CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Thomas declined to comment to The Republic. On July 15, he told KTNV-TV, a Las Vegas TV station, that he believes his wife was abducted after rounding a corner during their hike while he stopped to a take a photo. He believes she may have been taken to Las Vegas.
Family suspects foul play in disappearance of Bullhead City woman

Which leads us to Highway 95 just out of Needles Ca. on Highway 40
I have found various spots along that route she could have ended up at.

After all RT has already set it up for whomever finds BT ..

Then he just says.. See I told Everyone.. !!
Trying to get himself out of it..
Yes, the comment about Las Vegas stands out to me. The boat and Colorado River are possibilities also.

I fell terrible I did not walk the dirt road behind where the RV was parked. I did go back there and and look around and thought to myself that he would get his RV stuck or at least really dirty and that would have put LE on alert that his RV had been in the back country ..
If I go back I will take a 4wd vehicle.. My wife wanted to drive her race car so that is what we did :)

Google Maps
As to the bolded above--Happy Wife, Happy Life...;)

Has anyone actually walked 1/2 mile in the Mojave desert in July?

My Mom is a dedicated "desert rat" after living in Las Vegas for over 40 years, and she only walks very early in the morning, because by 8:00, it is literally too hot. A woman in a bikini would have been fried.

On July 12, it was 102 degrees there, with no humidity. Even young folks, in good shape, can hike a ways in heat like that, but at 69....
I live in Sacramento where it gets to 102 with very low humidity every summer.

I'll hike in that before I would hike in 90 degree temps in high humidity. JMO.

Robert Thomas declined to comment to The Republic. On July 15, he told KTNV-TV, a Las Vegas TV station, that he believes his wife was abducted after rounding a corner during their hike while he stopped to a take a photo. He believes she may have been taken to Las Vegas.
Family suspects foul play in disappearance of Bullhead City woman

Which leads us to Highway 95 just out of Needles Ca. on Highway 40
I have found various spots along that route she could have ended up at.

After all RT has already set it up for whomever finds BT ..

Then he just says.. See I told Everyone.. !!
Trying to get himself out of it..
This is what I think, too - I don’t think he cares if she’s found but IF she is, everything will appear to be consistent with his kidnapping theory.

I can’t quite picture anyone, of any age, being snatched by someone who happened along at exactly the right moment, in the middle of the desert, within sight of an RV which could have contained one or more armed companions to come busting out when the victim screamed. I know criminals can be stupid and foolhardy but this seems unimaginably unlikely.

Questions for those of you who are so sure that she was killed and dumped elsewhere by her husband:
Why do you think he chose a spot apparently within clear sight of the road and their RV to say she went missing?
Why wouldn't he make up a more convincing story, e.g. that she went off by herself to take photos or search for rocks while he was doing something else?
Why give such a short time window?

Questions for those of you who are so sure that she was killed and dumped elsewhere by her husband:
Why do you think he chose a spot apparently within clear sight of the road and their RV to say she went missing?
Why wouldn't he make up a more convincing story, e.g. that she went off by herself to take photos or search for rocks while he was doing something else?
Perhaps because his narrative is that she was picked up by abductors - perhaps because she will eventually be found at some other location. If just lost in the desert, but then found dead somewhere closer to say, Vegas, he'd be looked at as the prime suspect. This way, he's setting it up so that when/if she IS found, there's a reason for that. And it's nothing to do with him. Perhaps because it would make himself appear negligent somehow, considering he held the water, her skin was unprotected, her age, the heat, etc. This way, everything happened so fast, she was within sight of a cooler refuge with water, he was just packing up, and only 5 minutes behind her, but she couldn't wait for him, and someone just couldn't resist taking her. He's blameless and seeks compassion.

Perhaps because his narrative is that she was picked up by abductors - perhaps because she will eventually be found at some other location. If just lost in the desert, but then found dead somewhere closer to say, Vegas, he'd be looked at as the prime suspect. This way, he's setting it up so that when/if she IS found, there's a reason for that. And it's nothing to do with him. Perhaps because it would make himself appear negligent somehow, considering he held the water, her skin was unprotected, her age, the heat, etc. This way, everything happened so fast, she was within sight of a cooler refuge with water, he was just packing up, and only 5 minutes behind her, but she couldn't wait for him, and someone just couldn't resist taking her. He's blameless and seeks compassion.
My questions still stand. You would expect him to have seen or heard something.

We still do not know if she crossed the road and went to the other side looking for rocks! They searched there but a searcher, posted on here, not as thoroughly as the other side. I'm thinking that's where she is.

My questions still stand. You would expect him to have seen or heard something.
Your questions, directed to those who believe something else has happened, was why choose a spot within clear sight of the road and their RV instead of a more convincing story, and why give such a short time window. My response was because he is preparing the narrative in advance for if/when she is later discovered at some other location. He should have seen or heard something if she'd been abducted, but he also should have seen or heard something if she'd become lost, and he should've known something if she was experiencing health issues. It seems like no matter how you look at it, that story doesn't make sense.

We still do not know if she crossed the road and went to the other side looking for rocks! They searched there but a searcher, posted on here, not as thoroughly as the other side. I'm thinking that's where she is.

RT's statements transcribed from both videos:

RT Interview #1
KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
July 15, 2019

:38 "By the time I took the picture, she was continuing on because she wanted to use the RV, and she rounded the corner, and I lost sight of her."
Interview quote snipped and bolded by me for focus.

You may be right that she is on the east side of Kelbaker somewhere.

According to RT, at the time he lost sight of Barbara, it was getting very hot out there. He made it pretty clear in his interview that she pulled ahead (and went out of his sight) because she wanted to get back to (or "use") the RV. She likely needed to use the bathroom, get into the shade, have a cold drink, etc. She might have been in distress, and maybe she got to the RV but could not find the key to get in. And then what? Unfortunately, we don't know.
MOO

Interview quote snipped and bolded by me for focus.

You may be right that she is on the east side of Kelbaker somewhere.

According to RT, at the time he lost sight of Barbara, it was getting very hot out there. He made it pretty clear in his interview that she pulled ahead (and went out of his sight) because she wanted to get back to (or "use") the RV. She likely needed to use the bathroom, get into the shade, have a cold drink, etc. She might have been in distress, and maybe she got to the RV but could not find the key to get in. And then what? Unfortunately, we don't know.
MOO

But if whatever happened was an accident (heat- or injury- or animal-related) then she should have been easily visible or in an easily-identified hiding spot like a cave or other shade source, or hole she fell into, in which case the searchers would have found her in the first day or two.

The only other realistic way she could still be out there would be if she was intentionally hidden by another person.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member