Found Deceased AUS - Aslan King, 25, (UK tourist), seizure and head injury, Princetown, 23 November 2019

NoClouseau

Reaction score
upload_2019-11-23_13-12-12.png
Aslan King, 25, was camping with friends near Princetown, Victoria, when he ran into the bush after sustaining the injury at around 2am local time on Saturday.

A police spokeswoman told the Age newspaper that the illustrator, who is from Bristol, “suddenly got up and ran from the area into surrounding bushland” near a bridge. “It’s believed Aslan may be disoriented and become lost in the bush,” she said.

King’s friends told Nine News that they were drinking together when he appeared to have a seizure and fell off his chair and injured his head.

They added that he clambered under a car and than ran into the bushland when they tried to restrain him. The group searched the area – which is near the Twelve Apostles limestone rocks – but could not find him and subsequently contacted police.
Briton goes missing after injuring head on Australia camping trip

Aslan King was camping with friends near the Twelve Apostles limestone stacks in rural Victoria, before suffering a medical episode.
At about 2am this morning, he hit his head and ran into bushland, the Age reports .

Friends he was camping with launched a search for Mr King but were unable to find him, as officers warned that he may be disorientated and lost in the bush.

Just hours before his disappearance Mr King, an illustrator from Bristol, posted a video of Friday's sunset to Instagram
Manhunt launched for Brit, 25, missing in Australia bushland after bumping head

I just saw this online and was going to post it here,

Mainly because I think it reminds me of other missing persons cases where people have head injuries and then act out in strange behaviours prior to disappearing.

That is if the friends are telling the truth.

I just saw this online and was going to post it here,

Mainly because I think it reminds me of other missing persons cases where people have head injuries and then act out in strange behaviours prior to disappearing.

That is if the friends are telling the truth.
I've posted it in the wrong forum I think ! Yes it's a really worrying combination, head injury, strange place, post epileptic fit. ( I was thinking about the friends too). Hopefully he hasn't gone too far.

Something ain't right here.

I wonder what kind of seizures (NOT FITS!!!!! that is an offensive word) he has. Medication and alcohol is a no no for Epileptics.

I can't imagine this man getting too far after a seizure.

I will wait for more details.

The articles do not seem to indicate he is known to have epilepsy. Having a seizure can mean Aslan has epilepsy, but there could be other reasons as well (though I’m not knowledgeable on what all the causes can be).

From another article, describing the incident:
Friends told Nine News the 25-year-old's face suddenly went blank while they were drinking in the early hours of Saturday, before he had what appeared to be a seizure.

The campers said they thought he was joking but then he fell off his chair and clambered under a car. When his friends tried to restrain him, he started running into the nearby scrub.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...near-the-twelve-apostles-20191124-p53dhi.html

Something isn't adding up for me. I know all too well about Epilepsy unfortunately and the different types of seizures. I'm calling BS on him having a seizure then running under a car and into the bushes, to which he has yet to be found.

Well if his friends aren't lying and he hit his head during the seizure then he could have sustained a concussion and be completely disoriented.

I speak from experience. I suffer from absence seizures but will occasionally still get grand mal seizures (like 1 every few years normally). This past January I had 3 grand mal seizures in less than 72 hours and the 1st one I fell off the bed and hit my head on the nightstand somehow my husband said on the way down. I was out of it for about 6 days like walking around the house at night talking to people who werent there, rearranging cabinets, etc. Etc. I still can't remember much from that week and my husband had to stay home to take care of our 4 month old daughter. He didnt even trust me to hold her because I could not function to take care of myself at times. It got better as the week went on.

A seizure isnt going to disorient you like that long term..sure there is a post seizure period where you may be groggy/slightly unaware of what happened but a concussion sure will make you completely disoriented and it sounds like that might have happened here.

Again if the story is 100% legit. Lurking on websleuths I have learned to wait and see lol

Extensive search to find missing British man missing in Australia

The area is also known to contain a large population of deadly tiger snakes.

Sergeant Danny Brown of Victoria Police said thermal imaging sensors used on Saturday and Sunday had detected no trace of Mr King, but that they might be used again as the search continued on Sunday night.

"You're using every sense, whether that be eyes, ears and touch as well," he told Nine newspapers, adding the heat sensors would make "a massive difference, because we're going to find things in areas that the eye can't see". BBM

Desperate search for British tourist Aslan King, 25, who vanished in Aussie bushland ramped up | Daily Mail Online

"The Brighton-based illustrator is believed to have had a seizure, bumped his head and panicked before running into dense bushland in the middle of the night"

Mr King had been drinking alcohol when his face suddenly went blank, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

"He then fell off his chair and attempted to hide beneath it. At first the group thought he was joking but he then fled into the bush"

A body has been found in the search for British tourist Aslan King, who went missing from a campsite on Victoria's Great Ocean Road.

About 10.15am on Tuesday, searchers located the body of a man in a creek. The creek was about a kilometre from the campsite where Mr King was last seen.
The body is yet to be formally identified, however authorities believe it is Mr King. Investigators will prepare a report for the coroner.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/vic...itish-tourist-aslan-king-20191126-p53e6x.html

:(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76