GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

IH may be protecting him. Lord only knows how long the grooming process went on. She may truly believe they are in "love" IMO
IF IH is protecting BL, can she refuse to be tested for SA? I would think for medical procedures she would have a say? Not sure what the laws are there. MOO

IF IH is protecting BL, can she refuse to be tested for SA? I would think for medical procedures she would have a say? Not sure what the laws are there. MOO
I. RIGHT TO CONSENT TO TREATMENT :

Virginia Statute § 54.1-2969
. . . E. A minor shall be deemed an adult for the purpose of consenting to:

1. Medical or health services needed to determine the presence of or to treat venereal disease or any infectious or contagious disease that the State Board of Health requires to be reported;

2. Medical or health services required in case of birth control, pregnancy or family planning except for the purposes of sexual sterilization;

3. Medical or health services needed in the case of outpatient care, treatment or rehabilitation for substance abuse as defined in § 37.2-100 ; or

4. Medical or health services needed in the case of outpatient care, treatment or rehabilitation for mental illness or emotional disturbance.
VIRGINIA MINORS' LEGAL RIGHTS: RIGHT TO CONSENT TO TREATMENT; ACCESS TO & DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS OF OUTPATIENT TREATMENT | Center for Ethical Practice
Pretty certain it is the parent who gives consent for the evaluation to be done.

I. RIGHT TO CONSENT TO TREATMENT :

Virginia Statute § 54.1-2969
. . . E. A minor shall be deemed an adult for the purpose of consenting to:

1. Medical or health services needed to determine the presence of or to treat venereal disease or any infectious or contagious disease that the State Board of Health requires to be reported;

2. Medical or health services required in case of birth control, pregnancy or family planning except for the purposes of sexual sterilization;

3. Medical or health services needed in the case of outpatient care, treatment or rehabilitation for substance abuse as defined in § 37.2-100 ; or

4. Medical or health services needed in the case of outpatient care, treatment or rehabilitation for mental illness or emotional disturbance.
VIRGINIA MINORS' LEGAL RIGHTS: RIGHT TO CONSENT TO TREATMENT; ACCESS TO & DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS OF OUTPATIENT TREATMENT | Center for Ethical Practice
Pretty certain it is the parent who gives consent for the evaluation to be done.
Thank you @Momof4RN Good to know!

From the link (BBM):

Lynch was scheduled to appear for a bond hearing in Louisa Juvenile Domestic Relations court, instead, he is recovering at the hospital for a hernia, according to prosecutors.

[...]

In court Friday, Louisa Commonwealth’s Attorney Rusty McGuire asked to nolle pross, or dismiss, Lynch’s abduction charge to avoid further "traumatizing" the victim.

The judge has scheduled to nolle pross the charge on November 25 when Lynch is expected to be discharged from the hospital.

Lynch now faces eight felony charges in Louisa Circuit Court in connection to the case. Earlier this month, a grand jury indicted Lynch on 4 counts each: indecent liberties with a child and statutory rape.

From the link (BBM):

Lynch was scheduled to appear for a bond hearing in Louisa Juvenile Domestic Relations court, instead, he is recovering at the hospital for a hernia, according to prosecutors.

[...]

In court Friday, Louisa Commonwealth’s Attorney Rusty McGuire asked to nolle pross, or dismiss, Lynch’s abduction charge to avoid further "traumatizing" the victim.

The judge has scheduled to nolle pross the charge on November 25 when Lynch is expected to be discharged from the hospital.

Lynch now faces eight felony charges in Louisa Circuit Court in connection to the case. Earlier this month, a grand jury indicted Lynch on 4 counts each: indecent liberties with a child and statutory rape.

snipped
.....In court Friday, Louisa Commonwealth’s Attorney Rusty McGuire asked to nolle pross, or dismiss, Lynch’s abduction charge to avoid further "traumatizing" the victim.

I'm confused as to why the CA would dismiss the abduction charges? Seems testifying to the rape would be more traumatic than abduction.

Surely they are not going to drop all the other charges as well.

Moo

snipped
.....In court Friday, Louisa Commonwealth’s Attorney Rusty McGuire asked to nolle pross, or dismiss, Lynch’s abduction charge to avoid further "traumatizing" the victim.

I'm confused as to why the CA would dismiss the abduction charges? Seems testifying to the rape would be more traumatic than abduction.

Moo

I don't know either. @gitana1 can you help us understand what nolle pross means and why the charges would be dismissed? Could this mean that IH is not cooperating and doesn't want to testify against Lynch?

snipped

Moo
I don’t get the thinking there either.

If there is DNA I don't think she has a choice - they can prosecute him on statutory rape, can't they? Maybe they are trying to figure out the best way to protect her going forward?
He needs to be in prison. IMO
I mean, they can do that. But I don't feel like she's going to be much help. Poor girl.

I don't know either. @gitana1 can you help us understand what nolle pross means and why the charges would be dismissed? Could this mean that IH is not cooperating and doesn't want to testify against Lynch?

It’s just a fancy way of saying the charge is being dropped.

It could mean the kid isn’t cooperating. Could be because she’s too traumatized and can’t talk or she’s brainwashed and insists she will tell the jury she wanted to go.

It’s just a fancy way of saying the charge is being dropped.

It could mean the kid isn’t cooperating. Could be because she’s too traumatized and can’t talk or she’s brainwashed and insists she will tell the jury she wanted to go.

This stinks. He is clearly a hazard to children, and has to be fairly delusional to cook up this fantasy of kidnapping a young girl and then expecting to hide out in the woods, armed, in winter, without considering either basic survival, longterm or the extremely small likelihood of succeeding with such a plan. He needs to be incarcerated to protect other girls and young women in the community, and to undergo mental health treatment if that's a factor as it seems it could be. Otherwise I can see him escalating to an off-the-grid 'mountain man' family fantasy like Don and Dan Nichols, or even one-man terrorism like Eric Robert Rudolph or Eric Frein.

Man accused of abducting Louisa County teen now facing sex crimes

Monday, a judge granted a motion to allow the felony charge to be put on hold so that the case can be taken up in Louisa Circuit Court.

Looks like the abduction charge was put on hold in order to try him on the more serious charges first in another court.

I guess it wasn’t totally dismissed then. That’s what those words mean (decline to prosecute) but I guess in VA it means it’s on hold.

The other two classes of charges - indecent liberties and carnal knowledge of a child- are class five and four felonies carrying penalties of 1-10 and 2-10 years.

IMO he won’t get 10.

But he’s getting something serious. His life is permanently altered and he will be put away long enough for this kid to see how predatory he is, realize how she was victimized and get help for that.

I hope she has as a good a team as ET had in TN. They were very good.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back