GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

Great news , so pleased for this decision today and for Grace’s family not to go through another weekend of waiting.
Don't understand the continuing name supression, will that be lifted at sentencing ?

I’m guessing his suppression must be to do with another case where he’s facing charges and it must be here in nz not in Aus.

I am utterly relieved and pleased for the family with this verdict. What a sick evil man he is to put her family through this trial. Sending her family every wish that this gives them even a tiny bit of comfort.

Grace's parents, Gillian and David Millane, emerge from the courthouse holding hands.

David Millane addressed the media.

“The verdict of murder today will be welcomed by every member of the Millane family and friends of Grace,” David said through tears.

“It will not reduce the pain and suffering we have had to endure over the past year. Grace was taken in the most brutal fashion a year ago and our lives have been ripped apart.

“Grace was our sunshine and she will be missed forever.”

“She did not deserve to be murdered in such a barbaric way during her gap year.”

David thanks the NZ police, Detective inspector Scott Beard, the Crown prosecution team and the media.

“Finally we want to thank the people of New Zealand. I can't thank you enough for our your kindness and for opening your hearts to us.”

Grace Millane trial: Jury convicts man of murdering British backpacker

His stepbrother on NZ news just said "He is a pathological liar, lies to the point where there is no out; then breaks down and cries and runs away. I think it was a power thing more than a violence thing. His tears [during the police interview]; to me they seem more tears for himself. I'm just so incredibly sorry for her families loss, I can't imagine the pain and hurt and what they have had to go through in court. All because he doesn't have any shred of a decent human being inside himself"

I've just typed that as I was listening to TV1 news so apologies for typos/items missed.

Grace's parents, Gillian and David Millane, emerge from the courthouse holding hands.

David Millane addressed the media.

“The verdict of murder today will be welcomed by every member of the Millane family and friends of Grace,” David said through tears.

“It will not reduce the pain and suffering we have had to endure over the past year. Grace was taken in the most brutal fashion a year ago and our lives have been ripped apart.

“Grace was our sunshine and she will be missed forever.”

“She did not deserve to be murdered in such a barbaric way during her gap year.”

David thanks the NZ police, Detective inspector Scott Beard, the Crown prosecution team and the media.

“Finally we want to thank the people of New Zealand. I can't thank you enough for our your kindness and for opening your hearts to us.”

Grace Millane trial: Jury convicts man of murdering British backpacker

I got teary just reading this. Poor family has been through hell.

His stepbrother on NZ news just said "He is a pathological liar, lies to the point where there is no out; then breaks down and cries and runs away. I think it was a power thing more than a violence thing. His tears [during the police interview]; to me they seem more tears for himself. I'm just so incredibly sorry for her families loss, I can't imagine the pain and hurt and what they have had to go through in court. All because he doesn't have any shred of a decent human being inside himself"

I've just typed that as I was listening to TV1 news so apologies for typos/items missed.

Wow. Good on his step brother for saying that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back