GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

<modsnip: no link to substantiate information>

Very relieved to have a guilty verdict although believed that was always going to be the case. Too much evidence against the defendent and as a country that prides itself on being so welcome to visitors this has really effected everyone - despite whatever bullcrap the defence tried to throw at it I don't think there would have been a single jury member that could have in their heart let him get away with it (not saying that emotion was used over logic here as, again, evidence was too strong).

In an earlier thread another Kiwi poster posited that he may have been deported from Australia - for those not au fait with that particular diplomatic situation Australia has recently started cracking down and deporting Kiwis who are jailed for crimes in Aus. Would not be surprised if this was why he was back, or at the very least that he was running from something in Aus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just watched the video of Grace's dad reading out their statement and it's broken my heart. In bits here.

Also, how bloody wonderful is DI Scott Beard? Everyone involved in this case has been fantastic, but his compassion, empathy and professionalism is always so clear to see. He's been with the family every step of the way. He's close to tears listening to the family statement.

After seeing him around the building at odd times of the day - when any executive would usually be working - and missed rent payments, he became suspicious.

The initial rent and bond was paid by WINZ and the man said that was due to a "delay" in his pay at his new role, which was remunerated monthly.

He used the same excuse when his subsequent rent was late, promising to pay the owner what was owed plus a month in advance as soon as his pay came in.

"It looked like he wasn't working," the owner said.

"At the stage I was going to confront him, this other thing happened."

He now believes his former tenant, who owes him thousands of dollars in rent, was "obsessed with picking up women".

"He appeared to have been a pick up artist," the owner told the Herald.

"It seems like that was his full time job, like it was all he did.

"I have no idea if he actually made any money or did any work - he seemed to lie all the time."

Who is Grace Millane's murderer? Unravelling labyrinth of lies and a fatal Tinder date

Reddit is not an approved source at Websleuths. Please do not bring over comments from there as they are considered rumor.

Also, if you are going to state something as fact, you MUST provide a link unless you are a Verified Insider.

Last edited:
After seeing him around the building at odd times of the day - when any executive would usually be working - and missed rent payments, he became suspicious.

The initial rent and bond was paid by WINZ and the man said that was due to a "delay" in his pay at his new role, which was remunerated monthly.

He used the same excuse when his subsequent rent was late, promising to pay the owner what was owed plus a month in advance as soon as his pay came in.

"It looked like he wasn't working," the owner said.

"At the stage I was going to confront him, this other thing happened."

He now believes his former tenant, who owes him thousands of dollars in rent, was "obsessed with picking up women".

"He appeared to have been a pick up artist," the owner told the Herald.

"It seems like that was his full time job, like it was all he did.

"I have no idea if he actually made any money or did any work - he seemed to lie all the time."

Who is Grace Millane's murderer? Unravelling labyrinth of lies and a fatal Tinder date
It all seems so obvious now that he used that money he got from his grandparent to buy those suits and rent the hotel room in order to impress and pick up women.
What a loser.

This now convicted murderer has not demonstrated an iota of regret or sorrow of that lady's death, at any point since he was caught red handed, as police unraveled his efforts.

From the initial police interviews to the current stage of the trial, he has spun an endless fabric of lies to deflect, conceal, and twist his way out of all responsibility.

This is the right outcome I think we can all agree:- let us fast forward to February, and hope that he is condemned to prison with a very, VERY long sentence.

Just woke up and saw the news!

(I actually woke up a couple of times in the night and checked, not deliberately but some kind of nervous anticipation.)

It's so bittersweet, but ultimately I'm so pleased.
The prosecution put together a fantastic case.

Now to go back and read what happened overnight.

I want to know more about why the name suppression isn’t being lifted? Even the British media aren’t naming him still and they didn’t care about the suppression law last year. So confused...

I'm wondering whether it's because NZ authorities think that he may be attacked in prison if his name is released, or they are worried that he may be attacked if he is released and will have to give him a fresh identity; or maybe they are holding back until he is sentenced.

This case is huge, I'm thinking they don't want to jump the gun too quickly. We all know who he is in UK and have for some time, so this has to be a sole NZ concern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back