GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's finally over.

Except it really isn't.

I still have questions that I suppose we will never get answered. I realized we can't trust a word out of PF's mouth, but I still was hoping at some point to hear him try to justify the evidence. I still want the satisfaction of hearing him try to twist himself into a pretzel to explain away the inconvenient facts - like why he was in and out of the condo repeatedly on Thanksgiving Day and why, if he had done nothing wrong, he started lying about his and her whereabouts on Thanksgiving Day.

I wanted to hear from SF. I think it's remotely possible that PF will agree to talk to someone in the future, but I doubt if SF ever will. I wonder if she accepts her son's guilt or not - because that makes all the difference in what her life will be going forward. I'm inclined to think that they went with a public defender because she wasn't going to waste good money defending someone she knew to be guilty.

Finally....I'm surprised no one ever suggested that PF wasn't playing with a full deck. IIRC, CB described him as an 'odd duck'. He sounds 'odd' in his dog training video. I suspect he is 'odd', possibly somewhere on the 'spectrum'. I think his attorney came close in closing, suggesting that PF did engage in some remarkably stupid behavior. It's like the guy really does live in a fantasy world and there was no one in his peculiar life who ever called him out on it. A few months in jail and suddenly he's going to be a 'gangsta'? Really? I don't think he's 'off' enough to be allowed to plead not guilty by reason of insanity, but I definitely think he's a weirdo who has stayed out of trouble largely because he lived on a ranch with his mother in a small town and had an irregular job that didn't involved a lot of face time with people.

One other small item: the candle game. As others have noted, that never sounded like something even the most romantic guy would think up. I think it is a woman's game and I think it's the kind of thing women would play at a baby or wedding shower and I think that's how he heard about it - maybe from one of the female clients he liked to flirt with.

He is a likely a sociopath.

Beth Reid, one of the prosecutors on the case, said after the verdict that she never witnessed Frazee express anything other than the emotionless state he exhibited in court.

"I think based on my observations of Patrick Frazee over the last year, that there’s a potential that Patrick Frazee indicates and is consistent with a sociopath," Reid said. "And that’s a person who has basically an inability to feel empathy with other people."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ty-first-degree-murder-death-fianc-e-n1084856

The way the condo is built into a bank, that storage room window on the side/back of the building is close to the ground level.

It appears that the neighbors Arlo camera was pointed directly at Kelsey’s door and I’m not sure if that camera would’ve picked up movement at the far back side of the building?

Here’s a Google Street view image taken from Lake Ave. of the back, side (storage room) window.

JMO

Great point....!

Going back to PF at the bank inside. One question he asked was "can they see the carrier?"
At the time I thought ok, but why, what's the big deal.
Well, as it stands that carrier was made to look like there was a baby in it.
I don't believe there was.
He's at the AMT and Wal-Mart BEFORE Kelsey gets back with the baby grocers and the poinseta.
Alibi building!
THATS why he wanted to see if it could be seen.

The way the condo is built into a bank, that storage room window on the side/back of the building is close to the ground level.

It appears that the neighbors Arlo camera was pointed directly at Kelsey’s door and I’m not sure if that camera would’ve picked up movement at the far back side of the building?

Here’s a Google Street view image taken from Lake Ave. of the back, side (storage room) window.

JMO

Thanks for finding that photo. He could have brought the tote in through the window too. I feel like there were discussions about the lack of other security cameras in the area, but now I can't remember where I read them.

@PommyMommy
Pommy I luv your timeline.
:0)
1. Is Ent the ATM?
2. I'm confused about PF's Wal-Mart snap shot with the baby...

KB doesn't even get back with Walmart groceries and poinsettia until 1:24pm

Did I miss something? Or is my mind running away with itself that there is no baby in that carrier with PF...
1. Yes, it's the ATM at ENT Credit Union.
2. Kelsey left Safeway (not Walmart) approx 12:27 p.m. per her receipt.

The carrier and blanket are the same in both the Safeway video of KB and the Walmart photo of PF. The baby's face is visible to me in the Walmart photo - it looks like she's asleep.

113-2-1.jpg
Frazee-Walmart.jpg

Images from: DA releases exhibits admitted to evidence in Patrick Frazee murder trial

MOO

Picture doesn't do it justice. It's quite large in person.

Also, say he does bring this tote in in that picture. Where in the heck in her tiny place does he hide it while he runs his errands? I'm pretty sure it would stick out anywhere in there and be easily noticeable...
It prob proportional to him as my 34 X 18 totes are to me (I'm 5' 3"). I wish I could find something about the same size and put a 6 ft something guy next to it in front of a door. How tall is PF?

We use our totes all of the time. Pack them up and load them in the truck. They are great for moving kids off to college. To be honest, KB would have fit very easily in that tote he had. She could have fit in the ones I have no prob.

You were there (thank goodness!!) and I wasn't, so I do not want to disregard what you are saying. I just see what could be a black tote and based on what I have at my house I think he could do it. I just don't really see that bat, but maybe it is.

