Found Deceased MI - Kristin Gromoske, 17, Menominee, 8 Nov 2019

This is something i fear. 17 year old takes off, but whoever is ‘helping her’ possibly someone she met online, has plans for her that are more than just letting her cool off with them for a couple days. We are about an hour north of Green Bay and it has been said that packer game weekends are big money makers for human traffickers. I did look, and this Sunday is a bye week. Last Sunday, however, was a home game. Below articles are from summer 2019. There is another I remember seeing on Facebook that talked about the packer games etc. trying to find it.
http://www.baycitiesonline.com/news...eads-to-multiple-arrests-in-menominee-county/
Sex Trafficking Investigation Leads to Multiple Arrests in Menominee County

Human trafficking in Wisconsin is subtle, police and survivors say

Human trafficking is all over Wisconsin, but subtle. You might have seen victims and never known.

it was pretty bold and out there in this case.

2-year-old Noelani Robinson found dead in Minnesota of blunt force trauma to the head, authorities believe

Just tossing ideas out ...

There's a comment about a phone call at 8:04AM on Saturday morning. That is the last time that the phone pinged. There's also a comment that she said that she didn't know where she was, but we know that she was at the Stateline Mini Mart at 8:04AM. How could she not know where she is? That location is 30 minutes from her home.

There's another comment that she was carrying a grocery bag, she was near the bridge but did not cross the bridge.

If she's carrying a grocery bag, presumably from the Mini Mart, and walking towards the bridge, phoning someone stating that she doesn't know where she is, what happened next? Her phone stopped working and she vanished. Why?

What is the big picture here? Was she with someone at the Mini Mart, she wandered off with the groceries, made a call, the person she was with drove up, and poof, she's gone?

Has the family been able to find anyone that she was with on the night of November 8 after 7:15PM?

View attachment 215900

View attachment 215901

I'm late but the scenario seems to me she was likely telling whoever she spoke to that she didn't know where she was, because she didn't want them to pick her up. and she was possibly carrying her belongings in a grocery bag. RIP to this poor girl.

I hope the investigation is thorough. I'm curious about toxicology results and hypothermia.
I hope so, too, but I feel like if toxicology shows any drugs they’ll just shrug their shoulders and rule it either suicide/accidental death and won’t investigate. There is a problem in our small towns with opiates and it seems like when a death occurs with a drug user, they are always ruled suicide or accidental overdose whether that’s what they truly were or not. Maybe it’d be different with her due to her being a minor, and (as far as I am aware) not being a ‘known junkie’. I hope they investigate. I have daughters and I want to know if there’s some sicko preying on young girls in the area and dumping them in the river. Makes me sick that it’s this close to home, and people I actually know.

She would have been in sight of the WI Welcome Center. Their page says brochures and restrooms are available even when not staffed, so like most, it was probably open, heated, and lighted. The small marina area is connected by a road under the bridge. The foot bridge is close. Unless she tried to cross ice in the still part of the river, or stumbled in, it looks intentional. So sad, regardless.

Although suicide is certainly a possibility, I'm curious about the 8:04AM phone call. Was she wandering around throughout the night feeling worse with every hour that passed, and the morning phone call was that one last chance she gave to the world to be rescued - but it wasn't what she hoped so she packed it in?

That would certainly take a strong will to drown oneself in that freezing water. I would think your natural instincts would be to get immediately right back out if you could even get yourself in in the first place. I guess she could have tried but wasn't able to get back out. But that really seems a difficult way to kill oneself. Sad and awful either way, sorry for this girl and those that loved her.

