Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this here from the media thread post 789 courtesy @bradfordsleuth.

(In case this has been buried in the thread I am bumping it up.)

You can fast forward to the three minute 20 second mark mark to bypass the commentary and listen. They found something (undisclosed) on the bridge the day that ISP went back to the crime scene area.

February 23, 2017

(Sorry video didn't come over but just go to page 40 post 789 in the media thread to view original. Problems with reply box while posting )

The same day as this article was printed.....

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Last edited:
hmmmm, back to a wee bit of head...possible hat, analysis.

I see it, if it is a hat, to be pointy at the front, with the black spot being the nose, rising to the rear in a triangular fashion, maybe even making out an eye on the right, and then the tail coming off the right rear down to his shoulder. Maybe a fox?

Crazy stuff, but if it WAS a specialized hat of some sort, that would be a potential identifier.

upload_2019-11-25_7-17-1.png

carry on

Interesting idea. If he didn't touch them that much, then that would almost rule out SA. Truth is, I don't recall proof of how much DNA they have, or whether the scene was contaminated, or staged.
I don’t think there was SA, even intended. But could he have taken a photo of the scene? You don’t need a phone or a digital camera for it. Any old phone will do. MOO - it is quite possible.

Phone interview with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby

“This one’s just – it’s got a whole new, it’s got a whole twist to it that even I as a 30-year veteran have never seen”.

I originally thought it was the fact that they have video and audio of a suspect. However, TL would have known when he did this interview that the evidence was from an iPhone which obviously wasn’t around 30 years ago. Ideas anyone?

@ 9:00
DELPHI DOUBLE MURDER UPDATE INTERVIEW WITH SHERIFF TOBE LEAZENBY - 9tube.tv

I see it, if it is a hat, to be pointy at the front, with the black spot being the nose, rising to the rear in a triangular fashion, maybe even making out an eye on the right, and then the tail coming off the right rear down to his shoulder. Maybe a fox?

Crazy stuff, but if it WAS a specialized hat of some sort, that would be a potential identifier.

View attachment 217460

carry on

If there are two ears (flaps covering ears), it is also possible
Something like it, with two “ears”, only the front is more like a “bill” and the ears are shorter.

it is strange, I see a combo of a tyrolen hat, with a short bill and very characteristic center, plus “ears” on the sides. Of course if a person is a hunter, and has access to pelts, one can custom-make any hat, only it is an unusual fashion.

What else do people see?

Attachments

• E0F37B98-8096-496C-8824-E65655931BAC.jpeg
    E0F37B98-8096-496C-8824-E65655931BAC.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Phone interview with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby

“This one’s just – it’s got a whole new, it’s got a whole twist to it that even I as a 30-year veteran have never seen”.

I originally thought it was the fact that they have video and audio of a suspect. However, TL would have known when he did this interview that the evidence was from an iPhone which obviously wasn’t around 30 years ago. Ideas anyone?

@ 9:00
DELPHI DOUBLE MURDER UPDATE INTERVIEW WITH SHERIFF TOBE LEAZENBY - 9tube.tv
bbm
I believe, the "twist" has to be something, which isn't easy to unravel. Not something like video or audio tape. But something contradictory in a way. MOO

One could surmise if the killer had weapons and or other implements on his person that were used in this murder then it would, IMO, be logical to assume he arrived there with intent, planning to murder that day, motive unknown.

We don’t know what type of tools he had with him, a hunter or fisher could be out there with numerous things that could be used in a crime like this. We don’t know whether he took rope, wire or anything else from a shed or from a nearby propery.

Edit: In the horrific murder in West Cork the perp hit the victim with a concrete paving slab he picked up near her home.

Last edited:
Is it possible the perp actually didn’t phsyically touch them that much?
I suppose anything is possible. If it had been only a lone victim it would probably be even more possible.

I'm also going by the descriptive words used by LE, (paraphrasing) horrific, a scene of nightmares, not being today the way you left them, etc... It sounds like a complex and just awful crime scene.

I can't see Libby as not fighting hard and if she lost her shoe in the creek area, her killer would most likely of had to put his hands on her (maybe gloved) if she was fleeing or fell. Abby being so slight might not have been as much of an adversary for him.