I think it's really interesting how we all agree it's something weird though! Probably..because it is!

There is definitely some poetic justice in Patrick going to jail for life based on KK's testimony since he was prepared to risk her being caught with Kelsey's body on the drive back to Idaho.

It amuses me that for years he'll watch shows like 48 Hours emphasizing that fact, as will his "roommates".

Imagine how the jailhouse bullies will rag him about a woman taking him down!

Loved your last line, MemPat.:):)
PF certainly will be laughed at, heckled, how a woman led to his downfall.

It prob proportional to him as my 34 X 18 totes are to me (I'm 5' 3"). I wish I could find something about the same size and put a 6 ft something guy next to it in front of a door. How tall is PF?

We use our totes all of the time. Pack them up and load them in the truck. They are great for moving kids off to college. To be honest, KB would have fit very easily in that tote he had. She could have fit in the ones I have no prob.

You were there (thank goodness!!) and I wasn't, so I do not want to disregard what you are saying. I just see what could be a black tote and based on what I have at my house I think he could do it. I just don't really see that bat, but maybe it is.

I think it's really interesting how we all agree it's something weird though! Probably..because it is!
PF is 6'2" tall.
Tiger Roster | Inmate Info

The dimensions of the Commander XXL tote are:
Depth 41.25"
Width 25.13"
Height 20.63"
https://www.lowes.com/pd/COMMANDER-53-Gallon-212-Quart-Black-Tote-with-Latching-Lid/1000341107

Picture doesn't do it justice. It's quite large in person.

Also, say he does bring this tote in in that picture. Where in the heck in her tiny place does he hide it while he runs his errands? I'm pretty sure it would stick out anywhere in there and be easily noticeable...

I’ve followed this case from the beginning but this is my first post here. I’ve always just assumed he told her it was for Christmas decorations. I thought I remember hearing that Kelsey told her mom they were getting a tree soon.

Going back to PF at the bank inside. One question he asked was "can they see the carrier?"
At the time I thought ok, but why, what's the big deal.
Well, as it stands that carrier was made to look like there was a baby in it.
I don't believe there was.
He's at the AMT and Wal-Mart BEFORE Kelsey gets back with the baby grocers and the poinseta.
Alibi building!
THATS why he wanted to see if it could be seen.
Yup!

I’ve followed this case from the beginning but this is my first post here. I’ve always just assumed he told her it was for Christmas decorations. I thought I remember hearing that Kelsey told her mom they were getting a tree soon.

Welcome Happygolucky, with your first post.:):):)
Guess we'll be hearing more from you, as the evidence, is discussed fully.

Welcome to Websleuths, Happygolucky! You'll enjoy the passionate posters here, almost all of whom are also happy and kind.

Someone else may have already said. But I just found on the cell data at 4:39 PF sends KK a text to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving, then asked her to call when she can.

4 minutes later @4:43 she does. They talk for 2 minutes and 21 seconds.

@ 4:50 he calls her again, they talk for 4 minutes. He has KB cell with him.
------------
Wishes KK a happy thanksgiving?!!!!!

Thanks for joining us Happygolucky123. Nice to have you with us. :)
I wonder why they wanted to see that photo? I can't seem to make out what they were questioning.
I don't necessarily think they were questioning anything (maybe; maybe not) but that they requested the photo because it was shown in court but they didn't have it in the jury room when they went to deliberate. ? MOO

Thanks for joining us Happygolucky123. Nice to have you with us. :)

I don't necessarily think they were questioning anything (maybe; maybe not) but that they requested the photo because it was shown in court but they didn't have it in the jury room when they went to deliberate. ? MOO

It shouldn't be long before some journalist pays a juror or three to tell things from their point of view and we'll get answers to some questions.

What would you ask them?

I'd want to know how much they laughed about what an idiot Patrick is and at exactly what point in the trial they knew beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty.

I'd also like to know how much weight they gave the tooth in the fire pit and how many votes it took to get to unanimous.

I'd be really surprised if there wasn't a gathering of people at the back door of the courthouse Monday asking to represent them, wouldn't you?

Last edited:
I’m still confused.

KB left Safeway at 12:27 with baby K.

PF, KB and the baby are seen going into the condo at 1:24.

But sometime between 12:27 and 1:24 PF somehow got the baby from KB, took baby to the atm and Walmart then met back up with KB and all 3 went into the condo with the stuff she bought at Safeway.

My question is why did KB not bring the groceries in until all 3 of them were together? Maybe I’m overthinking things but seems so strange to me.

It shouldn't be long before someone pays a juror or three to tell things from their point of view and we'll get answers to some questions.

What would you ask them?

I'd want to know how much they laughed about what an idiot Patrick is and at exactly what point in the trial they knew beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty.

I'd also like to know how much weight they gave the tooth in the fire pit and how many votes it took to get to unanimous.

I'd be really surprised if there wasn't a gathering of people at the back door of the courthouse Monday asking to represent them, wouldn't you?
I'd like to know if they believed KK's entire testimony or if there were things they didn't believe. If so, what and why. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong