PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since reading the updated information the investigators are reviewing I have such a foreboding sinking feeling.:(

Could she have forced both of her young children to put the noose around their necks then she knocked the chair out from underneath both of them? :(

Just things I wonder about, and nothing more.

Jmho

I feel as if LE does not have enough evidence to prove mom did this. I don't have a good feeling about this either @ oceanblueeyes.

I still can't believe murder/suicide at the hands of an 8yr old child BUT how did mom do this without leaving enough useable evidence at the scene??

I feel as if LE does not have enough evidence to prove mom did this. I don't have a good feeling about this either @ oceanblueeyes.

I still can't believe murder/suicide at the hands of an 8yr old child BUT how did mom do this without leaving enough useable evidence at the scene??

The only way I can imagine the custodian involved without telling evidence is if she made this out to be a cruel game with the children, and told them to jump off the chairs.

Sorry, I find this so troubling I can't use any other name for the individual but custodian. MOO

The only way I can imagine the custodian involved without telling evidence is if she made this out to be a cruel game with the children, and told them to jump off the chairs.

Sorry, I find this so troubling I can't use any other name for the individual but custodian. MOO

If she did it, which is possibly the only plausible scenario, then yes, it's hard to imagine how she managed the physical logistics. You could very well be right.

So, as we know, LS created a Facebook group called, Remembering Conner & Brinley. She now has the group archived (cannot react, comment, post, etc) and has deactivated her Facebook.

I wonder if LE is coming at her, hot and heavy now?
Yikes. Maybe she has been "interviewed" over and over again by LE, maybe they even asked her straight up if she killed them. In cases like this, when a child dies under suspicious circumstances and there's a cloud of suspicion around a parent, when social media starts to get deactivated, it's usually followed by some big news.

If she did it, which is possibly the only plausible scenario, then yes, it's hard to imagine how she managed the physical logistics. You could very well be right.

Hi MJ!

I think she would be able to pull them up herself. Then all she would have to do is kick the chairs out from underneath both, and wait until she mistakenly thought she saw no signs of life to call 911.

There have been several cases where females, even ones of very petite stature, and weight ...who were perfectly capable of lifting even much more than their own weight. And lifted, and removed a very heavy dead weight body weighing over 200+ pounds right by themselves with no help from anyone.

If the hanging mechanism had a pulley or hoist device it would make it even easier to do so, but if not it's still doable, imho

Due to adrenalin women have been able to pick up tremendously heavy vehicles saving the ones who were trapped underneath.

I've learned over the years to never underestimate the power or strength females can, and do possess when they are determined to do anything ..including anything that requires lifting.

Jmhoo tho!

Last edited:
Hi MJ!

I think she would be able to pull them up herself. Then all she would have to do is kick the chairs out from underneath both, and wait until she mistakenly thought she saw no signs of life to call 911.

There have been several cases where females, even ones of very petite stature, and weight ...who were perfectly capable of lifting even much more than their own weight. And lifted, and removed a very heavy dead weight body weighing over 200+ pounds right by themselves with no help from anyone.

If the hanging mechanism had a pulley or hoist device it would make it even easier to do so, but if not it's still doable, imho

Due to adrenalin women have been able to pick up tremendously heavy vehicles saving the ones who were trapped underneath.

I've learned over the years to never underestimate the power or strength females can, and do possess when they are determined to do anything ..including anything that requires lifting.

Jmhoo tho!

Just theorizing here, but I wonder if it wasn’t so much a case of the custodian (stealing your very apropos word, Seattle1!) “mistakenly thinking she saw no signs of life to call 911” as it was an intentional plan to let the kids ALMOST die and then calling 911 believing they’d be able to he resuscitated. Had the kids survived, even in an intellectually/physically diminished capacity, LS could have parlayed the tragic situation into a very profitable venture (through G-F-M and similar charity operations) and would still potentially have been able to allege the “attempted suicide/fratricide” was the fault of the negligent school district for not effectively dealing with CB’s persecution by bullies. Pursuing litigation against the district could ultimately have been her goal as that would likely have resulted in the district reaching a decent financial settlement with LS just to avoid the appearance of heartlessness...
I take this cynical view of the crime (as being primarily mercenary in nature) based on LS’s documented history of playing the victim in public and her desire for charitable donations (IIRC, she previously solicited money from the community by claiming to have serious and expensive health issues).

