GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Video for 1994 Song 'Runaway Train' Helped Recover 21 Missing Kids — But 11 Have Not Been Found

Before Amber Alerts and social media, there was Soul Asylum’s video of ‘Runaway Train’ airing on MTV. In the video for the 1994 hit, the band featured powerful vignettes about 36 children who have gone missing. As a result of the video, 25 of the children were found -- but the following 11 remain unaccounted for.
By Elaine Aradillas May 31, 2019 12:11 PM

AUNDRIA BOWMAN

Aundria Bowman was 14 years old when she was last seen at her home in Hamilton, Michigan, on March 11, 1989. She may go by the names Alex or Alexis.

Runaway Train on my Google Drive - It's the only place you can see this video. I found it about 5 years ago in time for Alexis's 40th birthday. I'm still shocked I was able to find it! It's very rare. Alexis is shown after the rape scene which was removed in other versions. 3 versions were done, Alexis's version is the only one not online at you tube.
Runaway Train.mpeg

‘Runaway Train’ Video Helped Find Missing Kids 25 Years Ago — and Now Song Has Been Re-Released

The Grammy-winning hit that featured 36 real-life missing kids has been re-released on the 25th anniversary of the song
By Elaine Aradillas May 29, 2019 11:59 AM
In the evocative video for the 1994 Grammy-winning hit, the band showcased powerful vignettes about the ways children go missing — an infant stolen from a stroller, a predator luring a child with candy — and featured the real-life faces of 36 missing children. As a result, 25 of the children were found.

For the 25th anniversary of the song, NCMEC re-recorded and released a new version of the song with artists Jamie N Commons, Skylar Grey and Gallant. The video is featured at runawaytrain25.com and uses geolocation technology to let users view missing kids in their region.

Racine Jane was identified today as Peggy Lynn Johnson. For a long time it was suspected she was Alexis.

Racine's WS thread

Racine County Sheriff's Office identifies 1999 Jane Doe as Peggy Lynn Johnson
The suspect in the case has been identified as Linda Sue La Roche.
"After her mother died, Peggy was approximately 18 years old, cognitively impaired, on her own, and went searching for help at a medical clinic in McHenry, Illinois. There, she met a registered nurse named Linda La Roche, who recognized Peggy's disability and took her into her home," Schmaling explained Friday.

Johnson lived with La Roche for the next five years in McHenry, during which time Johnson "suffered long-term and horrific abuse at the hand of Linda La Roche," Schmaling said.

showed signs of being both sexually abused and malnourished.

The tip that led to La Roche's arrest came from "a concerned citizen" in Cape Coral who said that La Roche had been "telling people that she had killed a woman back when she lived in Illinois," according to the criminal complaint.

Last edited:
Are her adoptive parents still alive? I believe they're the ones with the answers.

West Michigan man arrested in woman’s 1980 killing in Virginia
Updated 3:21 PM;Today 1:11 PM

FTA:
ALLEGAN COUNTY, MI – A Hamilton man is being held in the 1980 killing of a 25-year-old woman in Virginia.
Dennis Lee Bowman, 70, was arrested Friday, Nov. 22, in Allegan County, in the killing of Kathleen O’Brien Doyle . . .

Allegan County Sheriff Frank Baker acknowledged that Bowman’s adopted daughter went missing in the late 1980s but said police have not tied him to her disappearance . . .

Posted Nov 22, 2019
“HAMILTON, MI -- Neighbors of a 70-year-old Allegan County man accused in the 1980 death of a Virginia woman described him as ‘weird’ and someone who mostly kept to himself.

The neighbors spoke Friday, Nov. 22 after Dennis Lee Bowman was arrested earlier that day after when he stopped at a Burnips area gas station.

[SBM]

Police say he is a suspect in the 1980 death of Kathleen O’Brien Doyle.

The victim was found slain on Sept. 11, 1980, at her home in Norfolk, Virginia. She was the daughter of a naval officer and wife of a U.S. Navy pilot who was deployed at the time, Norfolk Chief of Police Larry Boone said in a statement.

She was stabbed with a knife and choked with a cord, the Virginia-Pilot reported.

Allegan County Sheriff Frank Baker acknowledged that police were aware that Bowman’s adoptive daughter, Aundria Bowman, went missing in 1989 at age 14. Bowman has not been tied to her disappearance.

Friday at Bowman’s house, police had a state police bomb squad robot deployed and neighbors said they witnessed police digging on the property.

The Western Michigan University ‘Forensic Anthropology Response Unit’ also was at the scene. At least some investigators carried long rods, apparently for sticking into the soil.

[SBM]

Bowman has a criminal record that includes assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct in 1981 and breaking and entering a building in 1999.”
Allegan County neighbors describe 1980 homicide suspect as ‘weird,’ say he kept to himself

“Biological mother pushes for answers, after adoptive father is arrested”

9 hours ago
“[SBM]

On Friday, Aundria's adoptive father was charged in a homicide case out of Norfolk, Virginia.

Aundria was born as Alexis Badger. Her mother, Cathy Terkanian, was 17 when she gave birth to her one and only child. Terkanian chose to leave her husband and move in with her mother. Terkanian says shortly after moving in, her mother gave her little options about how to raise her child.

‘She went to Catholic Charities and she told them things I had no idea,’ said Terkanian. ‘They basically coerced Alexis out. I was 17. I think they could do anything to a 17-year-old.’

Terkanian thought her daughter was in good hands and adopted by a loving family. She had tried to contact her daughter to warn her she may be predisposed to breast cancer, as there was a strong family history present. However, she never succeeded in finding or speaking with her daughter.

In 2010, Terkanian received a letter from social services, heartbroken to learn detectives wanted her DNA to compare it to unidentified human remains. Detectives soon learned that was not her body they had found.

"So I gave them the DNA," said Terkanian. "So many ways I was relieved that it wasn't her, and I crushed that it wasn't her."

Terkanian continued looking into the details surrounding her daughter's disappearance. She hired a private investigator and learned of Dennis Bowman's criminal history, which included sexual assault.

She began pressuring police to look into the possibility that Aundria's father was involved in some way.

"I think there are answers. Someone knows something. She didn't just fall off the face of the earth, and that someone is very likely the someone they put in jail today," said Terkanian, referring to [her daughter].

[SBM]”
Video of the interview at the link:
Biological mother pushes for answers, after adoptive father is arrested

In the wee hours of the morning when I found the news regarding Dennis Bowman arrest, I found a picture of the white truck which had some advertising on the side about what they search for underground. I can't find it now....anyone find it? I want to read it again.

I was so surprised to see this news, it's amazing I was actually able to fall back to sleep.

Does anyone have any additional information about the digging going on at Dennis Bowman's home? Is the home they are digging at where Aundria resided before her disappearance?
One report said that it was the property where DLB poured a concrete slab and put a trailer immediately after Alexis/Aundria's disappearance.

Allegan County man had a history of violence prior to cold case arrest

How was he able to adopt considering his history? Do they not screen people wishing to adopt?

I'm kind of blown away here. What are the odds this guy would be arrested the same month Racine Doe was not only id'd, but her killer also arrested?

I wonder if either DB or Mrs. DB fessed up to Aundria being buried on the MI property? I kinda doubt they are digging in MI for evidence in the VA case.

Maybe Mrs. DB felt safe enough to tell now that Mr. DB is securely behind bars.

Last edited:

How was he able to adopt considering his history? Do they not screen people wishing to adopt?

I'm kind of blown away here. What are the odds this guy would be arrested the same month Racine Doe was not only id'd, but her killer also arrested?

I wonder if either DB or Mrs. DB fessed up to Aundria being buried on the MI property? I kinda doubt they are digging in MI for evidence in the VA case.

BBM:
With DB in custody, now is absolutely the time that LE needs to pull AB's adoptive mo/DB's wife in for an interview.

Occam says it's likely that she knows her husband is a monster. I would be shocked if she doesn't have some information r/t AB's disappearance that could help LE.

It's merely a question of whether or not she'll give it to them.

This is a woman who likely thinks silence is golden.
Some people think if they don't give voice to something, it didn't happen and/or it isn't a reality.

LE will need to convince her otherwise.

JMO.

Sorry been busy. Thanks for the links everyone. There are a few new ones. I'm going to try to back them up for Cathy for the FB page so she doesn't lose them like we've lost the WZZM story from when the OH girls escaped Castro that I thankfully had backed up.

I doubt she's talked about Alexis (Aundria). I honestly don't think she knows anything.

What you saw was ground penetrating radar. They're of course looking for Alexis IMO or someone else but they have not found anything yet. Brenda is back at the house. He's been denied bail.

Yes, freaky this happened after Peggy was ID'd, especially because we all thought she was Alexis for many years!

My opinion. He was caught with family tree DNA when someone got VA LE to see who murdered Kathleen since they thought they had it solved. See the FB page (link in my sig), I posted an article for Cathy the other day because people were asking. I'm glad they took the chance. It means Bowman has relatives in FTDNA and/or GEDmatch....

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back