She would have been in sight of the WI Welcome Center. Their page says brochures and restrooms are available even when not staffed, so like most, it was probably open, heated, and lighted. The small marina area is connected by a road under the bridge. The foot bridge is close. Unless she tried to cross ice in the still part of the river, or stumbled in, it looks intentional. So sad, regardless.
I think they’re referring to the public rest rooms on Stephenson island. The WI welcome center (the little log building) isnt open if no staff is there. I wanted to get brochures and maps to put in gift bags for out of town guests when we got married, and I had to go there like 7 times before I finally went when it was open/someone was there. There is a stand outside the door that has some brochures and maps that you can grab if it’s not open/staffed, but if I recall correctly, there’s more inside. The wi welcome center it right next to the library; the waking bridge to Stephenson island is right behind it. And the public bathrooms that I’m thinking they’re referencing are not far at all once your get off the walking bridge. They’re always gross (like a typical public restroom at a place that’s not often staffed/cleaned), floors are always super wet, but still somewhere heated with running water and toilets.
im really puzzled if there’s no foul play. I think we can rule out suicide via jumping off the bridge as she wasn’t seen on the cameras on the interstate bridge. You can see the water that I took pictures of on Monday, that’s taken from right in the parking lot that is shared between the library & wi welcome center. I wish I would have gotten a little better pictures, but I would also be shocked if she died due to walking on the ice and falling through. That area did have ice, but also very obvious open spots and where there was ice, IMO it was/should have been obvious that it was not yet safe to walk on. However if she was under the influence of something, and using poor judgment, it is a possibility. There have been ZERO updates. Everyone in town is talking about it, but I have not heard any new details. I wonder if they suspected foul play would they say? Just the other day, a 35 year old was arrested in Menominee county, mi, for murdering his dad. He is being held in the jail in the city of Menominee. The murder took place in Harris, mi (part of Menominee county, but nearly an hour north of the city of Menominee. Yesterday there was also some sort of drug raid at the hush lounge in Menominee, mi. Like I said earlier on, nothing ever happens In this small town, so all of this going on over just a few days probably has our police officers very very busy. Still makes me anxious not knowing if they suspect foul play and there’s a creep roaming around.

That would certainly take a strong will to drown oneself in that freezing water. I would think your natural instincts would be to get immediately right back out if you could even get yourself in in the first place. I guess she could have tried but wasn't able to get back out. But that really seems a difficult way to kill oneself. Sad and awful either way, sorry for this girl and those that loved her.
I 100% agree. What a terrible way to go. Jumping off the bridge (and with the not so deep water, and huge rocks) likely dying on impact vs drowning sounds awful enough, but I can’t imagine how awful it would be to drown yourself. Like you said you’d think your natural survival instincts would kick in, which, if you were unable to save yourself, would make it all the more awful of a way to go. So scary. All Jmo

Most recent Fb post by grandma makes me think it probably was suicide :(
Will post this as JMO because nothing has been reported in MSM yet, her funeral was this afternoon, maybe something will be announced Monday as they wanted to give the family time to have her funeral before making an announcement. However, I have been told an arrest has been made. Again, posting as just my opinion because it came from a coworker of the person arrested, not an official source. I think we will learn more. Also was told it all happened on camera.

Will post this as JMO because nothing has been reported in MSM yet, her funeral was this afternoon, maybe something will be announced Monday as they wanted to give the family time to have her funeral before making an announcement. However, I have been told an arrest has been made. Again, posting as just my opinion because it came from a coworker of the person arrested, not an official source. I think we will learn more. Also was told it all happened on camera.
Thank you for keeping us posted. You are doing the best factual job of a "local posting" that I have ever seen on WS.......moo

Thank you for keeping us posted. You are doing the best factual job of a "local posting" that I have ever seen on WS.......moo
Thank you! I appreciate that! The stories I was told over the weekend involved 2 different people, both males, and from my understanding both around 40 years old but I am unsure if they had any ties to one another. I was told she had just gotten home from rehab the day she went missing, and was picked up in Menominee by one male, which had been suspected. Then some graphic details about their night. The person who picked her up is said to have dropped her off at Stateline the next morning. Then a second male comes into the picture, buying her alcohol at Stateline. Not sure if she’d arranged for him to meet her there or if he just overheard that the other guy had left her there or what have you and took advantage of that. Apparently what happened to end her life was caught on cameras that are located underneath the interstate bridge on the right side. That would be kind of behind where the train cars were in one of the pictures I posted. Heard an arrest has been made, and that one of the males (if I remember correctly it sounded like it was the last one) has some sort of connection to Gregory Ihander, who was charged with a murder in Menominee county, MI, in 2015. Very sad situation, and I am anticipating an update from police soon. Again, I will say this post is all my own speculation due to my source not being MSM.

ETA link to an article about the murder Ihander was charged with that I briefly mentioned. Prosecutor on U.P. murder: "Tragic result of domestic violence"
Prosecutor on U.P. murder: "Tragic result of domestic violence"

RBBM

Okay. Waiting for details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches