GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's finally over.

Except it really isn't.

I still have questions that I suppose we will never get answered. I realized we can't trust a word out of PF's mouth, but I still was hoping at some point to hear him try to justify the evidence. I still want the satisfaction of hearing him try to twist himself into a pretzel to explain away the inconvenient facts - like why he was in and out of the condo repeatedly on Thanksgiving Day and why, if he had done nothing wrong, he started lying about his and her whereabouts on Thanksgiving Day.

I wanted to hear from SF. I think it's remotely possible that PF will agree to talk to someone in the future, but I doubt if SF ever will. I wonder if she accepts her son's guilt or not - because that makes all the difference in what her life will be going forward. I'm inclined to think that they went with a public defender because she wasn't going to waste good money defending someone she knew to be guilty.

Finally....I'm surprised no one ever suggested that PF wasn't playing with a full deck. IIRC, CB described him as an 'odd duck'. He sounds 'odd' in his dog training video. I suspect he is 'odd', possibly somewhere on the 'spectrum'. I think his attorney came close in closing, suggesting that PF did engage in some remarkably stupid behavior. It's like the guy really does live in a fantasy world and there was no one in his peculiar life who ever called him out on it. A few months in jail and suddenly he's going to be a 'gangsta'? Really? I don't think he's 'off' enough to be allowed to plead not guilty by reason of insanity, but I definitely think he's a weirdo who has stayed out of trouble largely because he lived on a ranch with his mother in a small town and had an irregular job that didn't involved a lot of face time with people.

One other small item: the candle game. As others have noted, that never sounded like something even the most romantic guy would think up. I think it is a woman's game and I think it's the kind of thing women would play at a baby or wedding shower and I think that's how he heard about it - maybe from one of the female clients he liked to flirt with.

View attachment 217345 View attachment 217346
Call me crazy, but could this be a tote in front of him and he's holding it vertical with his left hand does using locking the door that is right??
Tippy Lynn has a better one somewhere, but here is a general timeline also.

12:31 and 12:33 p.m.: Frazee calls Berreth's cell phone in a 35-second call, and there is an incoming call from Berreth to Frazee listed as 8 seconds in length in the affidavit. The affidavit says that both of their cell phones connected to the same cell tower in Woodland Park

12:41 p.m.: A text message was exchanged between Berreth and Frazee.

12:54 – 1:17 p.m.: Frazee was captured on surveillance video at the Walmart in Woodland Park carrying a baby carrier with a blanket similar to the one seen in the Safeway footage. Investigators wrote in the affidavit that they believe their 1-year-old daughter was in the carrier at the time.

Kelsey Berreth case: Timeline of investigation, murder trial
So Could he be sitting outside her house when he sends that text at 12:33, then at 12:36 he is shown taking stuff into her door, then by 12:54 he scoots to Walmart... Am I understanding that right??

Call me crazy, but could this be a tote in front of him and he's holding it vertical with his left hand does using locking the door that is right??

So Could he be sitting outside her house when he sends that text at 12:33, then at 12:36 he is shown taking stuff into her door, then by 12:54 he scoots to Walmart... Am I understanding that right??
omg I couldn't see it before..but now I can..it could be vertical with the top facing out to the left. I hope this is not the case...but if it is...this is a moment of true evil right here captured forever.
wow

EDIT: I have looked at this all sideways and every angle and studied the tote shape. I'm gonna say I'm with Warwick7 ...this is the tote! Propped on one end with the top facing out to the murderer's left.

Last edited:
omg I couldn't see it before..but now I can..it could be vertical with the top facing out to the left. I hope this is not the case...but if it is...this is a moment of true evil right here captured forever.
wow
Yep agreed!!!
Everyone everywhere is talking about it!!!!!!
My hubby said since PF took that in at 12:36 when he knew KB was at Walmart, it was premeditated.

Yep agreed!!!
My hubby said since PF took that in at 12:36 when he knew KB was at Walmart, it was premeditated.
He prob had the bat in it
and I could be wrong but looks like he is unlocking the door with keys...if so, she was not there (or dead already). If she was not there then yeah ur hubby is right.

I'm gonna go to Lowes tomorrow and look at one. On review says it's good for horse tack. Sturdy and lightweight. I can't see how much it weighs.

So I think a defense argument was that you never saw him remove the tote from her home. Well it WAS in the truck beforehand..and there it is at her door...and there are photos of it in the truck later..in a different spot. This photo shows he took it from the truck to her home.
We all know this anyway, but this proves it.
He took this thing in her home while she was at Walmart?

I mean I could be completely wrong, but I don't think that's the tote at all in the picture everyone is pointing out.

When you see the tote in person, it's quite large. Slater carried it in and both arms were outstretched to the max. (it's like 53 gallons?)

The angle/way he's holding whatever it is, doesn't even appear to be 'box shaped' to me.

I think it's a sweatshirt, hiding a bat.

Yep...this is your moment of evil captured digitally.

Poor baby had to force himself to eat Thanksgiving dinner later...he texted CB Happy Thanksgiving.
Well Happy Thanksgiving THIS year to the murdering . May he rot in jail and burn in h*ll forever.

Yep agreed!!!
You mean Safeway?? PF went to Walmart, KB to Safeway.

I mean I could be completely wrong, but I don't think that's the tote at all in the picture everyone is pointing out.

When you see the tote in person, it's quite large. Slater carried it in and both arms were outstretched to the max. (it's like 53 gallons?)

The angle/way he's holding whatever it is, doesn't even appear to be 'box shaped' to me.

Agreed. I think it is the bat too. It looks like it could be to me. I think the tote is too large and awkward to carry for him to have in one hand like that.

from the end it's not a box...the tops is smaller than the lip it latches down on. And the lip extends out longer and wider than the base. The "box" part of the base is between his leg and the door. It's stood up vertically on one end with his hand on the front corner of the other end. It's like the lid has a brim that it sits on..and then the brim is on the box container part. It's 41" X 25" so it's about 3 1/2 feet long.

Either way, seems as though we all agree it's something not good..not natural....something that shouldn't be there.

I'm gonna go to Lowes tomorrow and look at one. On review says it's good for horse tack. Sturdy and lightweight. I can't see how much it weighs.

So I think a defense argument was that you never saw him remove the tote from her home. Well it WAS in the truck beforehand..and there it is at her door...and there are photos of it in the truck later..in a different spot. This photo shows he took it from the truck to her home.
We all know this anyway, but this proves it.
He took this thing in her home while she was at Walmart?

Someone asks how much it weighs on the page and the response is 5 lbs

https://www.lowes.com/pd/COMMANDER-53-Gallon-212-Quart-Black-Tote-with-Latching-Lid/1000341107

Since @GoJacks saw it in person I’m going to go with that version - I also thought it was the end of the bat tucked under - I have a very similar tote and the door isn’t open yet so the only place for the tote to be is to his side or behind him IMO and you can see the wood through the slats - I don’t think that was the tote
JMO

from the end it's not a box...the tops is smaller than the lip it latches down on. And the lip extends out longer and wider than the base. The "box" part of the base is between his leg and the door. It's stood up vertically on one end with his hand on the front corner of the other end. It's like the lid has a brim that it sits on..and then the brim is on the box container part. It's 41" X 25" so it's about 3 1/2 feet long.

Either way, seems as though we all agree it's something not good..not natural....something that shouldn't be there.

I looked this tote up - it apparently only weighs 5 pounds. PF was a fairly tall fit guy when these photos were taken. He could have easily lifted the empty tote on end with one hand.

I thought the same myself. Even with bleach, depending upon how long the stain is there and how it is treated, some blood would stain- it might be faint, but you can still see it. Maybe that's why she pretended that she left some for LE to find- she couldn't get it all off.

And maybe she just got lazy as the meds wore off! And hungry.