MOO

I'd really like to see the timeline for this household on Monday, September 23, 2019 that resulted in a 911 call at about 4:30 pm that two babies were hanging from the basement rafters and two chairs taken from the dining room were seen tipped over.

Do two children 4 and 8 get up on Monday, brush their teeth, dress, eat cheerios, play at recess, collect their homework and go home and call it a life?

Based on earlier reports, their 17 year old brother was still living with them on this date. Hope he's getting help and guidance.

So many unanswered questions.

When were the children last seen alive?

Seattle1, I had a similar thought also. What does an 8-year-old do when he gets home from school? IMO first gets a snack, 2nd turns on the TV or gaming system if allowed to for some downtime. Something along those lines. Not this.

And I just bet Conner loved his little sister and was protective of her.

This is a very odd situation for the investigative team to be in. Trying to prove someone did NOT commit suicide would be like trying to prove someone was NOT raped.

So if someone falsely claims they were raped and to bolster their story they claim at the same time YOU were raped... how do you prove you were not raped?

If you think about it that way all of our investigative and forensic tools are geared towards proving something DID happen. We don't have tools for proving that something did NOT happen.

Who do you call to prove it did NOT happen? It's extremely challenging. It's nearly impossible to prove a rape didn't happen even with a live person testifying. I'm not sure how on earth you prove a suicide didn't happen when you don't even have a live person to assert that.

It just seems to me that if this very young boy was as troubled and damaged as his mother claims, there would have to be many people in his life who could attest to that.

His teachers, the administrators, friends and their parents, his older brother, grandparents, etc etc, would have noticed if he was in such emotional turmoil.

And they would know if he was actually capable of pulling off that complicated double suicide. I don't think many 8 yr olds could devise that set up and successfully get their younger sibling to comply. Nor would many be upset enough, even if bullied, to kill their beloved little sister as well.

I think that would take a unique and extreme set of circumstances. He would have been intensely bullied and totally distraught to take this extreme a step.

So there had to be others in the school that knew he was being harassed and bullied so severely. IF he really was , that is. I have no doubts that he did get some mean comments about his size because kids can be mean. But every kid receives some bullying at some point.

But not every kid would make such a rash decision as this. There had to have been some signs...

Ita, with you once again.

Both were so young, impressionable, and naive they would trust their mom if she told them it was only just a fun game.

That way she could say afterwards she had no involvement.

I've always felt from the beginning there is so much back history we don't know about these children's mother.

Whatever happened to these 2 dead children, and their only living sibling starts with this mom. Had she abused, and bullied their older brother where he escaped when legally of age to decide who he wanted to live with?

Before when living there did he at times have to step in to protect his little brother, and sister from their mom?

Imo, I think the older brother holds the key to what really went on behind closed doors.

The police will talk with him extensively in their ongoing investigation.

Jmho

Just theorizing here, but I wonder if it wasn’t so much a case of the custodian (stealing your very apropos word, Seattle1!) “mistakenly thinking she saw no signs of life to call 911” as it was an intentional plan to let the kids ALMOST die and then calling 911 believing they’d be able to he resuscitated. Had the kids survived, even in an intellectually/physically diminished capacity, LS could have parlayed the tragic situation into a very profitable venture (through G-F-M and similar charity operations) and would still potentially have been able to allege the “attempted suicide/fratricide” was the fault of the negligent school district for not effectively dealing with CB’s persecution by bullies. Pursuing litigation against the district could ultimately have been her goal as that would likely have resulted in the district reaching a decent financial settlement with LS just to avoid the appearance of heartlessness...
I take this cynical view of the crime (as being primarily mercenary in nature) based on LS’s documented history of playing the victim in public and her desire for charitable donations (IIRC, she previously solicited money from the community by claiming to have serious and expensive health issues).

