CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your questions, directed to those who believe something else has happened, was why choose a spot within clear sight of the road and their RV instead of a more convincing story, and why give such a short time window. My response was because he is preparing the narrative in advance for if/when she is later discovered at some other location. He should have seen or heard something if she'd been abducted, but he also should have seen or heard something if she'd become lost, and he should've known something if she was experiencing health issues. It seems like no matter how you look at it, that story doesn't make sense.
That's exactly the point I'm making. If he's made it all up, he could have come up with a much more convincing scenario IMO.

My questions still stand. You would expect him to have seen or heard something.
Perpetrators don’t always come up with flawless stories. Watch just about anything on ID and you’ll hear suspects spew the most blatant nonsense. It’s the old “I’m smarter than everyone in the room, so it’s easy to put one over on them.”

That's exactly the point I'm making. If he's made it all up, he could have come up with a much more convincing scenario IMO.
He had all the time in the world to stage an abduction if had wanted to, to plant evidence, to make up a story that wasn't so improbable. I mean if you are going to make up a story about your missing wife, telling police she was dressed in a bikini, holding a beer and only a few minutes ahead of you is just not even trying.

Perpetrators don’t always come up with flawless stories. Watch just about anything on ID and you’ll hear suspects spew the most blatant nonsense. It’s the old “I’m smarter than everyone in the room, so it’s easy to put one over on them.”

Another circumstance in which a perpetrator might come up with an unconvincing story is one in which a crime wasn't planned but occurred impulsively during an argument or conflict. In that situation, a perpetrator might make up a story which fit as many of the facts as possible while obscuring what actually occurred. JMO

Last edited:
Just another possible location..
When we get off Highway 40 at Kelbaker rd. We turned left to end up at Hidden Hills rd..
What if we turn right and start the search there.

Google Maps

I think it's a great idea. There's an (active) mining operation down that way. I've thought it was a good place to leave a body - especially if you don't want to wait 7 years to have them declared dead, and want the body found sooner.

I disagree.

Hypothetically, he needs to make the abduction theory one of the most probable options. Just in case she is found later, 50 miles away.

So he can't say she was out in the desert looking at rocks. It is better to say she was standing by the highway, dressed in a bikini, drinking a beer, and might be on her way to VegAs. Brilliant scenario, if you really think about it. JMO

He has an advantage over us, in that he knows the extent (or lack thereof) of his own involvement.

If he's innocent of hiding/harming her, then he only needs to tell the truth. Where/when he last saw her, in what circumstances, anything relevant re her words, mood, etc.

If he's not innocent, and did something at that location, he might admit to the location, thinking evidence already places them there (otherwise why not drive to a "clean" location before calling 911?), but when/if she is found, he wants it to look like it wasn't him -- ie he wants to set a scene where the circumstances when she is found don't point to him. One way (not the only way) to do that is to suggest a scene (abducted to Vegas) that appears to be "confirmed" when evidence is found.

If he's not innocent but did whatever it was at a different location, he has the same concerns as above but also wants to reduce the chance she'll be found by not providing a valid starting location for the search. And again, when/if someone finds evidence, he would want it to not point to him, and again one way (of many) would be to have already suggested a scenario that ostensibly "fits" the evidence, pointing away from him.

Not accusing him here, just thinking through all possibilities. MOO entirely

Last edited:
Please read the following message from Tricia:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.

Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.

Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

Yes, I know I would have if it were my spouse. On the other hand I can't judge, I don't know what his thoughts are or his feelings.
Well, what thoughts and feelings are there that would prevent someone from looking for their beloved spouse, if you thought they might be lost in the desert or abducted?

I was talking specifically about the area right past the RV. I don't think that area was searched as thoroughly as the area near the main trail. JMO
What if it was searched thoroughly and that was conveyed to RT? I haven't seen anything that proves it wasn't a very good search effort.

Maybe that one area wasn't searched quite the same but the people doing the search felt it was sufficient and they told RT that they did a good job?

I have no way of knowing that RT knew that the search for BT was deficient and purposely did nothing to rectify that situation. JMO.

bbm
Not necessarily. I think that someone can be abducted quickly and silently.
Also, she could have accepted a ride, if she was dehydrated or weak, and it was a bad decision. As long as that is a possibility, he is covered.
Given the T's RV was *right there*, we might assume heat relief and water would have been within tens of feet of BT and the turnout intersection where the trail exits on to the roadway. Even a 'bad decision' would be beyond comprehension at that point; BT would have had to have been experiencing a major lapse of sorts, which I doubt occurred. BT was heading to the RV. She had that intent in mind. Last minute bad decision to engage a stranger for water or whatever? Wouldn't have happened.

Maybe a stranger stopped BT to engage in 'friendly conversation' ("Are you alright, do you need help with your RV?") and that stranger decided to kidnap?

No matter how you weigh the possibilities, too many absurdities would have to be considered and accepted as plausible which wouldn't pass any reasonable smell test.

I find it difficult to accept that a random someone with evil intent who was itching to kidnap an innocent desert hiker was just happening past the Kelbaker and Hidden Hills Roads turnout at the same moment a bikini-clad, beer-carrying woman was approaching. No scream heard. No spilled beer nor container found.

No. Spilled. Beer. Nor. Container. Found.

If RT's suggestion of what occurred ("she was taken") did occur, I could assume BT's beer container would have been the first thing RT would have found, as he would have been looking for any sign of BT in and/or around the turnout location. No way a perp would be concerned with not leaving behind a beer container; no way a kidnapped BT would have held on tightly to a drink container during a kidnapping scuffle.

As RT claimed, he was "panicky". At that threshold, when you realize a loved one appears to be missing, you look and listen with greater fervor; at least two of the five senses kick in to overdrive.

Two TV news interviews. Two. Only two. No media blitz. "Where's my wife?"

Smell test: FAIL.

It makes me wonder: about what was RT really feeling "panicky"?

Of course, SPECULATION and MOO, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member