Found Deceased TX - Hamil Cody Ross, 33, left behind while driving to job site, Ector County, 9 Nov 2019

Well at least the sighting confirms he was safe, as in his crew didn’t do something to cover up his death which is what I feared.
I agree, the fact they don’t share where this sighting actually happened is frustrating.
Really worried about this guy anyway though, this was two weeks ago!!! o_O

Now, more questions.....

So...the facts seem to have changed. He went missing from the site, no mention of a truck and him being missing from that, he apparently walked to the witness's house and used the phone (it says he tried to call someone - was he not successful?) Has not been seen since leaving that house, but to me it sounds like he tried to get a ride.

His FB posts on Oct 12-19 are barely coherent. There are almost no responses or likes to any of his posts. What would he mean about messing with his DNA? Who is talking about him amongst themselves (after 15 years of talking sh!* to him)?

He seems to be posting videos from his former job. I wonder when he left/lost that job.

Downward spiral of mental break plus drug abuse? Maybe some sort of psychological disorder began to rear its head? Thus making him that much more vulnerable :(
I hope he’s safe and off the grid just trying to get his bearings.

Well, the walking off from the site, asking at a house to use the phone, unsuccessfully trying to call someone, all adds up to voluntarily gone to me. MOO. Very different from "left beside the road" narrative of earlier. Sad for the family.

I don't find his postings on FB incoherent. They are mainly about football. But I was surprised by the videos taken on the job. That's usually a big no-no. Safety officer would be concerned about that for sure, drilling supervisor would be concerned.

Why did he abandon his job? Was there a p*ss test about to be given?

I think he's laying low somewhere. MOO, as always.

Last edited:
So did he walk away from the job site or did he disappear after getting out a truck while the boss was on the phone?
Would a boss “be lost” at the job site (that doesn’t make sense to me)?
But with there being a witness, then at least we know he was ok at that point, but where’d he go from there? What time was it when he made it to the witness house? Asking because I’d be leery to let someone in or let use the phone around 2 or so in the morning.

What is extremely weird is the description by the witness. It is MOO but the witness may have seen someone else, because no one is allowed on the site wearing sneakers, not even to work in the frac shack much less on the rig. He would have to be wearing steel-toes AND he would be wearing a fire retardant outfit, too. Something just ain't right. So is it 100 Percent certain it was him??? Surely the crew boss wouldn't have allowed them to violate the safety reqs. MOO. Did he dress that way bc he planned to walk off???

sbm
Surely the crew boss wouldn't have allowed them to violate the safety reqs. MOO. Did he dress that way bc he planned to walk off???
Well, that's the same crew boss who let one of his guys stay behind in the middle of the night without looking for him, or letting anyone know until the shift was over.

I think they left Hamil on purpose, maybe even laughing as they drove off.
He seems vulnerable. imo.

Even if he left of his own accord, I don't think it was voluntary. Mental illness, drugs, something, but not really voluntary.
After he left the home of the person he stopped at to make the phone call, where would he have gone? Did he find someone to give him a ride somewhere? Did he hitchhike? Were the work related posts something the company would have sent a goon out to get him for posting them? Maybe he was a whistle blower and knew his number was up so he went off grid for a bit.

I still don't understand why the boss doesn't go back and try to find him, and instead texts the family the location where he was last seen.
because sounds like he knows what happened , my sister was married to one of these oil worker guys and for the most part they are shady AH hers and his whole crew were I wont go into it also my EX SIL worked out there as a accountant in the field set up office and he said EVERY single guy he worked with offered him meth...he still works there last we heard was he was in jail then rehab.....just sayin. Odessa can be scary I used to live there too .

I have 2 comments,

Construction workers don't always wear their dirty boots and clothes off the sites. They have gang boxes metal storage units they keep tools in and maybe their clothes.

I would never believe someone could leave someone behind until one day: growing up our neighbors had a small RV you could walk from the cab to the back where the kitchenette was and bunk beds. They only had 1 son. While traveling, they stopped for gas their son was woke up left the truck from the side RV door the parents used the RV cab doors. He went inside to use the bathroom get some snacks, when he came out they were gone. It wasn't until after an hour they were on the road they realized he wasn't in the back sleeping so they turned back and went to the rest stop where he was waiting. He was 13 or 14, he said I knew at some point they would realize I wasn't there. In those days there were no cell phones. Leaving someone behind can innocently happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back