MOO

Great analysis!

I've even thought of that myself.

It sure would line up with MH by Proxy.

I have no doubt the investigators will investigate her prior history, and the medical records of all three children to see if there was a consistent pattern of seeking attention using her own children as tools in order to do so. :(

I really wish we had more of the backstory on this mom's history who is at the center of all of this.

Nothing done is ever really done in a vacuum. Others know a lot of important information about her even if she felt is was her own held secrets.

I've noticed after something as dreadful as their deaths happens then countless others will come forth to LE about what they have known, but never told anyone before then. Imo, it will happen in this case too.

Jmhoo

thinking of these kids today and often... no chance to be or do, no chance to love or be loved now...

Back to sitting on my hands in this one but had to throw in some holiday love. Good to be reminded that people do care beyond just the salacious details.

Ita!

Happy TG holiday love going out to you too, and all of my WS family!

Yes, these two beautiful precious children should be here looking forward to TG, and soon after Christmas.

That is why they both deserve no less than the entire truth to come forward.

Anytime children of any tender age dies, no matter the reason, we as a society overall lose greatly, but most important of all they lose all opportunities to shine, and grow.

Jmho

Imo, if this was a clear cut case that was actually a murder suicide as the mom claims the evidence found at the scene would align wih her claims. Also the autopsies of both children will be evidence they consider which will include full toxicology results on each child.

It will be interesting to know if one or both had drugs in their system at the time of death.

If so could she have hoisted them up herself, and then staged the scene?

Evidently the evidence thus far does not line up , and that is the very reason it's still being closely investigated.

This one may take months to complete like others have.

Jmhoo
If the children had drugs in their system at the time of their death will not tell anything about if there were any drugs in their system at the time of the hanging, as they had been on life support for three days when they died. To learn whether there were any drugs at the time of the hanging, there have to be blood samples taken when they came to the hospital and having been saved to be tested, and even then it's not sure that those samples will show anything for sure, it will depend on what drugs the children were given by paramedics on the way from their home to hospital, when trying to save the children.

If the children had drugs in their system at the time of their death will not tell anything about if there were any drugs in their system at the time of the hanging, as they had been on life support for three days when they died. To learn whether there were any drugs at the time of the hanging, there have to be blood samples taken when they came to the hospital and having been saved to be tested, and even then it's not sure that those samples will show anything for sure, it will depend on what drugs the children were given by paramedics on the way from their home to hospital, when trying to save the children.

Morning!

That's true.

However I do believe they would take blood early after arrival. That is customarily done no matter the situation.

I'm sure whatever medication the EMTs used would be totally different than what may have been given to them shortly before they were found hanging.

I'm not saying they were drugged, but think it's only a possibility.

Imo, there were various ways their mom could have enticed her 2 naive, and trusting children including making them think it was just a game they were playing.

What terrifies me most is if she did entice them into doing this on their own, she may never be held accountable.

I do have hope though, and it may come from the moms back history, and what their brother may reveal.

Even if they can't prove she did this, she should be charged with felony child endangerment, and abuse of both children.

Even she admitted her young son was suicidal, and didnt want to go alone, which I find that is an extremely odd statement coming from an 8 year old child.

Yet supposedly knowing all of this what does she do to make sure it never happened?

Are there records she met with the school staff to make sure she made them aware he was being bullied by someone, telling them who was targeting him to the point he was suicidal at only 8 years old?

Are there documented records of where she sought therapy immediately for her son to get him much needed help?

Was she planning to file a civil lawsuit against his school for failing to stop the bullying that she says led to her son's suicide? Hmmm.

Imo, I highly doubt she did any of those proactive, protective things any other loving parent would do in the same situation, but we will see.

Happy early Thanksgiving everyone! We have over 40 family members, and friends coming to our home tomorrow. :)

jmhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member