Since no mention of gunshots has leaked, and I believe that probably would have, the killer's choice of weapon probably needed to be more up close than a gun. I suppose a suppressor could have been used though. AJMO

God it just chills the soul writing about this. Bless those two angels Lord.

bbm
I believe, the "twist" has to be something, which isn't easy to unravel. Not something like video or audio tape. But something contradictory in a way. MOO

Yes - the “thing” that the person has left belongs to one person, the DNA, to someone else. It is as if the “clues” don’t match.

And when they would not match? It most of them were left on purpose.

View attachment 217460

carry on

This is another reason I do not think the 2nd sketch is a good resemblance of the killer and may not even be the killer. I think the man on the bridge was wearing some type of hat. This is what I see in the video. Yet the man in the sketch is not wearing a hat. And I do not think the killer took the hat off and walked around with it in his hands after the crime.

If there are two ears (flaps covering ears), it is also possible
Something like it, with two “ears”, only the front is more like a “bill” and the ears are shorter.

it is strange, I see a combo of a tyrolen hat, with a short bill and very characteristic center, plus “ears” on the sides. Of course if a person is a hunter, and has access to pelts, one can custom-make any hat, only it is an unusual fashion.

What else do people see?

Were you thinking something more along the line of this type of hat? I’m in central indiana and this is a common style hat for hunters to wear around here.

Attachments

• C3A95147-934E-4884-B2F9-8F1327BFEAF6.jpeg
    C3A95147-934E-4884-B2F9-8F1327BFEAF6.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2
I'm of the opinion that the "twist" the Sheriff talks about was the recording, audio and video, of the killer by the victim.
Maybe, I don't know (as a German speaking person), when exactly to use the term "twist". :) In German "Twist" would mean some tangle of 2 or more things/facts. It wouldn't mean something, which surprisingly was found (video/audio).
A real "twist" would be: one "fake perp" (??) in the video/audio, but the real perp under the bridge and not visible on video; different DNA by evidence, but matching partly. That would have been a brainteaser task (IF the term exists at all). MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you thinking something more along the line of this type of hat? I’m in central indiana and this is a common style hat for hunters to wear around here.

Yes, only I think it is made of a lamb skin, or maybe faux lambskin, or brown color (hence debates whether it is hair or not - the color is natural, between sand and brown). And I think the reason I see a tyrolen hat in it is because the central part has a triangular insert, it is sometimes done when there is not enough material but in this case, I think it is just the fashion.

bbm

Yes, that's what I think too, but for the life of me I can't think of what it might be. If I had to suggest something, I could only hazard a wild guess that there is an indication that 2 perps must have been present because of something found at the crime scene. What that might be, I haven't a clue.

Yes - the “thing” that the person has left belongs to one person, the DNA, to someone else. It is as if the “clues” don’t match.

And when they would not match? It most of them were left on purpose.
... or there were relatives underway and LE found DNA, matching 50% in full, but 50% of the same sources didn't match (heard of it in a TV crime documentary recently). Further "twist" would be the fact, they found only one person on the video/audio, but two similar DNA evidence. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, I don't know (as a German speaking person), when exactly to use the term "twist". :)

i think he used it in the meaning, “a twist in the plot” - imagine reading a review of a detective novel, with these words, what would you expect? “Not your average story”, but it can be anything.

For example, “the murders in the Rue Morgue”, by Edgar A Poe, would be a book with an interesting twist. MOO.

Here, an interesting twist could be if one person planned and organized the murders for a reason, but allowed another one, young and messed up, to execute them. Just an example.

ETA: anyhow, the way i’d understand it would be “a twist in the plot”. Two different DNA’s would still be merely “unusual clues”. But - there is one, pretty unusual, DNA situation that would create a total mess, and “a twist in the plot”. MOO

Last edited:
Too many innuendos. When LE speak they dont say much if you get my drift. A whole new twist? Why dont you come out and say what you're referring to? I get it might be jeopardizing the case but what's the point of all this jibber when we're going on almost 3 years in 3 months?

I'm always left more confused when LE speak. I can't tell what's a metaphor or analogy or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82