Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this has been mentioned...lots to go through, but this is the first I have read about the red van...and its an older news article - so it got back to Montgomery too, someway.
Thanks for sharing and welcome! From the article:

Tie to AuburnYazeed was seen coming into Auburn earlier on Oct. 23 in a red Dodge Caravan registered in his father’s name, Mixon testified. The van was later found in Montgomery.
(.....)
Yazeed was also seen at the Clarion Inn on the same day that Blanchard was last seen.

“He frequented it according to employees that we spoke to there,” Mixon testified.
(.....)
“Mr. Yazeed has by count 26 prior arrests, served with eight felonies,” Hughes said in court.

My apologies if this has been mentioned...lots to go through, but this is the first I have read about the red van...and its an older news article - so it got back to Montgomery too, someway.

Thanks for the link. I think they are updating under the same or similar headlines, and it's hard to keep up with when new information has been added.

This article states that AB's vehicle was parked at a fuel pump but out of the range of the video surveillance camera.

It also mentions, as may have been noted somewhere on here earlier, that IY "frequented" the Clarion Inn and was also seen there the same day as the abduction.

That article is also the first time that I've seen details about where Aniah's car was parked.

Yazeed entered on the left side of the convenience store but exited on the right side of the store, where Blanchard’s vehicle was parked at a fuel pump, Mixon said.
However, no video surveillance was captured at the fuel pump.

Was she getting gas? We've never heard anything about her paying for anything but chips. For some reason I've always pictured the abduction happening around the side of the building, where I assumed she would park to go inside if only buying chips. I think in a 2017 CR-V she would have parked with the driver's side toward the pump. With the driver's door open, she may have been trapped between the car, the pump, the door, and IY, and would have had nowhere to go but into the car.

ETA: I also only see one door at the Chevron. What do you guys think "entered on the left side of the convenience store but exited on the right side of the store" means? There are two doors at the other Chevron on S. College - one on the left (depending on perspective) and one on the other side that would go toward the fuel pumps. Are we 100% sure we're talking about the right one?

Last edited:
It won't let me read the article, it's blocked by questions to answer. I see others could read it though. Weird.

That article is also the first time that I've seen details about where Aniah's car was parked.

Yazeed entered on the left side of the convenience store but exited on the right side of the store, where Blanchard’s vehicle was parked at a fuel pump, Mixon said.

Was she getting gas? We've never heard anything about her paying for anything but chips. It would make sense that she needed gas if she had been driving as much as she had that day. For some reason I've always pictured the abduction happening around the side of the building, where I assumed she would park to go inside if only buying chips. I think in a 2017 CR-V she would have parked with the driver's side toward the pump. With the driver's door open, she may have been trapped between the car, the pump, the door, and IY, and would have had nowhere to go but into the car.

I fit the same description as Aniah but am a few years older. I have always been taught that if I need to go to the gas station at night to park directly in the parking spots near the front door if they are available or at well lit pump areas near cameras or other cars so people can see me if anything were to happen. She may have been taught the same and used it as a precautionary measure seeing as other people were there when she went inside.

I read the local OA news online all the time...i just hit the skip survey button and it lets me keep on reading...you may have that choice further down.
Maybe I'm totally missing it but all I see is "show me a different question" or "log in or subscribe to hide surveys"

Was she getting gas? We've never heard anything about her paying for anything but chips. For some reason I've always pictured the abduction happening around the side of the building, where I assumed she would park to go inside if only buying chips. I think in a 2017 CR-V she would have parked with the driver's side toward the pump. With the driver's door open, she may have been trapped between the car, the pump, the door, and IY, and would have had nowhere to go but into the car.

ETA: I also only see one door at the Chevron. What do you guys think "entered on the left side of the convenience store but exited on the right side of the store" means? There are two doors at the other Chevron on S. College - one on the left (depending on perspective) and one on the other side that would go toward the fuel pumps. Are we 100% sure we're talking about the right one?
I think it just meant means when he walked out the door he went to the right towards her car versus when he came in he came in from the left

I think the Chevron at 1599 South College (right beside the Clarion Inn) has to be the one, but you're correct--it appears to have only one front entrance, and the fuel pumps are all in front of the convenience store (between it and the road), not off to the sides. Maybe the part about left and right just means the direction he went as he exited through the front door. MOO, maybe it means he entered from the Clarion Inn side...? It's confusing, for sure.

I think the Chevron at 1599 South College (right beside the Clarion Inn) has to be the one, but you're correct--it appears to have only one front entrance, and the fuel pumps are all in front of the convenience store (between it and the road), not off to the sides. Maybe the part about left and right just means the direction he went as he exited through the front door. MOO, maybe it means he entered from the Clarion Inn side...? It's confusing, for sure.
MOO, he just meant that IY didn't leave on the same path as when he arrived. He left in the general direction toward Aniah, slightly to the right.
Edit: Also from the camera view it may have been a right turn.

I figure it has to be the gas station by the Clarion, too - just seems like a weird detail. And I wonder where it came from (video footage, witness, etc). It'll be interesting to know where the witness says he was standing when he saw IY force her into the car. Depending on where and how her car is parked, that seems like a hard thing to see.

MOO, by any definition (whether you're talking about facing the front of the store or from inside the store), there really doesn't appear to be a fuel pump at the "right side of the store." ???
Another thought; since IY left the store first, he may have gone to the right to bide time until Aniah came out, to hide / sneak into striking position.

I figure it has to be the gas station by the Clarion, too - just seems like a weird detail. And I wonder where it came from (video footage, witness, etc). It'll be interesting to know where the witness says he was standing when he saw IY force her into the car. Depending on where and how her car is parked, that seems like a hard thing to see.

i have wondered the same too..., BUT this gives the Chevron address. i can only assume that this is correct.

Thanks for sharing and welcome! From the articlie to AuburnYazeed was seen coming into Auburn earlier on Oct. 23 in a red Dodge Caravan registered in his father’s name, Mixon testified. The van was later found in Montgomery.
(.....)
Yazeed was also seen at the Clarion Inn on the same day that Blanchard was last seen.

“He frequented it according to employees that we spoke to there,” Mixon testified.
(.....)
“Mr. Yazeed has by count 26 prior arrests, served with eight felonies,” Hughes said in court.
If he was seen coming into Auburn in a red Van, leaving in AB car, who is the person that drove the red Van back to Montgomery
Thanks for sharing and welcome! From the article:

Tie to AuburnYazeed was seen coming into Auburn earlier on Oct. 23 in a red Dodge Caravan registered in his father’s name, Mixon testified. The van was later found in Montgomery.
(.....)

(.....)
I wonder who drove the red Van back to Montgomery ? I think this proves there was more than IY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752