a lot o’details

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back