GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question..... was there ever any mention of a shower curtain? I don’t remember hearing anything and after seeing the videos of KK inside KB’s condo, in the bathroom, I didn’t see one. But I would think if she removed it during her 11/24/18 cleaning, the Berreths would have immediately noticed that. I’m guessing LE removed it at some point after (or it was there in the video, pulled aside, and I didn’t see it) but wanted to double check. TIA!

I've lost track of the timeline. So KB was at the Franch (but not welcome in the house) on the night before Thanksgiving, helping with the cattle? I thought she was at home, texting him, then left her home to go to Walmart, then to the franch.

Where was the baby in all this? Was she with PF or KB? When KB left the franch, was the baby with her? Or him?

Seems like KB had the baby at Safeway, but also PF had the baby at Walmart, in the sane general time frame. Like I said, I've lost my handle on the timeline.

The cinnamon rolls tell me she was expecting company...OR PF was there long enough in the morning, that she'd made them.... were any eaten?

The poinsettia and sparkling cider.... what were those for? Too early for the company Christmas party. If they were for Thanksgiving at the Franch, with or without her, why bring them in the house at all?

My blood froze when I saw that frame of PF leaving KB's, with the baby in arm, face forward. Small townhouse. We now know what that scene must've looked like. That's what Baby K was looking at. He didn't even cover her eyes....

And then 48 HRS... an hour in the limelight for MS, even CC got his 15 seconds of fame. The whole thing felt like a PSA put out by KK's team, poor rodeo queen. Where was the tribute to KB? Please tell me KK is not riding this media attention horse. She is no star. More like a black hole. Media whorse.

I'm left with such sadness.

MOO

I've lost track of the timeline. So KB was at the Franch (but not welcome in the house) on the night before Thanksgiving, helping with the cattle? I thought she was at home, texting him, then left her home to go to Walmart, then to the franch.

Where was the baby in all this? Was she with PF or KB? When KB left the franch, was the baby with her? Or him?

Seems like KB had the baby at Safeway, but also PF had the baby at Walmart, in the sane general time frame. Like I said, I've lost my handle on the timeline.

The cinnamon rolls tell me she was expecting company...OR PF was there long enough in the morning, that she'd made them.... were any eaten?

The poinsettia and sparkling cider.... what were those for? Too early for the company Christmas party. If they were for Thanksgiving at the Franch, with or without her, why bring them in the house at all?

My blood froze when I saw that frame of PF leaving KB's, with the baby in arm, face forward. Small townhouse. We now know what that scene must've looked like. That's what Baby K was looking at. He didn't even cover her eyes....

And then 48 HRS... an hour in the limelight for MS, even CC got his 15 seconds of fame. The whole thing felt like a PSA put out by KK's team, poor rodeo queen. Where was the tribute to KB? Please tell me KK is not riding this media attention horse. She is no star. More like a black hole. Media whorse.

MOO

There is a fabulous fabulous timeline that was presented in court.

Can somebody within the next hour tell me where this link came from so I can link it to this post and it doesn't get removed. I have it saved but I did not save the link it came from. It was from a news organization. All the screenshots below. I think I've got them in order.

ETA, it was so very smart for law enforcement to say this timeline was developed for other law enforcement officers during the investigation. And not an example for the court to the jury. I watched a trial just last month (Markle case) where the jury wanted to see an example of phone pings etc that was put up on the screen by the prosecutor, and they could not because it was not in evidence. Since this was part of a law enforcement evidence and investigation, it was allowed. Kudos! Kudos! To the prosecution for thinking of such.

ETA: DA's Office

ETA the quality on these are awful. They were done and screenshots from my phone and perhaps somebody else captured them from their computer and are higher quality. The original ones you can actually read oh, these are blurry.

Attachments

• 5dd88d347bb17.image.jpg
    5dd88d347bb17.image.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 5dd88d387b96c.image.jpg
    5dd88d387b96c.image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 5dd88d3ca91ca.image.jpg
    5dd88d3ca91ca.image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 5dd88d421ada9.image.jpg
    5dd88d421ada9.image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 5dd88d47a5ee2.image.jpg
    5dd88d47a5ee2.image.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Can somebody within the next hour tell me where this link came from so I can link it to this post and it doesn't get removed. I have it saved but I did not save the link it came from. It was from a news organization. All the screenshots below. I think I've got them in order.