As the attached (shown in court) surveillance video timelines/calls show, he was on his way to her place and caught on surveillance of Williams Brothers at 12:30, with KB about one minute behind him. At 12:36 he was again caught on surveillance of Williams Brothers, he had already left her house with babyK and was on his way to the bank. At 12:44, he was caught on surveillance at the bank. After that, he headed to WalMart.
Patrick Frazee trial: Evidence presented to the jury
HTH

Page1Nov22.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't see tote in that photo? If we assume he was using a 53 Gal. Commander tote, that thing is really big. It's 41.25 inches long so that would be over half of PF's height. I do think it could be the concealed baseball bat though. JMO

so even though I have said he would have done this to someone sooner or later...I still don't get what the real reason was behind all of this was. He doesn't care about lil K. He and his siblings are still bickering over money. He was planning this for almost an entire year. Was he just tired of her and figured he could get insurance money and social security survivor benefits from lil K?

Sorry I guess I can't understand donkey groomer. And I know he is krazy but he just couldn't understand that tons of people would miss her..like no one would notice....like Scott Peterson.
So glad baby K is outta there. That needs to be permanent.
Yes, he is exactly like Scott Peterson, IMHO, selfish and evil. They can't just divorce or break up as normal people do. No, he doesn't care about baby K. She is a possession to him, or a tool to elicit sympathy and attract attention. MOO

Since @GoJacks saw it in person I’m going to go with that version - I also thought it was the end of the bat tucked under - I have a very similar tote and the door isn’t open yet so the only place for the tote to be is to his side or behind him IMO and you can see the wood through the slats - I don’t think that was the tote
JMO

Yah, not enough room between door and PF, plus you can see the brown of the door between his legs.

Also, i saw this asked earlier. So clarifying for whoever asked.

PF showed up a few minutes before KB showed up from Safeway. He went inside and then came right back out and then I assume waited for her to show up from Safeway and walked in with her.

Obviously he's bringing in something at this point that he doesn't want her to know about etc.

NOV 23, 2019
Patrick Frazee case: 'Deal with the devil' came at a cost after Kelsey Berreth death
Patrick Frazee is headed to prison for the cold-blooded murder of his fiancee and mother of his daughter, but the mistress who did nothing to prevent it and willingly helped him — allegedly doing “everything but swing the bat” — will get a slap on the wrist.

[...]

“She didn’t deserve this plea deal,” Cheryl Berreth said.

[...]

Despite the controversy, plea agreements — even generous deals — are hardly uncommon in local courts.

What May called “a deal with the devil” happens nearly every day in El Paso and Teller counties, where the vast majority of criminal cases end in negotiated settlements. By holding out the promise of reduced sentences, prosecutors secure convictions, ease crowded dockets and bolster their cases with new evidence obtained through the deals.

[...]

“Sometimes it’s they don’t have anything else and this is their long shot — this is what they got to put all their eggs in this basket for,” said Tracey Eubanks, a Colorado Springs criminal defense attorney. She’s seen clients spared by plea deals, but also sunk by them, as when an alleged accomplice turned state’s evidence and took the stand against them.

But forced cooperation can have mixed results, raising questions about the informer’s motivations and veracity, as evidenced by the withering cross-examinations in the Frazee trial.

[...]

Jurors generally demand evidence to corroborate an informant’s story, Eubanks said.

[...]

That was no different in Cripple Creek.

[...]

Until Lee came forward, investigators testified they had essentially no case against Frazee.

A search of Frazee’s property a few days before Lee’s involvement came up empty. Several dogs trained to discover human remains found nothing. And investigators said they found no evidence of any previous burn pile — past or present — anywhere on the 40-acre ranch.

Investigators found new evidence in all those locations after interviewing Lee, along with discovering a blood stain under floorboards in the living room, fireplace, a baby gate and high on a wall in Berreth's townhouse.

[...]
There is definitely some poetic justice in Patrick going to jail for life based on KK's testimony since he was prepared to risk her being caught with Kelsey's body on the drive back to Idaho.

It amuses me that for years he'll watch shows like 48 Hours emphasizing that fact, as will his "roommates".

Imagine how the jailhouse bullies will rag him about a woman taking him down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82