GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the live thing of Mr. Grays, I thought he made light or actually said " what difference does it make what kind of shoes she had on", or referenced other things in the burn that it was burnt up so it has no significance. IMO those were important details, in the future if the contents of the trash can are located there may possibly be things that did not totally burn , children toys are usually non- flammable and just melt, rubber soles of a shoe might not be totally burned up. Remember the kid that helped him load the trash can with the lid thought it weighed between 35-50 pounds. There may still have been shoe prints of KL around. The FBI/CBI do not ask stupid questions. JMHO

I still feel like KK would have been the one to give PF the idea of a "smelling a scented candle guessing game." I just cannot see most guys coming up with that on their own. I don't want to stereotype, but do men even realize candles have different scents?? I don't think mine does or would ever think someone could differentiate between them....
I concur with your post. I can tell you that my husband would do no such game and it certainly wouldn't be a game my son would play with any lady- both would pick sports games. Scented candles? Yeah, right....

In the live thing of Mr. Grays, I thought he made light or actually said " what difference does it make what kind of shoes she had on", or referenced other things in the burn that it was burnt up so it has no significance. IMO those were important details, in the future if the contents of the trash can are located there may possibly be things that did not totally burn , children toys are usually non- flammable and just melt, rubber soles of a shoe might not be totally burned up. Remember the kid that helped him load the trash can with the lid thought it weighed between 35-50 pounds. There may still have been shoe prints of KL around. The FBI/CBI do not ask stupid questions. JMHO

I agree. And also those details on some things can be used to check KK's story. IIRC they showed a photo of Baby K in court and the toys that KK described taking and burning were shown in the picture with the baby. KK having knowledge of those toys existing and those specific toys being missing from KB's condo after the crime corroborates KK's story. KK describing what she wore the day she cleaned up is important for when they review CCTV or interview other witnesses who may have seen her. They want as much detail as possible so that they can determine if she is telling the truth. MOO.

I know I have alot of reading to do to catch up....but.....
My hubby and I created our own time line. We still have some difference of opinion tho. Lol!
But, this is what we think.

With all of PF being a walking talking confessional, he was always talk of
a: making it look like a suicide
b: shoot her way up in the Rockies-- no body no crime.

Unless I missed it, he never talked about beating someone to death.

Now that said, we think:
1. The late night out with cattle was the original "shoot her make it look like a suicide." I personally think stomach issues prevented this.

They go back to the Franch and she leaves the baby with him and zips into town for stomach meds.

PF calls KK on his land line. I think he is telling her he wasn't able to get it done..... KK knows he is planning this, KK just doesn't know when his next attempt is going to be. (Otherwise, as MassGuy stated KK would have found others to take her shift previously).

Through texting before KB got home at 4am --PF told KB he would pick up the baby and run errands so she could take a nap. Which he does.

2. Remember when we heard about PF getting angry over meds?... My hubby feels strongly that this isn't the stomach meds. He feels that PF told KB " here take these they will help you rest better..."

PF leaves then comes back at 1:24pm and he finds KB was researching bleeding ulcers. She never took the meds. Both of us feel that the ideas was he would drug her and slip her in the tote, take her out and shoot her and she would never be found.

We don't think he had any intentions of beating her bloody in her condo. (That was a secondary reaction, a anger reaction).

I think he did get angry about the medicine. Even tho he brought a bat (or one was already at her house), I think he wanted her to be drugged not hit.

He finds her still awake, there's an argument about it, then he does end up doing the whole smell the candle thing. I think his own intentions were to hit her once, hard. She'd be dead or at the very least knocked unconscious. He then would slip her into the tote and take her discreetly into the mountains.

However, as it stands it looks like to fought for her life.
Ran and crawled away.
I'm sure this angered him. In the end she took a terrible beating.

He calls KK and tells her she has a mess to clean up. (All along he wanted her to take the fall for this).

From then on there are 46 calls to KK.
She came and cleaned....

Our own opinion....
This is a lot to think about... but matches a lot of what I've been thinking. I def think she was to be shot the night before. And I think it's clear early on he wanted no mess but KK failed and his checking the cattle plan failed. I didn't know about him getting angry about meds.
Very interesting!
I definitely have to agree that he was counting on one swing doing her in..or at least completely incapacitating her.

My theory: the assault started upstairs (the bloodied candles were in the bedroom, per KK). Ended at the base of the stairs. PF must've had to go back upstairs to retrieve something incriminating. Like his HAT

MOO

Neighbor surveillance pictures seem to be out of order. They don't make sense. Seems like the one of KB, PF, and Baby at front door at 1:24 pm would be off. I would think it would be closer to the 12:30 ish timeframe as KB is holding her plant. I notice in all the pictures of PF holding Baby that approximately at below knee level there is something that appears like a yellow bag or item at foot level. It appears he is lifting his leg over or around it. It is present between the slats only during the time that the door is wide open. If I had to guess, he was moving KB out in something that appeared yellow. It makes me believe he never moved the black tote off of his truck. It does appear that he did change the direction of it after leaving the condominium. The picture that the jury asked for doesn't look like he is holding a bat, but it does look like a blue backpack type item. There is another picture where it does appear that he is holding a bat, but not sure. The pictures are out of order in my opinion. So glad this jury got it right. If I were on that jury, I would have convicted him on the cellphone data. KK shouldn't have been given a deal. I hope she thinks of Kelsey and her daughter for the rest of her days.

BBM
I also noticed something yellow between the fence slats in the one photo. The only thing I can think of that might be yellow is that he’d just purchased a large bag of dog food at Walmart and some dog food brands (like Pedigree kibble) come in a yellow bags. IIRC, they have him on Walmart video placing the large bag of dog food inside of the black tote in his truck before he headed back to the condo.

JMO

My theory: the assault started upstairs (the bloodied candles were in the bedroom, per KK). Ended at the base of the stairs. PF must've had to go back upstairs to retrieve something incriminating. Like his HAT

MOO
I am thinking he took his hot off before the beating started.
It should of been spattered with blood if he had it on. Of course he could of had more hats with the P-F on them.

In the video of the walkthrough of Kelsey's apartment, K said the last thing she did was mop the floors.

A mop wouldn't fit into garbage bags, and she didn't say she took the mop to burn.

For some reason that is bugging me.

Nothing was said about a mop at the trial that I heard about. Did she leave it there? Was this the mop taken from the franch?

I know this is such a tiny thing in the grand scheme of it all, but what happened to that mop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288