ETA, it was so very smart for law enforcement to say this timeline was developed for other law enforcement officers during the investigation. And not an example for the court to the jury. I watched a trial just last month (Markle case) where the jury wanted to see an example of phone pings etc that was put up on the screen by the prosecutor, and they could not because it was not in evidence. Since this was part of a law enforcement evidence and investigation, it was allowed. Kudos! Kudos! To the prosecution for thinking of such.

Here’s the link @dixiegirl1035

The timeline photos are numbered 11-15 in this Gazette article. Patrick Frazee trial: Evidence presented to the jury

ETA: If you click on and zoom in on the timeline photos in the article it makes them a little easier to read.

Last edited:

MOO

Kelsey went with PF the night before Thanksgiving to check on cattle. This was not at the Franch. They had the baby with them. Kelsey did go get Tums in the middle of the night for PF for his stomach issue, and dropped them off at the Franch.

Kelsey then took the baby with her and went to her home. She talked to her mother in the morning on Thanksgiving and left the call to change the baby’s diaper.

ETA: From @Tippy Lynn most excellent timeline.

November 21, 2018 - Wednesday
  • KB told CB she didn’t get home till about 4 a.m. on Nov. 22 after meeting with PF on Nov. 21 to check on cattle. CB thought PF’s cattle were located in Westcliffe, but she wasn’t sure
  • KB told CB that PF was suffering from a stomach ulcer on Nov 21. CB told agent Slater that KB dropped off PF, went to the WP Walmart to get medicine for PF the night of Nov. 21 and went back to Florissant to give him the medicine.
  • KK and PF spoke on the phone. KK says he asked her what KK was doing on Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

ETA the quality on these are awful. They were done and screenshots from my phone and perhaps somebody else captured them from their computer and are higher quality. The original ones you can actually read oh, these are blurry.

What is interesting is that PF is late to Thanksgiving dinner and his mother hadn't called him? Or did they just not give us that information?

What is interesting is that PF is late to Thanksgiving dinner and his mother hadn't called him? Or did they just not give us that information?

Good point that maybe she already knew he would be late for dinner??

I know PF called his mother @4:30 and told her he was going to be late. I’m not sure if it was ever said by SF2 if PF gave an excuse to them once he got there why he was late?

JMO

Last edited:
Those photos would have been pored over by crime scene experts.

I imagine you’re seeing what looks like blood streaks on the wall. I think that has to do with image distortion, or something though.

If we can see it, they could too, and it wasn’t mentioned.

BBM. Yes sir. And that's still what I see looking at it with fresh eyes today: Red lines that look like streaks of blood splattered on the wall up high. It fits with how high KK said the blood was too. I think that the image was too poor quality for them to clean it up and make it clearer that it was blood. The color is already very bright around PF and over exposed like they tried to lighten the image to make things in the shadows more visible. The DA wouldn't want to mention anything that is not clearly proven because the defense would jump on that. Just look at the other suggestions given by those in this thread of what we could be seeing in the images (image distortion, red flowers on table, her purse, etc). It would have been an easy claim to dispute if those indistinguishable streaks were brought up.

The rest of the evidence was enough. We know from everything else that when PF left the condo around 4:30 on Nov 22 KB was dead. But we also know that KB's blood was all over the living room walls and floor in her condo. They could see the blood clearly in the torn up floorboards and they had positive DNA tests showing it was indisputably KB's blood-- that's more powerful evidence than a blurry image with red streaks. I think it wasn't mentioned because it wasn't clear enough and there were better pieces of evidence that showed those facts to be true without needing to introduce a weak piece that was open to dispute. But if we see it, I think the jury would have seen it too.

MOO.

ETA: Do we know which image the jury asked to see while in the jury room?

Just finishing watching last night’s 48 hrs. ... it was good, although I wish they’d followed the prosecution’s guideline of showing everything in chronological order. To me, it seemed choppy, bouncing back and forth with intermittent short video clips. I also think a two hour show, like Dateline or 20/20, would have been preferable. I feel it came across a bit confusing to viewers who had not followed the trial as we all have.

In spite of my criticism above, at least they portrayed PF and KK as the evil people that they are. JMHO ...

