GUILTY OH - Kyla Hayton, 20, pregnant, & Todd Burkhart, 28, Columbus, 16 Nov 2019 *arrest*

Looks like police are going live soon regarding the recent body that was found.
WATCH LIVE: Police give update after body is found near site where missing Mansfield man was found dead
Detectives canvassed the area and used cadaver dogs and found her - deceased. He said the building was partially occupied - it had electricity and it's in an area where alot of abandoned homes are. He said she had been deceased for some time. They are still working on the timeline. lot of details he can't divulge. She is a homicide (didn't specify by gunshot). Her child is with family. They have an individual in custody - POI and held on weapons charges. Larry Rogers. He said Burkhart and Rogers were acquaintances. The bodies were in separate structures. He believes they were killed in the houses they were found. Crime scene is Dayton. Drugs? can't comment Weapons? can't comment.

ETA: I updated as I listened - this should be moved to located deceased.
ETA: here is the link
Body found in Dayton home is that of missing Mansfield woman, police say

Last edited:
Detectives canvassed the area and used cadaver dogs and found her - deceased. He said the building was partially occupied - it had electricity and it's in an area where alot of abandoned homes are. He said she had been deceased for some time. They are still working on the timeline. lot of details he can't divulge. She is a homicide (didn't specify by gunshot). Her child is with family. They have an individual in custody - POI and held on weapons charges. Larry Rogers. He said Burkhart and Rogers were acquaintances. The bodies were in separate structures. He believes they were killed in the houses they were found. Crime scene is Dayton. Drugs? can't comment Weapons? can't comment.

I don’t understand why it took this long to get cadavar dogs out there.

RIP Kayla

RIP Kayla
I think he said they had the dogs there over the weekend (NO THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM OVER THE WEEKEND- see below) - and were checking unoccupied houses (alot of them apparently) - the house where she was found had a light on - so they couldn't go inside - he mentioned that it took some doing (I guess to get inside the house where she was found?) - but when they were the dog alerted and she was found deceased.
JMO
ETA: Link - cadaver dogs were loaned today (Monday) - as I was listening to the presser I thought they said they had the dogs over the weekend. Sorry for that error.

Last edited:

RIP Kayla
Where are you getting your information from, please? You do realize that there are cases to which dogs are involved throughout the searches- some for months and years, that never find anything?

I've seen search and cadaver dogs go right by a victim who is buried, yet they alerted nothing. Blaze Bernstein's case is a perfect example of this.

I think LE did an exceptional job on this case. Nine days later, both Todd and Kyla have been found. Do you see how many cases on here there are of missing people that go weeks, months, years, before they're found?

I think he said they had the dogs there over the weekend - and were checking unoccupied houses (alot of them apparently) - the house where she was found had a light on - so they couldn't go inside - he mentioned that it took some doing - but when they were the dog alerted and she was found deceased.
JMO

I heard him say they brought the cadavar dogs in today. I did not hear him say the dogs were there over the weekend. Only that detectives were working the case over the weekend.

Body found in Dayton home is that of missing Mansfield woman, police say

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A missing Mansfield woman was found dead in a home in Dayton Monday, three days after her boyfriend’s body was found nearby.

Dayton Police confirms that Kyla Hayton and her unborn child were found dead in a home in the 900 block of Stewart Street in Dayton Monday morning. Her boyfriend, Todd Burkhart, was found dead in a house on the same street on Friday.
Continues with video at link

Where are you getting your information from, please? You do realize that there are cases to which dogs are involved throughout the searches- some for months and years, that never find anything?

I've seen search and cadaver dogs go right by a victim who is buried, yet they alerted nothing. Blaze Bernstein's case is a perfect example of this.

I think LE did an exceptional job on this case. Nine days later, both Todd and Kyla have been found. Do you see how many cases on here there are of missing people that go weeks, months, years, before they're found?

I got my info from the live update same as you did? Apparently we heard 2 different things. I heard the dogs took them straight to the house with her body today.

I don't agree that they did an "exceptional" job. And that is okay we don't have to agree. But I am not sure why you are so aggressive in your posts to me.

I got my info from the live update same as you did? Apparently we heard 2 different things. I heard the dogs took them straight to the house with her body today.

I don't agree that they did an "exceptional" job. And that is okay we don't have to agree. But I am not sure why you are so aggressive in your posts to me.

From WDN News: Body found in Dayton home is that of missing Mansfield woman, police say

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources offered the aid of their cadaver dogs Monday, which helped investigators discover the whereabouts of Kyla’s remains.

Well, we can sleuth Larry Rogers now that he was mentioned in the press conference, I presume?

Anyone have any good finds?

That is the street LR lived on. The street name is also his FB name. But most of his page has been scrubbed now and his girlfriend took her page down.

There was a lot of info on both pages before they were taken down. Both were public at the time this happened. Hoping LE got screen shots of both pages. Extensive arrest record

https://www.miamivalleyjails.org/JAILBOOKING.ASPX?CJIS_OR_PARTY_ID=C22609856&JAILBOOKING_ID=26686489

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back