BBM. Yes sir. And that's still what I see looking at it with fresh eyes today: Red lines that look like streaks of blood splattered on the wall up high. It fits with how high KK said the blood was too. I think that the image was too poor quality for them to clean it up and make it clearer that it was blood. The color is already very bright around PF and over exposed like they tried to lighten the image to make things in the shadows more visible. The DA wouldn't want to mention anything that is not clearly proven because the defense would jump on that. Just look at the other suggestions given by those in this thread of what we could be seeing in the images (image distortion, red flowers on table, her purse, etc). It would have been an easy claim to dispute if those indistinguishable streaks were brought up.

The rest of the evidence was enough. We know from everything else that when PF left the condo around 4:30 on Nov 22 KB was dead. But we also know that KB's blood was all over the living room walls and floor in her condo. They could see the blood clearly in the torn up floorboards and they had positive DNA tests showing it was indisputably KB's blood-- that's more powerful evidence than a blurry image with red streaks. I think it wasn't mentioned because it wasn't clear enough and there were better pieces of evidence that showed those facts to be true without needing to introduce a weak piece that was open to dispute. But if we see it, I think the jury would have seen it too.

MOO.

ETA: Do we know which image the jury asked to see while in the jury room?

I think it might’ve been the 4:26:49 photo that the jury asked to see during deliberations. Sam Kraemer tweeted that the jury were interested in looking at the photo that showed a void between PF and the door.

JMO

Attachments

• 2528662E-ED85-4C7D-B41E-F85F9D4CB04B.jpeg
    2528662E-ED85-4C7D-B41E-F85F9D4CB04B.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 142
I believe PF's mother knew what had happened. My gut feeling all along is that she not only knew, but that she was a driving force in the entire thing. I still think it all comes down to money, the father's inheritance and the farm. SF hated KB, but with a baby involved they needed KB gone. IMO SF is just as guilty as PF and KK.

I've probably said this before but I think Patrick planned for KK to bring her truck (instead of the friend's Volkswagen) and he would just throw that tote into the back of it without giving her any choice.

Then it was all KK's crime and not his! I doubt he even concerned himself with her being able to get the tote out of the truck by herself.

Unlucky for Patrick KK said the tote wouldn't fit in the car.

Great post! I completely agree PF had full intentions of pinning it all on KK ... he would have been more than happy to have the phone and the body in KK’s truck, so he would get away with the murder! He is “Monster” times two! I love how you said he wouldn’t have even cared how she would be able to get the tote out of the truck by herself. I wonder how much KK has thought about that, and how lucky she was to be driving her friend’s car?

All thoughts IMO ...

Probably on the drive to retrieve the body from Nash. That body had to be removed from there, and then it would have been the time to discuss what was next.

I can’t imagine this conversation didn’t occur earlier though, like when they first met up after she had finished cleaning the house.

I wonder whether that big tote would have even fit in the trunk of KK's friend's VW... I haven't been able to find actual dimensions of the trunk ~ just that it had a volume of approx. 15 cubic feet. I imagine the smell of decomposition would have been pretty strong after a couple of days, making it impractical to travel 12 hours with the tote sitting in the back seat. Perhaps KK would have been more willing to travel with and dispose of KB's remains in that tote if she'd been driving her own truck on that trip.

That being said, it seems that PF had been busy preparing for the bonfire before KK even arrived on scene, so I'm not even convinced that burning it really was 'Plan B'... Maybe that's just one of those little tidbits made up by KK in an attempt to garner some sort of sympathy.

ETA: I see now that MemPat & Steelslady already brought this up a couple of pages back... Sorry, I missed those posts!

Last edited:
I wonder if it was to get the baby? I took a look at the video today- I didn't see any room downstairs to which the baby could have been in. Did I miss it? I know it was said she was in a second bedroom with toys (or was it office? I forget what they called that spare room).

If the baby was downstairs somewhere, there wouldn't have been a need for Patrick to go upstairs, as the bathroom was downstairs. Like someone else here said earlier-I thought she had a bathroom upstairs, or at least a half bath downstairs and a master bath upstairs.

Was he looking for her gun in her bedroom maybe?
the baby was downstairs in a walker in the back bedroom/office.
I can only guess he was looking for the gun..so he could get rid of KB and go back to the she killed herself out in the woods somewhere plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa